Aaaagh! I'm having a bad day already!!

Naectegale

Woke up to a thunderstorm & torrential rain! It wouldn't matter, but I have to drive for over an hour to get to a "safer driving course" to avoid 3 points on my licence.

I'm only a fair weather driver and I'm scared of driving in the rain but I can't get out of it!!!:sweatdrop:

And then....

A policeman knocked at my door and said my neighbour's shed had been broken into and to be careful with security 'cuz there's been a spate of burglaries in the area. So I cried at the policeman -how embarrassing:blush-anim-cl:

I don't mind being punished - I did do 35mph in a 30mph area (didn't see the change of speed sign) - but this is all too much:thumbdown:

Just thought I'd share - I don't expect any replies (or any sympathy for being such a wuss!)

xx N

PS It doesn't seem so bad now I see it written down :wink2:

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Woke up to a thunderstorm & torrential rain! It wouldn't matter, but I have to drive for over an hour to get to a "safer driving course" to avoid 3 points on my licence.

I'm only a fair weather driver and I'm scared of driving in the rain but I can't get out of it!!!:sweatdrop:

And then....

A policeman knocked at my door and said my neighbour's shed had been broken into and to be careful with security 'cuz there's been a spate of burglaries in the area. So I cried at the policeman -how embarrassing:blush-anim-cl:

I don't mind being punished - I did do 35mph in a 30mph area (didn't see the change of speed sign) - but this is all too much:thumbdown:

Just thought I'd share - I don't expect any replies (or any sympathy for being such a wuss!)

xx N

PS It doesn't seem so bad now I see it written down :wink2:

You got done for doing 35 in a 30 speed limit? Jeez that's a bit steep!

Do you live in the UK?

Hi Babspanky

Thanks for responding

I got done on camera on the A30 just outside Bagshot! (I live in Surrey). I'm not complaining about being done for speeding - I just wish the day was going better!

(did I mention the 4 hours sleep and the 7 gnat bites on my legs?)

I'm off now (rain has stopped so I'll go early and slowly)

xx N

Well good luck! I used to have a company car and we were always given a little aide memoir from the company solicitors which basically told us we wouldn't be stopped for doing 10% more than the speed limit, so I guess by that reckoning it would be right, but it still seems steep!

I'd be interested to know what this course consists of!

I've just got back from my little adventure - and I needn't have worried, the rain eased off and there were no floods or traffic jams, I arrived at the course on time and I haven't been burgled while I was out. :naughty: (Honestly, I am pathetic sometimes)

Actually, the course was really good - and a much better idea than points and a fine. The trainer was very professional, and the other folks on the course were very friendly and joined in the sessions, so it all went very quickly.

It was a talk on safe driving, with particular emphasis on speeding in 30mph areas (The course is only offered to 1st offenders who were less than 10mph over the limit) There was a lot of interaction with us - question & answer exercises and a lot of time for discussion.

The course covered revision of the Highway code (national speed limits, speed signs etc.) and there were a lot of statistics about injuries and fatalities in accidents at different speeds. There were also some real-life case studies where going a few miles over the limit have resulted in deaths - fortunately these weren't too gory.

The basic message was that even minor speeding can, by increasing stopping times, increase the risk of accidents and the likelihood of causing serious injury or death.

It lasted 4 hours and the tea was free:thumb_yello:

xx N

PS I also learned that you are not allowed to drive over the top of mini roundabouts, even if there is no-one else around! If they catch you on camera you can get 3 points on your licence:shocked: