Cooking with Chickadee - The Recipes Thread

Christine

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey chickadee, cook any Anzac cookies lately? :wink2:

No I haven't, but there is a cake stall at church on Sunday and I've been poring over my "new" (pilfered off my mother when I went to stay with her recently) slice cookbooks. I usually can't make slices, but I tried one two weeks ago for a class party at my son's school and it worked!:shocked: So maybe it just depends on the recipe. I did find a slice recipe that was very similar to Anzac biscuits in the base and then had a ginger icing on top, which sounded interesting, but I didn't have the right sized pan and considering that I don't usually have good luck with slices, I didn't want to tempt fate by using a different pan and trying to wing it with cooking times etc.

Have you made any lately?

Oh and I made a marble cake yesterday for my son's birthday. I love running a skewer through the different colours to give you all the pretty squiggles that show up when the cake is cut.

MOST YUMMY PASTA U EVER HAD!!!

This comes a bit out of the blue, but tried this recipe tonight and it's proven to be the most yummy pasta dish u have ever had or Will have in your entire life ;) , so i thought about sharing:

1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil , once around the pan in a slow stream

1 tablespoon butter

2 cloves garlic , minced

2 shallots , minced

1 cup vodka

1 cup chicken stock

1 can crushed tomatoes (32 ounces)

Coarse salt and pepper

16 ounces pasta , such as penne rigate

1/2 cup heavy cream

20 leaves fresh basil , shredded or torn

Serve with:

Crusty bread , for passing

Heat a large skillet over moderate heat. Add oil, butter, garlic and shallots. Gently sauté shallots for 3 to 5 minutes to develop their sweetness. Add vodka to the pan (3 turns around the pan in a steady stream will equal about 1 cup). Reduce vodka by half, this will take 2 or 3 minutes. Add chicken stock, tomatoes. Bring sauce to a bubble and reduce heat to simmer. Season with salt and pepper.

While sauce simmers, cook pasta in salted boiling water until cooked to al dente (with a bite to it). While pasta cooks, prepare your salad or other side dishes.

Stir cream into sauce. When sauce returns to a bubble, remove it from heat. Drain pasta. Toss hot pasta with sauce and basil leaves. Pass pasta with crusty bread.

ENJOY!

That sounds sooo good! I must try it sometime! :thumb_yello::wink2::bleh:

MOST YUMMY PASTA U EVER HAD!!!

ENJOY!

Huge detail: FRESH BASIL, 20 leaves or MORE!!! Trust me ;)

willywonka, I made and just had your pasta recipe for dinner for me and my family. It was really good, everyone liked it. :) And I didn't forget the fresh basil hehe.

Two thumbs up-->:thumb_yello::thumb_yello:

:naughty:

I had made the pasta. As well as some breaded fish fillets on the side as well. And I served caesar salad and bread as side dishes. Yummy! :licks_lips:

Wow, glad u liked it, fillets and caesar salad are great side dishes, i use this pasta with everything really or even alone when kids are not eating home...

i'll get u some other YUMMY ones...

I really like cooking and to get new recipes from other countries for sometimes i get so sick and tired of mine ;)

Oh and I made a marble cake yesterday for my son's birthday. I love running a skewer through the different colours to give you all the pretty squiggles that show up when the cake is cut.

How about Ebola cake CD - have you introduced everyone to that? :das:

Wow, glad u liked it, fillets and caesar salad are great side dishes, i use this pasta with everything really or even alone when kids are not eating home...

I really like cooking and to get new recipes from other countries for sometimes i get so sick and tired of mine ;)

No problemo, it was really tasty! :) And the fillets and salad were pretty yummy as well. :naughty:

We were also thinking that the recipe is so versatile. You can add other things that you like in it- like some veggies or chicken or something.

Cool! I was thinking that the next pasta dish I want to try would be like an alfredo one.

I really like cooking as well! :thumb_yello:

Place half of the butter in a serving bowl, keeping it warm.

Cook the spaguetti or any other pasta like fettuccine in a lot of salted water. When its perfectly al dente keep some tablespoons of the same water.

Drop the hot pasta in the bowl over the butter, add the rest of the butter and toss quickly to melt it.

Add the parmigiano reggiano cheese, and a small quantity of the cooking water if pasta seems to b too dry, and toss it again.

Bon appetit! ;)

Place half of the butter in a serving bowl, keeping it warm.

Cook the spaguetti or any other pasta like fettuccine in a lot of salted water. When its perfectly al dente keep some tablespoons of the same water.

Drop the hot pasta in the bowl over the butter, add the rest of the butter and toss quickly to melt it.

Add the parmigiano reggiano cheese, and a small quantity of the cooking water if pasta seems to b too dry, and toss it again.

Bon appetit! ;)

Oooh yummy! That sounds good. :thumb_yello:

I don't have to add milk to the sauce? Or a thickening agent?

I'm really glad that other people are using and enjoying this thread. I have a really yummy pasta recipe, but it's very fattening... I might post it later (after I check that I haven't already posted it and forgotten).

How about Ebola cake CD - have you introduced everyone to that? :das:

Ah, no. That's OKD's metier don't you think?

Well, did a huge amount of cooking over the weekend for the cake stall and it all went really well. Obviously there was a whole heap of other people's stuff there, but I was so pleased that everything of mine sold! And if I can't brag here, where can I brag huh?

And I seem to have gotten over my fear of slices. I made a Christmas slice, a Cinnamon and Walnut slice and a Caramel slice and they all worked! I also did Banana Choc-chip Muffins, my Triple Chocolate Chip cookies and a Chocolate Cherry Forest cake.

Hmmm... I've just looked at that list... I only made one thing that didn't have chocolate in it!:naughty:

Maybe I'm just a tad chocolate obsessed?

Well, did a huge amount of cooking over the weekend for the cake stall and it all went really well. Obviously there was a whole heap of other people's stuff there, but I was so pleased that everything of mine sold! And if I can't brag here, where can I brag huh?

And I seem to have gotten over my fear of slices. I made a Christmas slice, a Cinnamon and Walnut slice and a Caramel slice and they all worked! I also did Banana Choc-chip Muffins, my Triple Chocolate Chip cookies and a Chocolate Cherry Forest cake.

Hmmm... I've just looked at that list... I only made one thing that didn't have chocolate in it!:naughty:

Banana chcolate muffins are really tasty!

I'm happy for you that it went so well!:thumb_yello:

Chocolate...:wub2:...remember the Chocolate Silk Pie?:thumb_yello: