Support Callaghan

babspanky

Some of you may be aware that in the past Luke Juby has written songs with an artist named Callaghan.

Well, as some of us really like Luke's compositions, we decided to go and see Callaghan.

We liked what we saw, she sings folksy, melancholy songs, has a sweet voice and an engaging personality. She's also very pretty!

Hate her already? :naughty:

Anyway, this coming autumn she has a chart campaign and it would be great if you could support it.

Here's her e mail explaining about it.

Hi there,

I hope all is well with you!

You might have already seen adverts for “Callaghan’s Chart Campaign” on my website or heard me mention it at my recent gigs. Well I am now officially launching the campaign and wanted you to be the first to hear about it.

First of all, thanks so much for already signing up to my mailing list. It really means a lot to have you as a supporter.

I am launching a campaign to get into the UK Top 40 this November and need your help!

I am releasing my new single “Look Around” on October 26th on iTunes UK.

It might seem a crazy idea to some people, but last year the average number of singles sold to get into the Top 40 was only 2,500 – not so many I think you’d agree?

So even though I have no manager, no record label, and no PR budget, I think with your help I can do it.

I want to send out a really strong message that the public can decide who is successful – not just Simon Cowell!

This campaign is about shaking up the music industry and seeing what one unsigned artist can achieve with the help of music lovers– I am therefore donating all proceeds from the single to music charity Live Music Now.

I am asking people to sign up to my mailing list (which you have already done!) to pledge their support and in return I will send them a free download of my version of the song “Over the rainbow”.

Then all I need you to do is spend 79p of your hard earned cash on the week of 26th October to help me achieve this goal. If I sell over 2,500 downloads you might just see me in the Top 40 on 2nd November!!

You can visit my website now, http://www.callaghaninfo.com to hear a clip of "Look Around", and soon I'll send you a link so that you can get your free "Over the Rainbow" download.

It's a tough challenge and I need as many supporters of real music as possible signed up on my website to support me, so please forward this message on to friends, family and contacts who love real music. With your help we could build a real story!

Thanks again for your support

Love Callaghan

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i have no idea about her but i would like to help really...for the same reason you said.

and mika was in the same situation a long while ago:naughty:

yes i guess it means i can't buy it, somehow you can't buy songs from i-tunes in Turkey:boxed:

or it's just me who couldn't manage it.

Oh no, I can't purchase from UK iTunes. :thumbdown:

I love this idea. I hope it pans out for her and she makes it into the Top 40. I wonder if she could get a push from iTunes by being featured on their front page in November?

Do you know if Luke was involved in either one of these songs?

It would be great to get her into the top 40 just to make a point.

Luke let us listen to a new song that he and Callaghan had just written, she has a lovely voice!

Come on, support this!

• 1 month later...

Yeah she was really good! Had a little chat too and she was really nice... bad venue though..stuck in the entrance hall with people talking and walking in front of the stage all the time - we were getting so annoyed with them!

Yeah she was really good! Had a little chat too and she was really nice... bad venue though..stuck in the entrance hall with people talking and walking in front of the stage all the time - we were getting so annoyed with them!

Oh better go to the Regal Room then, you aren't allowed to talk there . :naughty:

She was really good! A shame about the "middle of the way" type place, but she did very well.

And we told her that we know of her through Luke :naughty:

Yeah I was tempted to get up and do the SHHHHhhhhhh thing :naughty:

We really should have. Selfish inconsiderate people, those making noise and walking right in front of everyone.

• 2 weeks later...