Mika 'pulled Reading, Leeds performance'

guylainem123

i didn't see this posted anywhere yet... if it is.. can the mods do a magic trick and make it disappear? :wink2:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/a126950/mika-pulled-reading-leeds-performance.html

Popstar Mika was reportedly asked to perform at this year's Reading and Leeds Festival.

According to the singer's drummer Cherisse Osei, he pulled out of the rock event over fears he would be taunted by the crowd.

"If we'd played, we'd probably get bottled off," said Osei.

Acts at this year's festival included Rage Against The Machine, Metallica, Bullet For My Valentine and Queens Of The Stone Age.

Mika is currently working on the follow-up to 2007's Life In Cartoon Motion. It is expected to be released in early 2009.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Would that be bottled off in relation to the type of crowd they could expect because of the other acts....or bottled off because he isn't well liked in Reading/Leeds???:blink:

i would say it is because of the type of crowd the other groups attract...

funny how they quote cherisse this time

Well, Reading/Leeds was pretty hard&heavy this year. It wasn't necessarily the average Mikafan's taste :naughty:. I didnt like it and went home earlier *shrugs*. But I would have LOVED to see Mika there :wub2:. He should have played V this year; they had a FANTASTIC line up.

He could have replaced Slipknot though :lmfao:.

Yeh every headbanged to Grace Kelly? :roftl:

well, you've to admit most of the Reading/Leedsperformers are "sacred monsters" of music or confirmed really good players and prolific songwriters of rock music :meow:

btw @ the Fiberfib there was the craziest "alternative" lineup but it only happened that all the tribunes got emptied when Mika came out in the end..stop being paranoid u fool, very few love u and so u can't have many "mortal enemies" neither :rolleyes: accept some shadows...

btw, I don't worship LICM, I'm waiting for my feelings of Mr.M. geniality to be confirmed. Don't betray my trust in ya,meeks :kaf:

no pressure! :floor:

Greta everyone was deaf after My Bloody Valentine , it made no difference what Mika played

I think an issue "could" of existed with a real rock crowd to be honest , maybe they would of loved him , music crosses all boundaries , look at the range of musical tastes we have in here

mwahah :naughty:

Yeh every headbanged to Grace Kelly? :roftl:

Greta everyone was deaf after My Bloody Valentine , it made no difference what Mika played

I saw MBV at an actual full length concert... standing at the front..infront of a wall of speakers. Me and my boss and my supervisor went and we all had to go home from work early the next day because we kept having to shout at everyone. :blink: (I didn't know who the hell they were so I just tagged along as a ngiht out...wish I hadn't bothered now haha)

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=36824440

Isn';t that quote probably pulled out of an interview from last year? I'm sure there were about 3 festival related interviews where bottling was mentioned...

I saw MBV at an actual full length concert... standing at the front..infront of a wall of speakers. Me and my boss and my supervisor went and we all had to go home from work early the next day because we kept having to shout at everyone. :blink: (I didn't know who the hell they were so I just tagged along as a ngiht out...wish I hadn't bothered now haha)

http://myspacetv.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=36824440

Isn';t that quote probably pulled out of an interview from last year? I'm sure there were about 3 festival related interviews where bottling was mentioned...

Yes, that is what I think, I remember him saying it last year about some festival and I reckon they just used the quote now to make up some random nonsense..

And last year it wasn't Cherisse, but Mika saying it :roftl:

Sounds like news for news sake. I didn't see any mention at all of Mika going to any festival in this country this year, let alone Reading. And I have been looking, no rumours, nothing.

I agree!! I also think that the music that Mika makes doesn't fit wel in this kind of festival. But it's cool that they mentioned Cherisse this time.

(btw, I can't wait for the new album to release)

Sounds like news for news sake. I didn't see any mention at all of Mika going to any festival in this country this year, let alone Reading. And I have been looking, no rumours, nothing.

Agreed - I never even heard Mika's name mentioned when they were sorting out the potential line-up for Reading this year.

I think they made it all up :naughty:

Hmmmm ...bizarre!

It is the olde did she/didn't she actually say it....and to be honest with the line up this year he probably would have gotten bottled off...altho they would have to throw from afar as there would be quite a few MIKA fans making up the audience from the front back and none of them would be able to drink due to excitement so no bottles needed :roftl:

Maybe next year huh?

xx

Reading/Leeds are ROCK festivals, not POP festivals. That's why there is V and T in the Park and parts of Glastonbury.

I wouldn't think that Mika would feel at home there, like he said last year.

Reading/Leeds are ROCK festivals, not POP festivals. That's why there is V and T in the Park and parts of Glastonbury.

I wouldn't think that Mika would feel at home there, like he said last year.

Yes, exactly to all of it but epecially the last bit. :naughty:

btw @ the Fiberfib there was the craziest "alternative" lineup but it only happened that all the tribunes got emptied when Mika came out in the end..stop being paranoid u fool, very few love u and so u can't have many "mortal enemies" neither :rolleyes: accept some shadows...

btw, I don't worship LICM, I'm waiting for my feelings of Mr.M. geniality to be confirmed. Don't betray my trust in ya,meeks :kaf:

mwahah :naughty:

no pressure! :floor:

:floor:

mika likes the idea that some people *hate him*, when those people dont even care

This kinda makes me smile..:naughty: Weren't My Bloody Valentine in the Reading/Leeds line up this year? cause they could be a valid reason:bleh:

:roftl:

Absolutley!

Run,run,run as fast as you can!:naughty: