When...

...ugh

In the middle of practice, we were being lectured because everybody was moving and talking too much, so we had to be silent and still before we could go (we were already 15 min late getting out).

So were standing there and all the sudden....

"Maaaaaad! I can be brown I can be blue I can be....!"

the melodic tune of grace kelly comes blaring from my pocket. Apparently, even if your phone is on silent, if you get a text and then a call, it rings)

Of course everybody knows who it is because i'm the only person who would have that ring tone. I got glared at by the director *sigh*

Basically...

You know you're a Mika fan when you know what it feels like to have your mika ring tones go off at the most inappropriate of times.

I told my mother about when i got home and she laughed so hard she spit her drink halfway across the room. Oh lordy.

When...

...ugh

In the middle of practice, we were being lectured because everybody was moving and talking too much, so we had to be silent and still before we could go (we were already 15 min late getting out).

the melodic tune of grace kelly comes blaring from my pocket. Apparently, even if your phone is on silent, if you get a text and then a call, it rings)

Of course everybody knows who it is because i'm the only person who would have that ring tone. I got glared at by the director *sigh*

Basically...

You know you're a Mika fan when you know what it feels like to have your mika ring tones go off at the most inappropriate of times.

I told my mother about when i got home and she laughed so hard she spit her drink halfway across the room. Oh lordy.

hahaha i know that feeling!:roftl::roftl: last year during global during a VERY silent moment! when we had to read this article i think and i get a text and all of a sudden i here mikas laugh and me and my friends start hysterically laughing and i couldnt stop lol! :roftl::roftl:

Then you should write 'Mica', like in 'Mica Mica parva stella' :naughty:

HA!!! :roftl::roftl::roftl: great idea!!!!! That's Genius!

When...

...ugh

Basically...

I'm sorry!!! I don't even bring my phone to school anymore...

When you spam threads to get people to sign a petition so Mika will tour!

:fisch:

The Aussies, New Zealanders and Asians are joining forces to get Mika to tour here... Cause we deserve some Mika love too...

Can we count on you to help us out by signing our petition?

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16321

Cheers,

Nico

Come on... you had to know I was going to do it, right?

When you spam threads to get people to sign a petition so Mika will tour!

:fisch:

The Aussies, New Zealanders and Asians are joining forces to get Mika to tour here... Cause we deserve some Mika love too...

Can we count on you to help us out by signing our petition?

http://www.mikafanclub.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16321

Cheers,

Nico

Come on... you had to know I was going to do it, right?

:roftl:

I signed. :mf_rosetinted:

When...

...ugh

Basically...

i had the mika laugh ringtone on my phone and it went off during maths class :blush-anim-cl::blush-anim-cl::blush-anim-cl: i wanted to go die in a corner or just disapear :naughty:

It's finally time!

Recap...

This is meant to be a collection of the crazy things that mika fans do (there's a lot of them...) And so everybody knows they're not alone in their craziness...

It works a bit like this-

You know you're a Mika fan when...(Insert quirky ending here)

I'll add the good ones as we go, but i can't get all of them, so if you have a really awesome one that you think needs a spot on the first post pm it to me!

You know you're a Mika fan when...

-You say “brilliant” far too often

-You say "amazing" far too often

-The rest of the world seems quite monotone in color

-Lebanese men just got hotter

-You know that a Mika concert is worth traveling across the planet to see

-You get really excited just when your computer chooses to play Mika on shuffle

-You watch his french interviews all the way through even though you have absolutely no effing clue what he's saying

-Two words- Skinny jeans

-Your wardrobe looks like its been stuck in the wash with several rainbows

-You purposely order Diet Coke and pizza...please!

-Instead of saying "holy crap", you say "Holy Johnny"

-The fire alarm goes off during school and you grab you iPod and LICM before heading outside.

- The following sentence makes perfect sense:

"OMG Gray Skelly was awesome! Oh and FD agreed that HMDYLM was extra chickeny tonight."

-when your "MIKASA" volleyball has the "SA" crossed out in sharpie.

