The Most Marvellous Mika Mail

Petra

I'm not sure how much mine was, as I didn't buy everything at once, but I'd say about 60$ minus shipping.

Bubuciis, have you got mine yet? (I've got a lot of catching up to do, I haven't read the old thread yet) It should be arriving in the next week or so...but I'm not quite sure...

Damnnn, nevermind. I won't be participating :lol3:

Suzy - I am new to this myself so I think I would welcome a brief rundown of how it should all work.

As for what to send, I think it's usually:

Sweets, candies, cookies or biscuits

Magazines

Things that represent your country

Little toys

Anything Mika-ish

Keyrings

Badges

etc

Hmmmm.....I can give you my two cents worth. If you decide you want to join you pm Petra with the details of what type of partner you are looking for. For example: someone from UK or Japan, or anyone outside the US etc etc. You can also specify youngling or oldling.....or you can find your own partner by pming someone you see on the list and asking them. If they agree to be your partner, you let Petra know.

Then, you talk to your partner to get some ideas of what they would like to receive, what they like (or you stalk them on MFC :naughty:). This part can be fun too as you get to know more about your new friend. You usually make mutual agreements on when you will send each other a parcel. Sometimes things get delayed but you are responsible for keeping in touch with your partner and making sure that they know what is up.

Then, you shop. You wrap or pack in a box. You might include a note or a letter, and you mail it off. (and wait to receive yours) :blush-anim-cl:

To me the fun part is doing the shopping for someone else and trying to think of fun, interesting things that your partner would like. Then, of course, one day receiving a box of goods from some foreign port is rather exciting too. I will have to say that I done it several times and I have really enjoyed it and I learned about other places and made some good friends.

Hope this helps, and I am sure others will be able to tell you more!

Thank you both! :thumb_yello: That helps - I'll PM Petra when I'm ready to go ahead with this.

Also, for people wanting to know what Mika Mial "is", you can check out the old thread and see pictures of people's MMs: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7429

Eg:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1749404&postcount=3099

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1726979&postcount=3068

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1720061&postcount=3052

(Or just search "photobucket" or something, and a bunch come up :naughty:)

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/search.php?searchid=1717040

And Nono, not everybody spends the same, you can say something like how much you want to spend in your preference, there's definately other people who would want to do a smaller-sized package with you :thumb_yello:

I'm in the UK and would prefer someone who isn't from the UK, doesn't matter where though :)

Yo :mf_rosetinted: I'm not as broke anymore, so I'd like to join again :blush-anim-cl:

I'm sorry, I'm pretty late with everything at the moment! I@ll put you two on the list!

Hmmmm.....I can give you my two cents worth. If you decide you want to join you pm Petra with the details of what type of partner you are looking for. For example: someone from UK or Japan, or anyone outside the US etc etc. You can also specify youngling or oldling.....or you can find your own partner by pming someone you see on the list and asking them. If they agree to be your partner, you let Petra know.

Then, you talk to your partner to get some ideas of what they would like to receive, what they like (or you stalk them on MFC :naughty:). This part can be fun too as you get to know more about your new friend. You usually make mutual agreements on when you will send each other a parcel. Sometimes things get delayed but you are responsible for keeping in touch with your partner and making sure that they know what is up.

Then, you shop. You wrap or pack in a box. You might include a note or a letter, and you mail it off. (and wait to receive yours) :blush-anim-cl:

To me the fun part is doing the shopping for someone else and trying to think of fun, interesting things that your partner would like. Then, of course, one day receiving a box of goods from some foreign port is rather exciting too. I will have to say that I done it several times and I have really enjoyed it and I learned about other places and made some good friends.

Hope this helps, and I am sure others will be able to tell you more!

:thumb_yello:

Petra,

Lindemfc and I are going ti be Mika Mail partners...

:das:

has anyone seen or heard from yogabear90?

Ive pmed her about being her new mika mail partner but so far nothing! :shocked:

No idea! I PMed her a while ago but I never got anything back, too :boxed:.

:roftl: :roftl: :roftl:!!!

Petra? Do you want a dog? I could probably fit him in there. :wink2:

*looks at ambrose*

*looks at box*

*looks at ambrose again*

You don't require him to have any limbs do you? :blink:

Oh yes, please!! :wub2:

Also, for people wanting to know what Mika Mail "is", you can check out the old thread and see pictures of people's MMs: http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7429

Eg:

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1749404&postcount=3099

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1726979&postcount=3068

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1720061&postcount=3052

(Or just search "photobucket" or something, and a bunch come up :naughty:)

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/search.php?searchid=1717040

And Nono, not everybody spends the same, you can say something like how much you want to spend in your preference, there's definately other people who would want to do a smaller-sized package with you :thumb_yello:

Brilliant!! Can we put that in the thread starter? Together with what lilmot wrote?

