Vote for Mika on the EMAs!

guapo!

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, but I refuse to vote... I chose not to cause he won't tour Oz, but obviously he doesn't care about my little demonstration :naughty:...

Any chance people might like to put their names down for this petition?

PLEASE?????????

I'm English, but I've signed the petition in support of the Aussie fans.

• 2 weeks later...

ok, lets be serious, whats the story? obviously they dont like him and they dont want him to win, he is nominated in the best act ever( with the beatles, nirvana and the rolling stone) and he is not nominated in the best act of 2008 with people he could easily win against plus he is not even in the most addictive song, fan or not, something is wrong.really.

yes

if he did not win last year that he deserved best album, best solo artist and most addictive track and also he performed there the best live song of the entire EMA show in Munich...

it is almost impossible he will win something this year :no:

and maybe it is better not to win

no distractions... just recording :cool:

ok, lets be serious, whats the story? obviously they dont like him and they dont want him to win, he is nominated in the best act ever( with the beatles, nirvana and the rolling stone) and he is not nominated in the best act of 2008 with people he could easily win against plus he is not even in the most addictive song, fan or not, something is wrong.really.

agree! i though about that too...

i mean the stones... with shine a light...meeks can't compete with them.. though he has a lot of background and a lot of artistic stuff on his shows and he gives 100% on stage. but people are more likely to vote for the stones or nirvana...beatles and so on than for meeks just because they have a history and a bigger name...i don't know if i made my point there. i do believe mika deserves a prize especially for the Parc de Princes show (i didn't see it but i know the amount of work and devotion he put in).

i'm still voting but i think his chances of winning on this category are very low.

yeah plus come on, people who are going to vote, probably never saw the beatles etc. they will only vote for a legend they like the story of, for a name.

i never saw the beatles for instance but i saw mika and many of the bands who are nominated in best act of 2008 and he honestly is much better than them, in festivals he is really good everyone here knows it, even people who make a bit fun about him all end dancing and singing, i think its a good proof.

there is probably more to it. maybe he said evil stuff about the EMAs before and now he is paying it back.something in that vein.

It's true, it's gonna be hard to win against these legends but we have to believe in!! And we have to continue to vote to gather all our chances!! Today, I have voted around 100 times (this site is not practised to vote several times....) :)

oops.. i didn't vote for some time now... but will do shortly... i need to give him 200 votes :bleh:

yeah plus come on, people who are going to vote, probably never saw the beatles etc. they will only vote for a legend they like the story of, for a name.

i never saw the beatles for instance but i saw mika and many of the bands who are nominated in best act of 2008 and he honestly is much better than them, in festivals he is really good everyone here knows it, even people who make a bit fun about him all end dancing and singing, i think its a good proof.

there is probably more to it. maybe he said evil stuff about the EMAs before and now he is paying it back.something in that vein.

if they're trying to "punish" mika for the stuff he said about the EMAs then they're just going to prove that he was right and they are crap :roftl::thumbdown:

oops.. i didn't vote for some time now... but will do shortly... i need to give him 200 votes :bleh:

if they're trying to "punish" mika for the stuff he said about the EMAs then they're just going to prove that he was right and they are crap :roftl::thumbdown:

Hummm I'm out or I'm a fool! What did he said about the EMAs? :blink:

Hummm I'm out or I'm a fool! What did he said about the EMAs? :blink:

couldn't say it word by word but i know he said something like these awards aren't really important 'cus they don't reflect the truth from today's music...

i guess... but correct me if i'm wrong :blink:

couldn't say it word by word but i know he said something like these awards aren't really important 'cus they don't reflect the truth from today's music...

i guess... but correct me if i'm wrong :blink:

I don't know that! :naughty: Well he's right when you look at some of the nominees.... but where have you known that?

I don't know that! :naughty: Well he's right when you look at some of the nominees.... but where have you known that?

yeap...right..:wink2:

i read it somewhere a long time ago i don't remember where or if it was a video. but it was really at the beginning when my obsession started. and after finding out about what he said i thought "this guy has brains :naughty:finally something good in pop music" :bleh:

maybe someone here has a link and can help us out.

I had these thoughts . . .

BUT

there IS provision to nominate ANYONE

in ANY of the categories

AND

wouldn't it be swell to surprise the H-LL out of 'EM

for the "BEST ACT EVER" CATEGORY--

or, at least make it to the top 5 for official nomination?

Repeated voting is a good strategy!

I had these thoughts . . .

BUT

there IS provision to nominate ANYONE

in ANY of the categories

AND

wouldn't it be swell to surprise the H-LL out of 'EM

for the "BEST ACT EVER" CATEGORY--

or, at least make it to the top 5 for official nomination?

Repeated voting is a good strategy!

That's right! We can nominate Mika in catagories he isn't included in, like the Act of 2008 one, or Headliner, or Most addictive Track.

But I agree, they probably don't want Mika to win, so let's try our best to make sure he DOES.

• 2 weeks later...
Ive just been on the EMA website and looked at the catagories , i dont see mika in any of the shortlists ? Is he not up for an award this year then? :boxed: ... gosh he was up for around 3 last year :blink::(

He's in the Best Act Ever list, but can be nominated for other lists in the box underneath! That's what I've been doing, as well as voting in Beat Act Ever. But with that one, even to make the top 5 at this stage in his career would be a victory! He stands more chance if we can get him into some of the other catagories.

He's in the Best Act Ever list, but can be nominated for other lists in the box underneath! That's what I've been doing, as well as voting in Beat Act Ever. But with that one, even to make the top 5 at this stage in his career would be a victory! He stands more chance if we can get him into some of the other catagories.

ahhhhh , ok thanks got ya ! i just went on the perez hilton website and saw the catagories , but didnt see mika so i thought he had gone from the lists :naughty:, i havent voted yet , but i will :thumb_yello: .... best act ever ... :blink: hes up against nirvana and rolling stones :shocked: what a silly catagory to put him in ! :thumbdown: i agree he at least deserves to be in another catagory , i shall nominate him for that too ...

ahhhhh , ok thanks got ya ! i just went on the perez hilton website and saw the catagories , but didnt see mika so i thought he had gone from the lists :naughty.:, i havent voted yet , but i will :thumb_yello: .... best act ever ... :blink: hes up against nirvana and rolling stones :shocked: what a silly catagory to put him in ! :thumbdown: i agree he at least deserves to be in another catagory , i shall nominate him for that too ...

Yeah it's really weird :blink::boxed: Hope he can make it in other categories and hopefully win :biggrin2: