Cannot belive there is no thread about this utterly amazing show one of the best things on tv IMO.

Season 3 is starting in September 28, i can't wait. :punk:

Any fans out there? i know there are some. :naughty::thumb_yello:

comicconvy0.jpg

Warning!!!!

Spoilers might appear in some posts.

Edited by Mici

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cannot belive there is no thread about this utterly amazing show one of the best things on tv IMO.

comicconvy0.jpg

WOOO HOOO Dexter! hahaha last year I had a dog which I named Dexter hehehe (it was English Bullterrier :mf_rosetinted: ) :naughty:

I love that show... can't wait for the 3rd season...

hehe I didn't oppened a thread bout Dexter because I think I have strange taste and all my threads just died :mf_rosetinted:

haha... that's mine's Dexter n1065950751_69915_1639.jpg:mf_rosetinted:

aww he is adorable :wub2:

i saw this picture on the pets thread a long while ago:naughty:

since we are turning this into a pet thread i should make a contribution too:mf_rosetinted:

kameraaaa004dh7.jpg

this is my cat 2 months ago, and no her name is not dexter...

so off topic:roftl:

I've watched the first two seasons.

I like the actor who plays "DEXTER" even though

his name escapes me just now.

[i liked him in [i]"SIX FEET UNDER"[/i] too.]

I LOVE the opening of each of the "DEXTER" episodes.

I think the way the story unfolds is very creative,

however it is . . . OVER THE TOP . . . to me.

Parts I like: Other parts I think are unnecessarily brutal and graphic

. . . . you know which parts I mean, no doubt.

Anyway, I'll likely keep watching.

I'll get it on NETFLIX when it becomes available.

[i liked him in "SIX FEET UNDER" too.]

I LOVE the opening of each of the "DEXTER" episodes.

I think the way the story unfolds is very creative,

however it is . . . OVER THE TOP . . . to me.

Parts I like: Other parts I think are unnecessarily brutal and graphic

. . . . you know which parts I mean, no doubt.

Anyway, I'll likely keep watching.

I'll get it on NETFLIX when it becomes available.

oh yes the breakfast routine:wub2:

haha... that's mine's Dexter n1065950751_69915_1639.jpg

Awww, he's a cute Dexter, too! :thumb_yello:

[i liked him in "SIX FEET UNDER" too.]

Yes, me too -- he was great in Six Feet Under. Love that show.

I've only seen one episode of Dexter, though -- it's on

Showtime, isn't it? Which we don't get. I must have seen it

as a re-run somewhere, though... and have just never run

across it again. It sounds like something I'd like if I knew when it

was on...

dcdeb

*take a look in the thread* Oh, Dexter!!! *thinks really hard who's Dexter* :lol3:

seriously? you don't know the show?

you can watch it online here:

http://www.surfthechannel.com/show/television/Dexter.html

:thumb_yello:

I love the oppening and Michael... I think he is the best choice for that role! do you know that it took me several months to notice that that hand is cut off from dead person :naughty: I was focused so hard on his face I didn't notice the colour of that hand LOL

PS about the dog part ;) everyone asks me if the name is from Dexter laboratories... gawd... do he looks like a cute doggie hehehe, he's more like a murderer LOL?

seriously? you don't know the show?

you can watch it online here:

http://www.surfthechannel.com/show/television/Dexter.html

:thumb_yello:

I love the oppening and Michael... I think he is the best choice for that role! do you know that it took me several months to notice that that hand is cut off from dead person :naughty: I was focused so hard on his face I didn't notice the colour of that hand LOL

PS about the dog part ;) everyone asks me if the name is from Dexter laboratories... gawd... do he looks like a cute doggie hehehe, he's more like a murderer LOL?

Thank you, but i really can't see any videos now!:thumbdown:

But whats about it?

comicconvy0.jpg

I'm a huge fan of Dexter!:thumb_yello:

Season 3, wow!:punk:

I've been waiting soooo!

I just started watching Dexter last week. I've gone through 10 episodes already. :naughty:

I can't watch that opening. I always skip over it.

why? :naughty: it is sooooooo psychedelic!hehe he is so thorough at everything what he does... and at the end when he put that t-shirt on.... ROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAR

Some background about the story line . . . .

