i need help :S

mika-fan1001

well ive tried many diff. ways to stop cracking my knuckles, such as clenching my fists (but they astill crack when i do that).medicine balls. and rubberbands. but i just crack them more! i cracked them so much, aand today, i realized my knuckles r getting darker, and its very unattractive.

i was wondering if anyone else has good tips. i need to stop. the sooner, the better!

thanks

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooh darn! I have no idea how to stop that...

Hang on, I looked it up:

Try to keep your fingers busy, read, tidy, move them, tap them, (even if that annoys people, you want to stop this and thats much more important because it can damage you physically, just try to not replace one habit for another) find new things to do, that involve the hands, like drawing, learning an instrument

also try to keep your mind busy, but always have background recognition that you want to stop and make up mental check points in your own head to notice and react when you notice

also dont get angry at yourself when you find you do it, thats gonna happen i assure you, it is very difficult to break the cycle and the fact that you want to stop and are trying to stop is commendable enough

(also being angry at yourself will only make you feel bad about stopping and in turn need to do it and make you feel low in your confidence in your ability to stop)

and you should always congratulate yourself on any time you dont do it for, because there are many people who cant stop at all, ever.

(and that will only help build your confidence in yourself by proving to yourself you can do it)

ask your family and friends to tell you when you are doing it when you dont even notice,

(yes that is annoying, you feel like a child being told off, but they love you, they want to help you and you want to fix this so that is the least you can put up with for you to stop)

also you could exercise your fingers a little, flex them, move them up and down at a mild rate, this helps not only do something else with your fingers, but in theory it may improve blood flow that may in turn help strengthen the cartilage(this is theory tho so may not help or work)

And here's this: http://www.wikihow.com/Stop-Cracking-Your-Knuckles

Hope it helps! :thumb_yello:

Ooh darn! I have no idea how to stop that...

Hang on, I looked it up:

Try to keep your fingers busy, read, tidy, move them, tap them, (even if that annoys people, you want to stop this and thats much more important because it can damage you physically, just try to not replace one habit for another) find new things to do, that involve the hands, like drawing, learning an instrument

also try to keep your mind busy, but always have background recognition that you want to stop and make up mental check points in your own head to notice and react when you notice

also dont get angry at yourself when you find you do it, thats gonna happen i assure you, it is very difficult to break the cycle and the fact that you want to stop and are trying to stop is commendable enough

(also being angry at yourself will only make you feel bad about stopping and in turn need to do it and make you feel low in your confidence in your ability to stop)

and you should always congratulate yourself on any time you dont do it for, because there are many people who cant stop at all, ever.

(and that will only help build your confidence in yourself by proving to yourself you can do it)

ask your family and friends to tell you when you are doing it when you dont even notice,

(yes that is annoying, you feel like a child being told off, but they love you, they want to help you and you want to fix this so that is the least you can put up with for you to stop)

also you could exercise your fingers a little, flex them, move them up and down at a mild rate, this helps not only do something else with your fingers, but in theory it may improve blood flow that may in turn help strengthen the cartilage(this is theory tho so may not help or work)

And here's this: http://www.wikihow.com/Stop-Cracking-Your-Knuckles

Hope it helps! :thumb_yello:

thanks

ya i do it all the time. dnt even notice it!

its terrible!

Question: Are there any side effects to cracking knuckles?

There is no evidence that cracking knuckles causes any damage such as arthritis in the joints. However, a couple of reports in the medical literature are available associating knuckle cracking with injury of the ligaments surrounding the joint or dislocation of the tendons ( attachments of muscles to bones) which improved with conservative treatment. A study found that after many years of cracking habitual knuckle crackers may have reduced grip strength compared with people not cracking their knuckles.

i look up stuff a lot. but found this site

ive always had loose ligaments. and since i crack my nose (bcuz it broke. and it now cracks), neck, back, knees, elbows, wrists, knuckles, ankles, toes, my ligaments are super week, *those arent all ligaments. just what i crack*

but week ligaments + my klutzyness = big mess

i take calcium pills (even tho i get calcium everyday. ive just got super week ligaments, and try to help them)

but u can see, i reallt need to stop

my jaw also pops. but that is caused from TMJ. lol

http://www.hopkins-arthritis.org/arthritis-news/2007/knuckle-cracking-and-arthritis.html

Ok mine aren't green.. yet, so I guess I'm not as bad as you :naughty:

well it all started in elementry school. and my sister always would try cracking MY knuckles. and i would cry cuz the way she did it to me was killer pain! but after a while, i was always doing it. if im lying down. i will get up w. my finers in wirerd posisions so they crack. and so my back and elbowsand everything does too. and i just lean forward on my toes a little. and i make a slight motion in my ankles and wrists, and i just cock my neck. they all crack

sorry uh crap uhhh really sorry but you can stop puuting your knucles in the position that the would crock:das:

lol