-Your car isn't called Ford Ka anymore, it became a MiKa

-Everyone thinks you're mad because you're looking after a tamagotchi at your 26th year

-You keep talking about Mika to random and often uninterested people

-You scribble Mika's name on every possible surface

-You've passed the Mika fever to at least on other person

-You are in the mall and try to search for someone who either is a MFCer or a mika fan so you talk especially loud about Mika to who ever you are with or sing mika songs when you walk by them and see if they turn.

-Your friends threaten to buy badges which say "If it starts with an 'M' and ends in an 'ika', then i don't want to hear about it."(psshhh, how ruuude....)

-You have a spot in your room dedicated to him

-Your friends tell you you have a dangerous obsession and you start singing

-You understand the irony in the statement above.

-Any second of the day you do not have access to the MFC you constantly

text back and forth w/ your MFC friends to keep track of what is going on

-The guy who works at starbucks knows you're a mika fan...

-you only have one CD in you car: Life in Cartoon Motion.

-No man appeals to you unless they've got curly hair.

-You curl your boyfriend's hair under the pretense "just for fun" but snap a picture of his curly-haired self and look at it longingly in secret

-You are so totally crazy obsessed with him that instead of giving up something simple like chocolate for Lent you give up saying, spelling, and writing his name.

-You're afraid you'll never find anybody as amazing as mika

-When the MFC is down, you're about to have a panic attack.

-When you see something in a store, you're like:"That is very Mikaish."

-You write down "you know you are a mika fan when..." phrases throughout the day so you remember to put them on MFC

-You start saying the word "Delicious" because that is what Mika said about the gig in Chicago

-You open your chem notebook to see the top of every page of notes covered with doodles from the cover of LICM

-Instead of typing your boyfriend's name is "Mike", you type "Mika"-- No wonder it didn't work out...

-Your computer runs so frickin slow because it's filled to capacity with Mika pictures

-When you keep insisting for your friends to play mika's songs on their piano or keyboard just for you

-When you yourself play piano or keyboard for hours annoying everyone around just because you are trying to play grace kelly which is absolutely technically impossible when you basically dont play piano,lol

-You bark with him on a certain demo song (haha but wheres the meow?!)

-You try to make the same bracelets as LadyGodiva (aww)

-You’ve developed strange cravings for tea…

-Chapstick smudge on the computer screen…

-You have to take a picture of certain food *coughchickencough* items on menus

-Your family members have Grace Kelly and Love Today stuck in the heads at 3:00 in the morning as a result of your non-stop singing/ blasting of his music.

After reading this ,and thinking about every one of those points,I seem not to be a Mika fan

Some apply,the majority doesn't though

• 3 weeks later...

The most particularly embarrassing incident for me was with my aunt when she came around for the day. She'd never heard of Mika OR Grace Kelly which is a disgrace so I played her some bits from the LiveICM DVD and I was yakking on about Mika and how talented he was and how he wrote all his own songs and designed the artwork etc. She said "wow, he's so fresh and oozing with talent,"

And I thought that it was awesome she liked him too and then later she started going on in front of everyone and REALLY embarrassing me. This is what she said:

"Charli is really into that singer Mika. Charli, do you have a giant poster of him in your room? I bet you like lying in your bed looking at him at night." I started to go really red (I don’t have a Mika poster but I would like one.) and she didn't stop: "There's no shame in being so in love with a pop star like that. He's especially cute you know. It's OK if you love him with all your heart and want to marry him." I really wanted to curl up and die somewhere but it didn’t stop: "Have you seen all the artwork Charli has done? She's drawn 20 pictures of him and gone over them in painstaking detail. They're good but it must be unhealthy to obsess over someone like that. She really needs to develop some other interests." By this stage my whole family, cousins and aunts and uncles and grandparents and all, were laughing at me. My grandmother was CONCERNED about me. Oh God. I took her into my room and showed her my Mika artwork, which consists of about 20, and my other artwork, which is about 100+. She was relieved and growled at my aunt: "I fainted when I saw Elvis Presley and you were a whole lot worse for Donny Osmond."