You can calculate with at least 8 weeks for a land mail parcel from continental Europe to Australia *shrugs* and even if you send it via Air Mail, it won't necessarily be faster. My stuff to Mexico/Australia needed roughly 9 weeks each (which is ****) and so I sent OkD's last parcel via.. what's it called?.. well, the faster & more expensive way and it took 14 days although the post claimed it would just need 7-9. But the guys at the post will also just tell you that they can't do anything once the parcel has left the Netherlands :crybaby:.

with mika mail the joy is you can put as much or as little in it as you want! I tend to send big packages when I can and small ones when im broke!

as for what to send...thats up to you

Im going to go insane...foalbaby still hasnt got my mail and I sent it about 3 weeks ago! Im getting worried! Damn that New Zealand post!

If it doesnt make it there soon...I shall cry...and then I shell jump up and down and scream and yell and then 'peacefully' walk into the post office and ask where the hell my package got to!!!

with mika mail the joy is you can put as much or as little in it as you want! I tend to send big packages when I can and small ones when im broke!

as for what to send...thats up to you

Im going to go insane...foalbaby still hasnt got my mail and I sent it about 3 weeks ago! Im getting worried! Damn that New Zealand post!

If it doesnt make it there soon...I shall cry...and then I shell jump up and down and scream and yell and then 'peacefully' walk into the post office and ask where the hell my package got to!!!

:boxed: Sorry for that! It's always ... surprising. I mean, we are in 2008! And then parcels still need MONTHS!

Still no parcel Nico_Collard?????

if its still not there when I'm back in NL, I will return to the store and ask that shop owner where the f*** my parcel is!:thumbdown:

Nope, nothing... :tears:

You can calculate with at least 8 weeks for a land mail parcel from continental Europe to Australia *shrugs* and even if you send it via Air Mail, it won't necessarily be faster. My stuff to Mexico/Australia needed roughly 9 weeks each (which is ****) and so I sent OkD's last parcel via.. what's it called?.. well, the faster & more expensive way and it took 14 days although the post claimed it would just need 7-9. But the guys at the post will also just tell you that they can't do anything once the parcel has left the Netherlands.

It took exactly two weeks (or it might've been less) for my parcel to getfrom Orange to Biekje...

And it had to go to Bathurst, then to Sydney...

I really don't understand how it could take longer for something to come to me but I sent one and it got there in 2 weeks... Obviously Australia Post hates me :boxed:...

You're not the only one Rosina... I hate Oz post...

FINALLY!!!!

i got my mika mail from RosinaKiwi!!!!!!

i will post pictures tomorrow cuz im really tired:naughty:

Very cool! I can't wait- I love seeing the photos of people's parcels:thumb_yello:

When we've finished collecting everything for each other, I can't wait for when Laura (LadyGodiva) and I exchange ours :boing:

It took exactly two weeks (or it might've been less) for my parcel to getfrom Orange to Biekje...

And it had to go to Bathurst, then to Sydney...

I really don't understand how it could take longer for something to come to me but I sent one and it got there in 2 weeks... Obviously Australia Post hates me ...

You're not the only one Rosina... I hate Oz post...

It's not the aussie post, it's the european post :naughty:

Our post is really quite good. That's why it takes much less for it to get there from Australia. Most of Asia has even better post than us. Tomomi sent a package that took 2 days to get to the UK :insane:

I don't really understand how it works :naughty:

Heres everything RosinaKiwi gave me

Picture525-1-1.jpg

^^

Lotion and soap, i believe kiwi scented

Picture526-1-1.jpg

^^

Some postcards

Picture527-1.jpg

^^

Coin pouch, notepad and some NZ money

Picture528-1.jpg

^^

Some sweets and tea

Picture529-1.jpg

^^

pencil(matches notebook), bookmark and some lip gloss

Now this is my favorite thing that I got

Picture530-1.jpg

^^

Emergency Kit

Picture531-1.jpg

^^

This is what it says on the inside of the box:

There are moments in which you need a peaceful vibe, a touch of good luck and someone to tell your worries to. Use this emergency kit to balance those tough moments!

An angel for peaceful thoughts, a Lucky Bean and a Worry Doll

I need a name for my Worry Doll, any suggestions?