Who else is tired of Mika?

JackViolet

Should Mika do a videoblog on how he likes his tea?  

160 members have voted

1. 1. Should Mika do a videoblog on how he likes his tea?

• Yes, and he should use his birthday tea set!
    • Yes, and he should use the musical tea-cup Jack so thoughtfully gave him in Philadelphia
    • Yes, and he should have a tea party with his sisters and Andy
    • Yes, and he should do all of the above
    • No, because I hate all things Mika and tea-related.

• Replies 719
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:lmfao:

that made me laugh so hard... lol....

oh and jack.. i didnt want to offend you by asking WHY you went through the dumpster, and i was gonna ask if it was a habit of yours, but i didnt want to sound nasty. :naughty: phew. :roftl::thumb_yello:

i can't believe i searched all the stores in my neighborhood and NONE had any tea :crybaby:

...I really kind of want him to go away.

Well. Actually I've been listening to his music more lately. I haven't played LiCM in a while, and a few days ago I took it out of my CD pile and put it back in my car player, so I've been listening to it every day (I commute). It's good, and I like being able to listen to it again with fresh ears and find that I still love it. So, I'm not saying I'm tired of his music or anything.

But this blog thing, I just want him to shut up. Not entirely, but I find myself cringing when I see new posts on the blog thread, thinking, "oh geez, did he post another one already? I hope not." I go to Mikasounds, wait for it to load... and am filled with relief when I see that there's no new blog.

I like to have a little space! I want to discuss Mika-related stuff without his constant meddling and interruption. I can't handle having to keep up with his minutiae every day. I think a blog a week would be good, let us breathe a little!!

Also, I think he could benefit by being a little more selective about what he posts. He could at least try to be a little entertaining, to consider whether what he's writing will actually interest his audience. The videoblogs tend to accomplish this more than the text ones. I like the text ones a lot when they're done well, but not when it seems like they're there for the sake of filling up space, or because he had some random thought flitting through his mind for a second and happened to be near a laptop. For Pete's sake, Mika, I don't care that you got a comic book or a new toy unless you tell me something interesting enough about it to make me care.

Anyone with me? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

...I thought not. :naughty:

--Jack

I understand (kind of) but I think he's just trying to step down from the celebrity perch, and show he's a normal guy, sharing with us about a new toy, or swimming in the sea, or buying ice-cream... whatever.

I think we probably can't have it both ways, but what I'd like him to post about is when that DVD is likely to be released (because we thought it would be September) and also, when he gets back from his hols, to maybe give us an indication of how the album is coming along.

But there is no harm in him sending the odd random video, or writing something about what he's seen, or what interests him as a person. Most bloggers do that anyway.

whoa.

tea is almost my life.

without tea, i would be... so...

tealess.

yes... i only drink tea...(since i was 4, my mum still hates my dad for this....and when i complain that i'm not as tall as i wish she blames tea :roftl:) i don't like milk and i totally hate coffee.

oh and i don't like herbal/ fruity tea either. :yuck:

I understand (kind of) but I think he's just trying to step down from the celebrity perch, and show he's a normal guy, sharing with us about a new toy, or swimming in the sea, or buying ice-cream... whatever.

I think we probably can't have it both ways, but what I'd like him to post about is when that DVD is likely to be released (because we thought it would be September) and also, when he gets back from his hols, to maybe give us an indication of how the album is coming along.

But there is no harm in him sending the odd random video, or writing something about what he's seen, or what interests him as a person. Most bloggers do that anyway.

well... i really like his blogs and i like when he posts. i understand what jack meant...but i think that not all the celebs are sharing everything they like and find interesting so i appreciate what mika does for us.

and i desperately wish for a new blog :sad:

no. good honest tea (like bell or earl grey) is always best.

my dad is a coffee addict. i hate coffe. it smells (and tastes) GROSS.

gross isnt a gross enough word for coffee.

:roftl: agree!

my mum has some coffee from syria and it has something in it that makes it even more smellier :puke:

Yeah, and I like it when he does it sometimes, but other times it's so bloody boooooring! I am all "why are you bothering me with this? Why should I caaaaare?" :naughty: I am mean. :ap_rosetinted:

But everyone loves tea!

oh and jack.. i didnt want to offend you by asking WHY you went through the dumpster, and i was gonna ask if it was a habit of yours, but i didnt want to sound nasty. phew.

