Any atheists ?

Pam Travers

I get what you're trying to say but that doesn't mean I agree with you necessarily.

Sure politics and religion are touchy subjects but that doesn't mean we should avoid discussing them simply because people might take offense.

It's all about respect, we don't all have to agree as long as we can acknowledge and accept the fact that we have opinions that differ.

I think when we stop discussing things, the world will be doomed.

Also, this thread was not meant to discuss atheism in. It was meant as a way to find likeminded people, not as a "which is the best way of life" sorta thing.

That is very true! When issues are discussed with respect it is awesome and great..... but, when issues are discussed without respect with narrow-minded strong opinionated *my way is the right way, and the only way and I don't care to hear what you have to say cause you are wrong and I am right and your opinion dosen't matter* kinda way then it is u g l y .......

I think that everyone who is in this thread RIGHT NOW -- is very respectful.... but, that may not be so true tomorrow......

• Replies 538
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Stop stirring **** or I'll ban you. :sneaky2:

Oh... REALLY?

I aint scared!

Come here and fight...

:starwars:

*rshhhh... Luke... I am your father*

And now, Slavaniet is gonna give me at least 10 points because I managed to place them both in a single thread, in less then 10' :mf_rosetinted: And this, again, is a private joke.

*rshhhh... Luke... I am your father*

And now, Slavaniet is gonna give me at least 10 points because I managed to place them both in a single thread, in less then 10' :mf_rosetinted: And this, again, is a private joke.

You just will have 8.. or 9... but not 10, that's really too much. Hope you don't mind :naughty:

I actually dont know what i am ... i think im a little in between both , because no matter what the truth is about god/or a lack of , there is always 2 sides to the coin , in my personal opinion of what came first -- the chicken or the Egg. So im open to interpretation , which will be based on my own knowledge and personal experiences in my life. Personally i see that any type of religion is either based on facts OR wanting to believe , and its all down to opinions based on experiences or theoretical knowledge within a persons life.

No i dont think its fair for people come in a thread and try to change someones opinion/religion based on thier own , for example , were always saying everyone is entitled to thier own opinion on this fanclub when relating to mika , well its the same with religion. However , i dont think people MEANT to do that as an intention , and its a shame different religions/beliefs cant come together and listen to each others own interpretation without being sent to different threads like when people chat about mika. I personally believe in total open mindedness and peoples opinions , maybe if this was done more in the world there wouldnt be so many holy wars.

The Chicken and the egg theory can make me SOMEWHAT atheist , because its something noone and myself will ever know and all religions are in that same boat, whether that be chrisian , roman catholic , atheist whatever. However there is another side to me that DOES believe that there is SOMETHING greater (i dont know what and neither will anyone) but based on personal experiences in my life that have been spiritual , i do believe to a certain extent. For some people it can be classed as a therapy to believe that there is something "better" out there , especially for people who may have had a hard time in life, but that to me doesnt mean peoples opinions should be changed no matter what side of the coin. So maybe i am Half atheist , because all religion to me is just an 'opinion' as there are no facts. But its also nice to believe and it can be considered somewhat a comfort , whereas some people may be comfortable not believing ... i dunno , im just going to live my life believing in what 'I' find to be true , ill soon find out in 50 or so years time whether worms will JUST eat me in the ground OR if i theres a part of my energy that will live on ... im an inbetween-y , actually what the heck am i ?? :roftl: Meh lifes to short anyway , im just gonna live it while im here :naughty::thumb_yello:

That was just my opinion by the way , i respect everyones beliefs :thumb_yello:

:wub2: :wub2: :wub2:

COMPLETELY agree. I mean i'm not a devout christian and going to a christian camp, and being told my beliefs were wrong, utterly felt like crap. I dont care if my beliefs were mainly based on a book/ movie, it's what I believe, and being told i'm wrong,sucked.

Sometimes when I go into a philosophical mind I really don’t know what to think so maybe I should count myself more as an agnostic.:blush-anim-cl:

I think I'm an agnostic myself. Although I'm baptized and confirm. I'm even a godmother :blink: I go to church only to visit them (I like architecture :bleh:) or for special occasions (funeral, weddings, etc) but just don't believe.

That is very true! When issues are discussed with respect it is awesome and great..... but, when issues are discussed without respect with narrow-minded strong opinionated *my way is the right way, and the only way and I don't care to hear what you have to say cause you are wrong and I am right and your opinion dosen't matter* kinda way then it is u g l y .......

I think that everyone who is in this thread RIGHT NOW -- is very respectful.... but, that may not be so true tomorrow......

ve ahh ahl vehry respectfahl. But people vill come tomahrrow, and be ahl "Oh no, she did-n't!" to us...:thumbdown:

:lmfao: You're so brave...........:wub2:

I'm not brave at all......

it all comes down to ---------------------

my opinion is JUST as important and valid as anyone else's.... and if you can speak your mind, then BY GEORGE I am going to speak mine :mf_rosetinted:

:wub2: :wub2: :wub2:

COMPLETELY agree. I mean i'm not a devout christian and going to a christian camp, and being told my beliefs were wrong, utterly felt like crap. I dont care if my beliefs were mainly based on a book/ movie, it's what I believe, and being told i'm wrong,sucked.

That was exactly my point :thumb_yello: its all personal opinion , im glad you agreed :wub2::wub2::naughty:

I like when people think the same thing as me xD

I think everyone does. That's why you've got a thread asking if there are any atheists here.

Then the people who come in and start behaving disrespectfully should be held accountable for their actions. You don't prohibit conversation solely because it's possible that someone might act disrespectfully.

The topic here is not debating the pros and cons of various religions. Pam asked if there are any atheists here and if you're not an atheist then the thread shouldn't concern you enough to start arguments over.

I think everyone does. That's why you've got a thread asking if there are any atheists here.

Then the people who come in and start behaving disrespectfully should be held accountable for their actions. You don't prohibit conversation solely because it's possible that someone might act disrespectfully.

The topic here is not debating the pros and cons of various religions. Pam asked if there are any atheists here and if you're not an atheist then the thread shouldn't concern you enough to start arguments over.

I didn't start any arguments :mf_rosetinted:

yeah but a lot of us believe maybe there shouldn`t be any religious threads since it is a bit controversial... nothing against Pam or anyone. I dont agree with the christian thread more than i do this one. I do like hearing people`s opinions, and as long as mfc allows threads such as this one, i will continue to read them and take into account some good points from these religions.

--- BACK OFF.... she's mine!

Love you Alexandra

now now , no fighting :sneaky2: ...... though i might make an exception this time :roftl::wink2: HEHEHE x

Oh my god you`re the one who commented on kelzy`s picture!É

Yes that be meeeeeee :wub2: i will add you tomorrow hun ?!

I really should get some sleep but i just CANNOT sleep :boxed::roftl:

now now , no fighting :sneaky2: ...... though i might make an exception this time :roftl::wink2: HEHEHE x

Yes that be meeeeeee :wub2: i will add you tomorrow hun ?!

I really should get some sleep but i just CANNOT sleep :boxed::roftl:

HAHHAHAHAHAHA that's too cool!!!

I'd lurve that :wub2:

Aww go to sleep, go have some milk or something.