The Vegetarian Thread!

MIKA_OBESSED

Hi everyone!

This is the vegetarian thread obviously lol.I've only been a veggie for 3 or 4 months but I'm very commited to it.

Well this is where us veggie's can talk and...stuff lol. :naughty:

PM me if you wanna be a member. :-)

Veggie #1: MIKA_OBESSED

Veggie #2: xhurtfulpurplex

Veggie #3: Lollipop Love

Veggie #4: ArachnidKid

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not exactly vegetarian, cause I do eat poultry and seafood but I cut off all meat (any meat from mammals) about 5 years ago. I consider myself lucky because despite my family eats meat they have been really supportive and the first months I used to forget about the "no meat lifestyle" but they reminded me and bought all this vegetarian food. It's true what someone said about not missing meat because all of this time I have only craved meat 2-3 times back when I had just started, right now the thought, sight or smell of meat makes me nauseous so I don't think I'll ever eat meat again. If you eat properly you really don't need the meat anyways ...

I am a former vegitarian, and if I keep reading what they feed the cows and pigs I may be one again and mother to a vegatarian (who started the thread)

I would eat veggies and beans for a while till your taste buds gets use to not eating meat then try veggie "meats".

If you try veggie bacon the day after having real bacon you'll taste and feel the difference and that goes for the garden burgers, veggie burgers, smart dogs.

The texture is different so before jumping into fake meat and being disappointed avoid it for a couple of weeks.

Buy a box at a time, instead of 5 boxes and then not like them, that sucks.

Also try different brands.

I like the "chicken" pattys by Boco not so much by Morning Star.

Don't get discouraged.

I'm also a Veggie:wink2: I didn't eat meat since three years now, and I don't miss it at all! I don't want to eat animals, that's why I stopped eating meat. I'm very happy with that, I never feel like I want meat. There is so many good replacement stuff, it makes you forget that meat even exists:thumb_yello:

I don't know if they have these all around the world, but Morningstar makes these "burgers" called "Grillers Prime." They come in a green box and the label is red. I'm out of them otherwise I'd have a better description lol. But anyway they are AMAZING. The texture is perfect and they taste like they've just come off the grill, even if you put them in the Microwave!

Ive been veggie for over a year, I love it.

Tips??

--Hide all the meat in the house/flat/wherever you live :naughty:

--Have Quorn or another substitue to meat

--Hang out in this thread.

cool thanks! :bleh:

I am a former vegitarian, and if I keep reading what they feed the cows and pigs I may be one again and mother to a vegatarian (who started the thread)

I would eat veggies and beans for a while till your taste buds gets use to not eating meat then try veggie "meats".

If you try veggie bacon the day after having real bacon you'll taste and feel the difference and that goes for the garden burgers, veggie burgers, smart dogs.

The texture is different so before jumping into fake meat and being disappointed avoid it for a couple of weeks.

Buy a box at a time, instead of 5 boxes and then not like them, that sucks.

Also try different brands.

I like the "chicken" pattys by Boco not so much by Morning Star.

Don't get discouraged.

ok, thanks for the tip! :wink2:

I don't know if they have these all around the world, but Morningstar makes these "burgers" called "Grillers Prime." They come in a green box and the label is red. I'm out of them otherwise I'd have a better description lol. But anyway they are AMAZING. The texture is perfect and they taste like they've just come off the grill, even if you put them in the Microwave!

I'll look for those thanks :wink2:

how can u guys not want meat every now and then?!? i love it! specially bacon and ham :blush-anim-cl: how do u do it?

I don't know...you just learn to live without it. Then again, I cheat every Saturday when I have chicken nuggets :emot-sad:

I don't know...you just learn to live without it. Then again, I cheat every Saturday when I have chicken nuggets :emot-sad:

haha why every saturday?

o my sister calls her self a vegatarian all the time

but she makes

Tuna

Sushi

other fish/crustation

chicken

hamburgers

ham

bacon

.... lol

haha why every saturday?

o my sister calls her self a vegatarian all the time

but she makes

Tuna

Sushi

other fish/crustation

chicken

hamburgers

ham

bacon

.... lol

I don't know why....it's just some weird "diet" I made up for myself. It was a really random decision :naughty: But I've stuck to it.