Actually, I don't really do it, but I have friends who DO go dumpster-diving a lot, and I think that's awesome. I want to do it myself, but I want a buddy to go with me. Did you know that supermarkets throw out perfectly edible unsold vegetables, bread, etc, at the end of each day? They wrap them in plastic too, so they're quite sanitary. Stores throw out lots of reusable things, and it's such a waste! Some people manage to live almost entirely on what they scavenge from dumpsters. I quite admire that. :thumb_yello:

--Jack

and think about it...if we listen too much we don't appreciate it for sure. I just would never get tired of him tho,,,I just don't like the time...oh I'm tired of it..,.like a relationship ...I'm tired of you , going to find someone else.,friends have done that to me often...like I am a toilet paper or something

excuse the bitterness tonight

:mf_rosetinted:

Well, you know, I don't think Jack can possibly be serious about this thread!:roftl:

But thanks Jack for the consideration to entertain us!:thumb_yello:

TEA BLOG TEA BLOG TEA BLOG TEA BLOG :mf_lustslow:

sorry i'm overreacting... i don't have any tea left and i have withdrawal symptoms. just reading the word tea makes me mad :roftl:

imagine when it's mika + tea + blog *stops bouncing* *starts bouncing again*

TEA BLOG TEA BLOG TEA BLOG TEA BLOG TEA BLOG

*goes back to pack*

yes... i only drink tea...(since i was 4, my mum still hates my dad for this....and when i complain that i'm not as tall as i wish she blames tea :roftl:) i don't like milk and i totally hate coffee.

oh and i don't like herbal/ fruity tea either. :yuck:

I think I've found a tea sister!:wub2:

I know exactly what you mean!

Well, you know, I don't think Jack can possibly be serious about this thread!:roftl:

I think I've found a tea sister!:wub2:

I know exactly what you mean!

:wub2: awww we should make a thread about tea-lovers.

hehe we can be tea sisters...i always wanted to have siblings anyway :naughty:

Actually I'm more serious than you'd think!

Although of course I want to entertain as well. :wink2: Leading the way by example, I consider the interests of my audience. :mf_rosetinted:

--Jack

TEA BLOG TEA BLOG TEA BLOG TEA BLOG :mf_lustslow:

Hahaha, that's adorable. :thumb_yello: See Mika, the people have spoken: they want to see you tea-blogging!!

(Not to be confused with tea-b--ging, which is something different altogether and let's pretend I never mentioned it.)

--Jack

Hahaha, that's adorable. :thumb_yello: See Mika, the people have spoken: they want to see you tea-blogging!!

(Not to be confused with tea-b--ging, which is something different altogether and let's pretend I never mentioned it.)

--Jack

:roftl:

i have to go now.see you on monday!

*checks time* *panics* *runs for train*

I'm with you Jack. I've been saying this from the very very beginning. He doesn't have to blog every single day, that's not how it works lol. I only posted twice on his blog and one of the comments said I would like him to post less and elaborate more when he does: when he posts a song, or a painting, why not tell us a little more about why it's so important for him, or what influence it had on him for example.

I have subscribed to different artists blogs on myspace and when i get a notification saying they posted stgh new, I always run to see what they wrote, and i'm never disappointed. When someone blogs everyday, it gets a tad boring, and in the long run, you don't really care anymore :(

Sorry, I'm enjoying them all. I'd rather a blog where some posts leave me cold but many provide wierd/random fun/interest, than have them all bland and focus-group-testedly crowd pleasing. And the more the merrier IMO- possibly because I've only felt the need to comment twice on MS and about the same on here. And possibly because I'm still a "honeymoon period" type fangurl.

Voted for "all of the above"

Aw, bless, no! :roftl: I was just kidding, because, how ungainly of a present is a single teacup, really? I wouldn't know what to do with one!

I have no idea what he did with it. Although I doubt he could ever find it again.

--Jack

Don't you read his text blogs carefully? :sneaky2:

Everything has been kept, organised and stored over the last two years! :thumb_yello:

He just has to go either to the JackViolet shelf or the mug shelf (don't know about their storage system, of course, if it's a random warehouse it'd better be automatic...)