Edited by racinghorse83

The most particularly embarrassing incident for me was with my aunt when she came around for the day. She'd never heard of Mika OR Grace Kelly which is a disgrace so I played her some bits from the LiveICM DVD and I was yakking on about Mika and how talented he was and how he wrote all his own songs and designed the artwork etc. She said "wow, he's so fresh and oozing with talent,"

And I thought that it was awesome she liked him too and then later she started going on in front of everyone and REALLY embarrassing me. This is what she said:

"Charlotte is really into that singer Mika. Charlotte, do you have a giant poster of him in your room? I bet you like lying in your bed looking at him at night." I started to go really red (I don’t have a Mika poster but I would like one.) and she didn't stop: "There's no shame in being so in love with a pop star like that. He's especially cute you know. It's OK if you love him with all your heart and want to marry him." I really wanted to curl up and die somewhere but it didn’t stop: "Have you seen all the artwork Charlotte has done? She's drawn 20 pictures of him and gone over them in painstaking detail. They're good but it must be unhealthy to obsess over someone like that. She really needs to develop some other interests." By this stage my whole family, cousins and aunts and uncles and grandparents and all, were laughing at me. My grandmother was CONCERNED about me. Oh God. I took her into my room and showed her my Mika artwork, which consists of about 20, and my other artwork, which is about 100+. She was relieved and growled at my aunt: "I fainted when I saw Elvis Presley and you were a whole lot worse for Donny Osmond."

haha my sister did that infront of saranayde :shocked::roftl::roftl::roftl: i thought i was going to melt hahaha the convo went like this:

me:hi saranayde:blush-anim-cl:

sara:hi!

sister:my little sister is a HUGE mika fan, she flew all the way from the us for these shows and we have been waiting since 7 am for the show, SHE EVEN HAS A MIKA SHRINE IN HER ROOM!!!!!!

sara: awwwwwwwww thats cute!

at least she was being nice about it but it was mortifyingly embarassing! hahaha

o and a while back i was in my car and gk was playing in the car because it was in the cd player thing and my dad asked y does he say cachinga? and before i could even answer my mom butted in and said because he loves money and i got all mad because its really about the recording companies that want money and i was getting mad at my parents and then my dad says calm down you act like you two are boyfriend and girlfriend and coming from my dad THAT IS EMBARASSING TO NO END LOL!!!!!!!

and then my dad was going on my computer and i was lying on my bed and he asks me why are there so many smudge marks on your computer....they look like lip smudges:boxed::boxed:

"Charlotte is really into that singer Mika. Charlotte, do you have a giant poster of him in your room? I bet you like lying in your bed looking at him at night." I started to go really red (I don’t have a Mika poster but I would like one.) and she didn't stop: "There's no shame in being so in love with a pop star like that. He's especially cute you know. It's OK if you love him with all your heart and want to marry him." I really wanted to curl up and die somewhere but it didn’t stop: "Have you seen all the artwork Charlotte has done? She's drawn 20 pictures of him and gone over them in painstaking detail. They're good but it must be unhealthy to obsess over someone like that. She really needs to develop some other interests." By this stage my whole family, cousins and aunts and uncles and grandparents and all, were laughing at me. My grandmother was CONCERNED about me. Oh God. I took her into my room and showed her my Mika artwork, which consists of about 20, and my other artwork, which is about 100+. She was relieved and growled at my aunt: "I fainted when I saw Elvis Presley and you were a whole lot worse for Donny Osmond."

Wow!:shocked:

Kudus to your grand mother who seems to be a person with a common sense.

But your aunt:poke:….what’s the matter with her?

Has she never been young herself?:naughty:

and then my dad was going on my computer and i was lying on my bed and he asks me why are there so many smudge marks on your computer....they look like lip smudges:boxed::boxed:

And what have we learned from this boys and girls?

---Always keep a rag close to your computer---!:thumb_yello::naughty:

But seriously, I really hate it when someone, dad, sister, mum, friend, whatever starts to talk about you as if you weren't there, and is exposing things about you that you thought was safe with them. It’s not only a matter of bad manners, it’s rude!:thumbdown:

It seems to me that your aunt really fell for him when she actually saw him on the DVD. because the lady doth protest too much!!!