Tribune Media Services

Clearly, Michael C. Hall likes to play guys who usher others into the afterlife. The 35-year-old actor earned an Emmy nomination as funeral home director David Fisher in HBO's critically acclaimed series Six Feet Under.

Now, in Dexter, he's helping to bring bad guys to justice - by murdering them.

In this new Showtime series, which premieres Sunday, October 1, Hall plays Dexter Morgan, a seemingly charming forensics expert for the Miami Metro Police Department, where his sister, Debra (Jennifer Carpenter, The Exorcism of Emily Rose), is also on the force.

What not even Debra knows, however, is that Dexter's easygoing demeanor is an act. Orphaned as a child, Dexter was adopted by Debra's dad (James Remar, seen in flashbacks), a cop who eventually made a sickening discovery: His little boy liked to kill small animals.

Determined to find a way to deal with his son's deadly compulsion, Dexter's dad gave the boy reluctant permission to unleash his blood lust from time to time, but only to dispatch unredeemable bad guys. Otherwise, however, he instilled a strong moral code in young Dexter.

That's why Dexter's adult job, as a blood-pattern expert on a crime team, is so perfect:

It brings him into contact with candidates ripe for his unconventional brand of justice.

Darkness

"I think Dexter takes some satisfaction in the fact that he has been presented with an opportunity through his foster father to take unique responsibility for his darkness," Hall says. "Would that we all made lemonade out of the lemons we were presented in our life- although obviously, he's presented with a pretty hefty lemon.

"I think the flip side of that is he, maybe on some level, wonders what or who he'd be had he not had that person shine a light on his darkest secret and tell him that he still had the potential to be good."

Jeff Lindsay, who created the title character in his novel, Darkly Dreaming Dexter, bristles at the suggestion that Dexter is cruel or sadistic.

"I think it's very unfair to refer to Dexter as sadistic," Lindsay says. "I think he shows remarkable restraint and really, really murders without sadism of any kind. Perhaps a certain ritual enjoyment, but I don't think that's sadistic at all."

Indeed, Hall suggests, the scenes of Dexter's murders - which do not feature explicit gore - reveal the few moments when Dexter is free to remove the mask he wears around other people.

"I think he feels a release (when he kills)," the actor says. "There is a certain kind of tension that builds up, and his compulsion drives him to relieve that tension. There is a calm, a sense that perhaps that is the one time that he is not lying to the world. But it's not always the same.

Unique intimacy

"Through killing killers, I think Dexter is killing himself again and again, or that part of himself, at least. There is a unique intimacy that he has with his victims that he could not possibly have with anyone else, in that he sees his own monstrosity in these monsters he is killing. But also, he doesn't have to lie to (his victims). They're not going to tell anyone, because he's going to kill them and chop them up. So he is able to present them with an unmasked version of himself."

During his off-duty hours, Dexter spends much of his time with Rita (Julie Benz, Angel), a lovely, but exhausted young mother still nursing the psychic wounds from a terribly abusive former relationship. Because of that earlier trauma, Rita isn't eager to have sex, which makes her an ideal partner for the broken-inside Dexter.

"That's why it's relatively safe for Dexter to play out this relationship," Hall says. "Dexter has committed to setting things up for himself in terms of the person he is presenting to the world that will enable him to give the impression of normalcy. It's only when those things are threatened or begin to fall apart that he will more fully experience his real connection to them.

"I don't want to give away what's going to happen, but if you play-act an emotion or cultivate a persona for long enough - and Dexter is a guy in his 30s - the distinction between what is presented and what is authentic becomes blurred. That's another part of what's interesting about this character."

If Hall sounds psyched about his new role, he also looks strikingly different from the pasty-faced David Fisher, more robust and handsome. It's a transformation that startled Lindsay.

"He (looked) totally different on Six Feet Under," the writer says. "I wasn't convinced until I visited the set, and the first second of the first scene I saw him shooting, I went, 'Oh, my God. That's Dexter.' I mean, he absolutely nailed it. I ... had tried to imagine how I would portray the character if I was acting it, and I didn't know until I saw Michael doing it. He's terrific, he really is. He's all an author could hope for."

Not everyone's "cup of tea"

[i [u]think[/u] I prefer "SIX FEET UNDER"

BUT "DEXTER" is kind of (what I call)

"CREEPY GOOD!"]

f_michaelm_a5c3a11.jpg