:naughty:

--Jack

Don't ever make fun of tea!:boxed:

It's a serious matter!:roftl:

I'm with you Jack. I've been saying this from the very very beginning. He doesn't have to blog every single day, that's not how it works lol. I only posted twice on his blog and one of the comments said I would like him to post less and elaborate more when he does: when he posts a song, or a painting, why not tell us a little more about why it's so important for him, or what influence it had on him for example.

I have subscribed to different artists blogs on myspace and when i get a notification saying they posted stgh new, I always run to see what they wrote, and i'm never disappointed. When someone blogs everyday, it gets a tad boring, and in the long run, you don't really care anymore :(

Being a good singer and a songwriter doesn't atomatically makes you a good blogger.

I know what you mean, and of course I understand what Jack means too, (coldn't resist to make a little joke as usual though):wink2:

The only bloggers I'm interested to follow for any time longer is the ones who also are writers, maybe journalists and who understand the importance of regularity.

But I'm afraid, about Mr Curlys bloggs, I think this is as good as it gets.

And I think it's perfect if your intentions are just to have a look at Mika, the beautiful pop singer!:wink2:

I just want to see Mika do whatever he feels like doing. If he wants to post a lot of random crap because that's what takes his fancy, he can knock himself out. But if he's doing it because he is pressed for time but thinks quantity is essential to keeping people's attention, then I think he's mistaken. If that's the case he should use his limited time to make less frequent but more thoughtful entries.

I am 100% behind the tea blog. :thumb_yello:

this thread is amazing. irst i read the title, i was like - AGAIN someone who is over Mika posted snd asked everybody if they feel the same :boxed:

but no, this is great, i really have to say its true, cause when he posted video about new website i was SO excited, i watched it EVERY time when i came into MFC, now i watch every video blog twice, maybe 3 times, no more. and i want a new blog HOUR LATER.

to tell you the truth im a bit bored of those art blogs, i mean im interested about what he likes, but if almost everything is about artist he likes then where is something about HIMSELF ? i like Mika, and im reading his blogs. i mean i loved the thank you blog, it was great, about HIS feelings not about other artists feelings :huh:

Poor Mika, there's just no pleasing some people is there :blink::naughty:.

He doesn't blog, he gets criticised...he does blog (lots! :shocked:)..he gets criticised. What's a between-albums-popstar to do for the best???

I can see Jack's point actually, his style of blogging won't please everyone, but I for one enjoy Mika's minutiae. Personally I find I connect better with someone else's mind by reading the minutiae of their lives rather than overly didactic or thoughtful essays by them on weighty or obscure subjects. I would much rather read about what Mika had for lunch than what he thinks about Artist X or Musician Y, on the whole (although these things are obviously also good, in small doses).

It just comes down to what you enjoy reading...or writing yourself, maybe. There's no right or wrong in blogging styles.

My concern is that Mika won't be able to keep up this frantic info-sharing schedule once touring and promotion commitments come to the fore again..and that by overblogging (I like that word :bleh:) now he is inadvertently setting fans up for disappointment in the future. Not me..I'm over him :naughty::mf_rosetinted: but some people still do hang on his every word..

...I really kind of want him to go away.

But this blog thing, I just want him to shut up. Not entirely, but I find myself cringing when I see new posts on the blog thread, thinking, "oh geez, did he post another one already? I hope not." I go to Mikasounds, wait for it to load... and am filled with relief when I see that there's no new blog.

I like to have a little space! I want to discuss Mika-related stuff without his constant meddling and interruption. I can't handle having to keep up with his minutiae every day. I think a blog a week would be good, let us breathe a little!!

--Jack

Yes, yes, yes!

I do like his blogs, but I just can't keep up with them.

I have other things to do.

And all of this blogging only leads to people wanting more and more!

Quality, not quantity Mika.

Actually, maybe not, I am just as interested in ordinary day to day things as I am being "educated" about arty things by Mika. Well, more interested in ordinary things if I am being truthful.

If we have too many blogs, the whole forum just starts revolving around them and it gets boring.

Give us a break!