Katy: Mika Is So Cool

dcdeb

KATY: MIKA IS SO COOL

49518_1.jpg

2nd September 2008

POP starlet Katy Perry says partying with her pal Mika was the inspiration for her chart-topping exploits.

The unlikely pop pair bonded in the recording studio.

Katy said: “My producer Greg Wells told me I had to meet him. I fell in love with him and brought him out everywhere with me in LA, telling everyone they had to meet him.

“Nobody listened and now he’s Mika.”

The good-time music of Mika, 25, reminds Katy of another one of her heroes.

The I Kissed A Girl singer, 23, explained: “Mika’s a lot like Freddie Mercury and Freddie is my idol.

“He’s so fun and has amazing energy. I love Big Girl (You Are Beautiful) – it’s like Queen’s Fat Bottomed Girls.”

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/playlist/view/49518/Katy-Mika-is-so-cool/

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

POP starlet Katy Perry says partying with her pal Mika was the inspiration for her chart-topping exploits.

I always suspected that he influenced at least one of her songs. The one that includes the lyrics about an "H&M scarf". :naughty:

Thanks for posting, but isn't that from a really old interview?

she must repeat the same things over and over again... as usual... same questions, same replies ! we've seen that before with mika :naughty: i think that will be quoted in every UK interview she does... it helps her being noticed, and doesn't hurt mika either...

she must repeat the same things over and over again... as usual... same questions, same replies ! we've seen that before with mika :naughty: i think that will be quoted in every UK interview she does... it helps her being noticed, and doesn't hurt mika either...

Very true :naughty:

KATY: MIKA IS SO COOL

49518_1.jpg

2nd September 2008

The unlikely pop pair bonded in the recording studio.

Katy said: “My producer Greg Wells told me I had to meet him. I fell in love with him and brought him out everywhere with me in LA, telling everyone they had to meet him.

“Nobody listened and now he’s Mika.”

The good-time music of Mika, 25, reminds Katy of another one of her heroes.

The I Kissed A Girl singer, 23, explained: “Mika’s a lot like Freddie Mercury and Freddie is my idol.

“He’s so fun and has amazing energy. I love Big Girl (You Are Beautiful) – it’s like Queen’s Fat Bottomed Girls.”

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/playlist/view/49518/Katy-Mika-is-so-cool/

*cough*mikashouldbemorefamousthenyoubuthesnotbecauseyoursingleislikedbyteensallovertheworld*cough/*

I was wondering too !She also told Out magazine the same kinda stuff

and didn't mika say something about how if people only liked one single then it would suck or something?

*giggles at katy*

sorry guys, i like her but i don't like i kissed a girl and that is the main reason why she is famous in America.

*cough*mikashouldbemorefamousthenyoubuthesnotbecauseyoursingleislikedbyteensallovertheworld*cough/*

You're confusing the two of them, I think. :naughty: So far, Katy's only well-known in America... and Mika is the one who's famous all over the world. (Less so in the US.) :bleh:

--Jack

You're confusing the two of them, I think. :naughty: So far, Katy's only well-known in America... and Mika is the one who's famous all over the world. (Less so in the US.) :bleh:

Yeah, but "I Kissed a Girl" was the No. 1 single in the UK again this week

(fourth week in a row), after weeks at No. 1 in the US. :shocked:

dcdeb

and didn't mika say something about how if people only liked one single then it would suck or something?

*giggles at katy*

sorry guys, i like her but i don't like i kissed a girl and that is the main reason why she is famous in America.

:blink: That's because she just released her album several weeks ago. Grace Kelly was the only reason Mika was famous in the UK and France for months too.

I don't think she is repeating herself in interviews. They just dug up this quote from somewhere to make this article.

Yeah, but "I Kissed a Girl" was the No. 1 single in the UK again this week

(fourth week in a row), after weeks at No. 1 in the US. :shocked:

dcdeb

I Kissed a girl was also No 1 in Australia...currently at #5. Hot N Cold is also in the charts this week...

Oh, huh. I had no idea. :blink:

I stand corrected, then.

--Jack

I don't think she is repeating herself in interviews. They just dug up this quote from somewhere to make this article.

Yep, i think you're right. I remember reading this exact sentence " nobody listened and now he's Mika" ages ago..

At that time, ppl wondered if another of Katy's song could have been inspired by Mika. A song called "Simple", that talked about "a poet" and "a genius who could barely read"...

It's not on her myspace anymore but it can still be found on youtube.. It's a pretty cool song btw :thumb_yello:

*giggles at katy*

i highly doubt he would say that about her friend :boxed:...

I Kissed a girl was also No 1 in Australia...currently at #5. Hot N Cold is also in the charts this week...

In my little country far, far away it was the most downloaded!:naughty:

And it's played on radio a lot!

I really like her music, her voice, her lyrics, everything!

Too see her live would be.....:wub2: