The Game

englishrose

...Anyone heard of it? Apparently it's become quite a big thing over here in England. My friend told me about it and...life will never be the same...

Some idiot invented it, trying to get the whole world in on it. It's working pretty well from what I've seen.

Basically, you lose The Game when you think about it. Whenever you lose The Game, i.e think about it, you MUST declare under all circumstances, 'I just lost The Game.'

After that, you have up to half an hour to forget about it.

If anyone around you asks what The Game is, you have to explain it to them.

So in effect, you're only ever winning the Game when you're not thinking about it...

It's a bit batty. I just wanted to see if anyone's heard of it/plays it.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...Anyone heard of it? Apparently it's become quite a big thing over here in England. My friend told me about it and...life will never be the same...

Some idiot invented it, trying to get the whole world in on it. It's working pretty well from what I've seen.

Basically, you lose The Game when you think about it. Whenever you lose The Game, i.e think about it, you MUST declare under all circumstances, 'I just lost The Game.'

After that, you have up to half an hour to forget about it.

If anyone around you asks what The Game is, you have to explain it to them.

So in effect, you're only ever winning the Game when you're not thinking about it...

It's a bit batty. I just wanted to see if anyone's heard of it/plays it.

o ive heard of it

last yr, u would hear ppl be like "----, i just lost the game" and they would reply "i hate you!. i lost the game"

o ive heard of it

last yr, u would hear ppl be like "----, i just lost the game" and they would reply "i hate you!. i lost the game"

Really? Wicked! I wondered if it had hit North America...yeah, that's it exactly. I'm kinda kicking myself for making this thread now, I'm gonna keep losing the Game every time I see it :rolls_eyes:

I just lost the gaaaaaaaaaaaaame!! :roftl:

I'm so pleased this's made its way onto the mfc :naughty: Me and a couple of my uni friends had been playing it for the best part of 4 years (students eh? :naughty:) but ever since graduation I hadn't thought of it at all!

i don't get it:no:

Sorry...I'm not very good at explaining things...I'd try again but I'd only be repeating myself! What exactly don't you get?

I just lost the gaaaaaaaaaaaaame!! :roftl:

I'm so pleased this's made its way onto the mfc :naughty: Me and a couple of my uni friends had been playing it for the best part of 4 years (students eh? :naughty:) but ever since graduation I hadn't thought of it at all!

Score! :kachinga:

Sorry...I'm not very good at explaining things...I'd try again but I'd only be repeating myself! What exactly don't you get?

Score! :kachinga:

mmmm?

the whole game:roftl:

i mean what's the game:blink:

mmmm?

the whole game:roftl:

i mean what's the game:blink:

The game is...just...the game...oh geez, I'm not very helpful, am I? :roftl: People just call it 'The Game', and if you think about it, you lose. It's a bit like being told not to think of a pink rhinoceros--you think about it even if you don't want to. If you lose the game, it doesn't mean you're 'out' or whatever--you just keep on playing. You're only winning the game when you're not thinking about it.

Whenever you think about the game, you have to declare that you've lost by saying 'I just lost the Game' out loud. After you lose, you have half an hour until you have to declare if you've lost again. So basically, in that half hour you can think about it all you like...

Does that make even a little bit more sense? I'm confusing myself here :roftl:

The game is...just...the game...oh geez, I'm not very helpful, am I? :roftl: People just call it 'The Game', and if you think about it, you lose. It's a bit like being told not to think of a pink rhinoceros--you think about it even if you don't want to. If you lose the game, it doesn't mean you're 'out' or whatever--you just keep on playing. You're only winning the game when you're not thinking about it.

Whenever you think about the game, you have to declare that you've lost by saying 'I just lost the Game' out loud. After you lose, you have half an hour until you have to declare if you've lost again. So basically, in that half hour you can think about it all you like...

Does that make even a little bit more sense? I'm confusing myself here :roftl:

oh ok i guess this time i got it:naughty:

so we are playing a non-existing game:blink:

i mean there is no game but we are pretending like there is one:lmao:

and if i think about the game which actually doesn't exist i lose, right?

I don't get it :emot-sad:

still?:blink:

hmm ok i guess there is a game but actually there is not a game at all but you have to forget this game and if you remember it you lose the game :roftl:

that's pretty much it:naughty:

still?:blink:

hmm ok i guess there is a game but actually there is not a game at all but you have to forget this game and if you remember it you lose the game :roftl:

that's pretty much it:naughty:

I get it now.

That's a stupid game :naughty: