Vote for Mika on the EMAs!

guapo!

MTV-EMA "BEST ACT EVER" NOMINATIONS ANNOUNCED!

#1 Britney Spears

#2 Christina Aguilera

#3 Green Day

#4 Rick Astley

#5 Tokio Hotel

#6 U2

So, there you have it!

---------------

The categories listed were:

Album Of The Year

Headliner (Most impressive live band of the year at a festival or on tour)

Most Addictive Track (Favourite track of the year)

Best Act Ever (The act – new, established or legendary - that fans love the most)

New Act (Best debut by a new artist in 2008)

Act of 2008 (Best act of 2008)

Ultimate Urban (Favourite R&B or Hip Hop act)

Rock Out (Favourite Rock or Alternative Act)

Regional Award (Local artist as voted by MTV viewers in each territory)

Europe’s Favourite (The finalists from Best Regional Award go head to head)

Video Star (Decided by MTV)

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MTV-EMA "BEST ACT EVER" NOMINATIONS-ANNOUNCED!

#1 Britney Spears

#2 Christina Aguilera

#3 Green Day

#4 Rick Astley

#5 Tokio Hotel

#6 U2

---------------

Album Of The Year

Best Act Ever (The act – new, established or legendary - that fans love the most)

What??!!! :shocked::boxed: Britney Spears?! :blink:

What??!!! :shocked::boxed: I mean I lost hope that Mika would be there but that's because of other nominees not those ones!!! :thumbdown:

But it's good that U2 and Green Day is there to balance things a bit..

Well, makes me a little bit sad . . . .

mikaupclose.jpg

MTV-EMA "BEST ACT EVER" NOMINATIONS ANNOUNCED!

#1 Britney Spears

#2 Christina Aguilera

#3 Green Day

#4 Rick Astley

#5 Tokio Hotel

#6 U2

So, there you have it!

---------------

Album Of The Year

I knew TH will be on that list . And will probably win !

But... GOD ! It's an offense to the music ! I mean... ALL THAT **** ? :shocked:

No Beatles, no Oasis, no Mika ?!

Best act ever :thumbdown:

At least there is Green Day and U2 (I dont like U2 but they are good musicians)

I knew TH will be on that list . And will probably win !

But... GOD ! It's an offense to the music ! I mean... ALL THAT **** ? :shocked:

No Beatles, no Oasis, no Mika ?!

Best act ever :thumbdown:

At least there is Green Day and U2 (I dont like U2 but they are good musicians)

I think that too! Rick Astley had a moment in the eighties, but nothing since. Britney Spears... I think I heard one time, that she mimes on stage. To be honest I don't see this catagory being very popular. I mean, even without Mika, you have to ask yourselves... where are

Abba, The Bee Gees, The Beatles, Elvis Presley, Michael Jackson, Madonna, Kylie, The Rolling Stones, Queen, The Beach Boys.

Any five of those would have got my vote. But I'm afraid, U2 is the only one of the ones who are actually up, that I think should be there. I've said before that it would have been a hard catagory for Mika to win at this stage of his career, but he totally deserved to be up against those people actually nominated!

We should give Mika a Best Act Ever award from the fan club!

I think that too! Rick Astley had a moment in the eighties, but nothing since. Britney Spears... I think I heard one time, that she mimes on stage. To be honest I don't see this catagory being very popular. I mean, even without Mika, you have to ask yourselves... where are

Abba, The Bee Gees, The Beatles, Elvis Presley, Michael Jackson, Madonna, Kylie, The Rolling Stones, Queen, The Beach Boys.

Any five of those would have got my vote. But I'm afraid, U2 is the only one of the ones who are actually up, that I think should be there. I've said before that it would have been a hard catagory for Mika to win at this stage of his career, but he totally deserved to be up against those people actually nominated!

We should give Mika a Best Act Ever award from the fan club!

That's exectly what I was thinking! The whole thing is really weird :thumbdown:

That's exectly what I was thinking! The whole thing is really weird :thumbdown:

I read on Yahoo that they think Rick Astley is up, because of some joke on YouTube that backfired. It was something like, people could go to hear what they thought was new music, and it was really old Rick Astley stuff. But Yahoo said that this made Rick Astley popular again, even though he's done nothing for years.

I've started to really hate the awards where fans can vote multiple times. Someone good with a computer can do stuff to multiply the votes, so it's not about, which act is the best, it's about, who's fans are best at cheating. We all remember the Avril Lavigne fiasco last year, and it turned out her fans cheated.

But Mika got Songwiter of the Year at the Ivors. I'll remember that award most of all!

I read on Yahoo that they think Rick Astley is up, because of some joke on YouTube that backfired. It was something like, people could go to hear what they thought was new music, and it was really old Rick Astley stuff. But Yahoo said that this made Rick Astley popular again, even though he's done nothing for years.

I've started to really hate the awards where fans can vote multiple times. Someone good with a computer can do stuff to multiply the votes, so it's not about, which act is the best, it's about, who's fans are best at cheating. We all remember the Avril Lavigne fiasco last year, and it turned out her fans cheated.

But Mika got Songwiter of the Year at the Ivors. I'll remember that award most of all!

1208853494480da3f67e42f.jpg

jzd7ic.jpg

japan.jpg

Oh yes indeed about the Ivors! And he himself was SO happy when he got it :biggrin2:

Well it wasn't about votes from fans, it was kudos from the industry. I was really glad it hadn't been down to the fans. Also, the World Music Awards were about the sales of his work. He sold the most, so he won the most. I'm sure he was really thrilled about those awards as well.

Totally agree with you Marilyn, it's time the industry put a stop to these vote-as-many-times-as-is-humanly/inhumanly-possible-on-the-internet type awards and categories, it's got beyond a joke now. I mean...Rick Astley!!!! :lmfao: Great voice and all, and he had his moment..but what a joke. And all because of that silly rick rolling thing (yes, I was 'had' by it on one occasion :blush-anim-cl:, here on MFC of all places!!!).

I remember last year, the Record Of The Year vote thing, I voted till my fingers bled to try to make Grace Kelly win so I have been as guilty as anyone in the past of supporting such polls but now I see them for what they actually are...completely worthless, and not really valued by the artists concerned.

Much much better to get an Ivor, a Mercury Prize, or an award for sales, or even a Brit (to a lesser extent).

Better still, let's not bother with awards at all and just enjoy the music!

:bleh::thumb_yello:

Totally agree with you Marilyn, it's time the industry put a stop to these vote-as-many-times-as-is-humanly/inhumanly-possible-on-the-internet type awards and categories, it's got beyond a joke now. I mean...Rick Astley!!!! :lmfao: Great voice and all, and he had his moment..but what a joke. And all because of that silly rick rolling thing (yes, I was 'had' by it on one occasion :blush-anim-cl:, here on MFC of all places!!!).

I remember last year, the Record Of The Year vote thing, I voted till my fingers bled to try to make Grace Kelly win so I have been as guilty as anyone in the past of supporting such polls but now I see them for what they actually are...completely worthless, and not really valued by the artists concerned.

Much much better to get an Ivor, a Mercury Prize, or an award for sales, or even a Brit (to a lesser extent).

I saw it too--

http://www.mtv.co.uk/channel/mtvuk/news/449876-the-rick-astley-debate

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rickroll

That was so weird last year, with the ROTY. How we kept catching up, and then Leona Lewis would jump ahead by about five points! I was sure someone was doing something they shouldn't. I know Perez is hosting the EMAs this year, but I'm afraid I'll be giving it a miss. I honestly can't be bothered watching it on TV!

I wish Perez good luck hosting it though. He'll probably need it!

That was so weird last year, with the ROTY. How we kept catching up, and then Leona Lewis would jump ahead by about five points! I was sure someone was doing something they shouldn't. I know Perez is hosting the EMAs this year, but I'm afraid I'll be giving it a miss. I honestly can't be bothered watching it on TV!

I wish Perez good luck hosting it though. He'll probably need it!

Perez is hosting it? I didn't know that. I haven't been keeping up on here lately at all...:blush-anim-cl: I might watch it just for that! See if he can go a whole show without mentioning Mika :naughty:

And Alice...I daredn't click on your links, you were going to rickroll me weren't you :lmao: naughty :wink:

WELL what a night this may be, Katy Perry announced on her blog that SHE is hosting.

Perez is hosting a digital thing for them.

Soooooooooo should be a fun night with their fave friend Mika.

That's really strange, two of Mika's friends involved in presenting! I wonder if he'll go there with two of his friends involved?

I might watch it after all, but I still think it's a big joke.