Congratulations Gwen, Gavin, and Kingston!

mandilambi

I just got home from a long day of work and was glad to find a text from my sister saying that Gwen finally had the baby! It's a boy! This is taken from her website:

Kingston, Gwen and Gavin Rossdale welcomed the newest member of their family- Zuma Nesta Rock Rossdale - at 12:46 PST on August 21, 2008. The couple's second son, Zuma was born weighing 8.5 lbs. Mother, baby and family are all happy and healthy.

And in case you all are curious, Zuma is a beach in Malibu and Nesta is Bob Marley's real name...thus, they have continued on with the Jamaican/rasta influences. :)

Yay! I'm SO happy for them!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Awwwwwwwwwww I know i was just about to send u a message i just read it on PerezHilton ! It was funny cause my mom and I where talking about her during lunch and when she is going to give birth :naughty: I cant wait to see his baby !!! Kingstong is very handsome and cute its like my fav celebrity baby hands down ! I bet he is going to have lots of girlfriend in the future :P

Awwwwwwwwwww I know i was just about to send u a message i just read it on PerezHilton ! It was funny cause my mom and I where talking about her during lunch and when she is going to give birth :naughty: I cant wait to see his baby !!! Kingstong is very handsome and cute its like my fav celebrity baby hands down ! I bet he is going to have lots of girlfriend in the future :P

lol thanks for thinkin' of me. ;) I am sure he's going to be an adorable kid!

AWWW!

Congrats to them all!

I had no idea Gwen was that far along.

That's fantastic news, Zumas an interesting name.

The name has grown on me already!

I just got home from a long day of work and was glad to find a text from my sister saying that Gwen finally had the baby! It's a boy! This is taken from her website:

Kingston, Gwen and Gavin Rossdale welcomed the newest member of their family- Zuma Nesta Rock Rossdale - at 12:46 PST on August 21, 2008. The couple's second son, Zuma was born weighing 8.5 lbs. Mother, baby and family are all happy and healthy.

And in case you all are curious, Zuma is a beach in Malibu and Nesta is Bob Marley's real name...thus, they have continued on with the Jamaican/rasta influences. :)

Yay! I'm SO happy for them!

awwwwww great!!!

Just read this...thought I'd share.

Name Meanings-

Zuma is rare as a first or surname in the US. It comes from the name Zulema, of Arabic origin, and its meaning is “peace”. It sounds like Cyma, Syma, Sima, Cima and Soma. Other similar baby names are Zuba, Yuma and Zulma.

Nesta is pronounced NESS-tah. It is of Welsh origin and avariant of Agnes. It means “pure and holy”.

Rock is a variant of Rocco (German and Italian origin). Actor Rock Hudson, who was originally named Roy Scherer, made the name famous. It means “rest”.

Other name trivia;

Zuma Rock (together) is a large monolith located in Nigeria. It is sometimes referred to as “Gateway to Abuja.”

As mentioned before Bob Marley’s birth name was Robert Nesta Marley. He also passed down ‘Nesta’ onto his son Ziggy Marley (real name David Nesta). Ziggy then went on to pass ‘Nesta’ down to his second son by naming him Gideon Robert Nesta.

• 2 weeks later...

I liked this article and thought I'd share it. How adorable that Kingston referred to Zuma as "my baby." :)

Taken from this week’s Us magazine, 9/8/2008, and gives us more details on the birth and who visited Gwen in the hospital.

“You ready to take your baby home?” Gwen Stefani asked her 2-year-old son, Kingston. The singer, in a long black robe and her hair in a ponytail, and husband Gavin Rossdale were rolling thier baby boy in a bassinet out of the nursery of L.A.’s Cedars-Sinai Medical Center August 24. Kingston seemed more than ready to assume his new role as big brother to Zuma Nesta Rock, who arrived three days earlier, referring to the newborn as “my baby.”

Planned Parenting

“It’s going to be insane when it comes,” Rossdale told Us in July of his son’s impending arrival. In the early hours of August 21, the married couple of six years checked into the L.A.’s hospital for Zuma’s scheduled caesarean birth, and Zuma was born at 12:46 P.M. (it may have seemed like deja vu: Kingston was also delivered at that hospital via C-section.) Family members couldn’t be more ecstatic. After hearing the news, Rossdale’s dad, Douglas, a London doctor, told Us, “It’s fantastic…Everyone is just so happy.” Postsurgery, Rossdale, 40, wearing dark blue scrubs and a huge smile, was seen walking with his wife’s ex-Yamaha marketing executive dad, Dennis Stefani, to the birthing suite. And during her stay, Stefani, 38, was visited by her mom, Patti, and older brother Eric, 41, a musician. Kingston also couldn’t contain his excitement. When Dad tried taking him home August 21, he cried, “I don’t want to sleep!”

Name Game

With thier latest name choice, it seems they are continuing to pay homage to music icon Bob Marley. The reggae rocker hailed from Kingston, Jamaica, and his middle name was Nesta. As for the baby’s first name, it may come from the Malibu beach where Rossdale was rumored to have had an epiphany that jump-started his career. The family returned to thier Beverly Hills home August 24, where Rossdale plans to make good on the promise he told Us in July: “I’m just trying to be there for my wife.”

Oh, well that's cool! My eldest sister was actually the person that got me into No Doubt. She bought Tragic Kingdom when it was released and then I always took her cd of it. haha :)

Your brother has good taste in music! ;) And Hey, Baby is a good song!

Stricken's an awesome song. I'd love to hear them perform it on the next tour. :) As for me...I've always had a tie between Sunday Morning and Bathwater. Can't beat those two songs in my book!

And as for Gwen....hmmm...probably What You Waiting For.