Go to MikaSounds - Blog Updates Thread (Part 4)

Fmbm

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You people do know that if you go to "thread tools" at the top of this luuuurvely thread and click on "subscribe to this thread", you are subscribed without having to write a *subscribing* post in it? :bleh::roftl:

said the person who discovered the quick reply option a few days ago:roftl:

it was you,right?:blink:

You people do know that if you go to "thread tools" at the top of this luuuurvely thread and click on "subscribe to this thread", you are subscribed without having to write a *subscribing* post in it? :bleh::roftl:

I didn't know that!:blush-anim-cl:

But now I know! Thanks, very useful tool!:thumb_yello:

Can't remember what his spanish sounds like, I heard him speak so many languages

Must watch it back on yt one time..

I love that in wich country he is, he tries to speak the language during the gig:wub2:

Dutch is cool:mf_rosetinted:It seems to be very hard for foreign people though

I also love how he makes the effort to speak all the languages wherever he goes. And I think that his dutch sometimes sounds like afrikaans, and others like flemish :naughty:.

Mika's spanish is ok, but he's hardly fluent. For the record, even though his french has gotten A LOT better since last year, I wouldn't consider him fluent in French either....

In fact I was trying to quote a post from Racha where she mentioned his Spanish in relation to French but it's gone.

Seriously girl, I wish you'd stop deleting posts, it makes following the thread very hard and quite annoying when one wants to reply to you :naughty:. I mean, by the time you delete it people have already read it so what's the point anyway :bleh:.

Oh and I also love dutch- although I lost my fluency a while back I still love the language, and speaking a bit when I get the chance and feel brave enough.

I guess I can't comment on how hard or easy it is to learn as a foreigner though, as I learned it when I was 4 or 5 so it's a lot easier then.

His own language, made by him. :mf_rosetinted:

I also love how he makes the effort to speak all the languages wherever he goes. And I think that his dutch sometimes sounds like afrikaans, and others like flemish :naughty:.

Mika's spanish is ok, but he's hardly fluent. For the record, even though his french has gotten A LOT better since last year, I wouldn't consider him fluent in French either....

Mika's German is :wub2::wub2: and a bit :roftl:, but mostly :wub2: really.

I wish so much somebody had recorded that bit of footage last year in spring when he sang Schubert's trout song on TV and felt so embarrassed. :roftl:

wow... wish I have seen any footage of that as well... never heard him sing anything classical

It was so cute, really. He sang just a tiny little bit of it, like a line or so, and then giggled :roftl: Sadly, this is nowhere to be found anymore.

just found this comment on youtube :floor:

kflannelly (2 weeks ago)

"I heard that the album's probably coming out in December, and that the title has something to do with fish..."

i felt guilty for a while:blink:

then i start laughing:lmao:

said the person who discovered the quick reply option a few days ago

it was you,right?

Ahem. yes, that would be me:naughty:. You know, I just KNEW that some smartiepants would bring it up the minute I mentioned the subscription thingie.

Of course it had to be you :bleh:

I didn't know that!

But now I know! Thanks, very useful tool!

Well, glad to help, hehe!

I love the Dutch language... though as you mentioned above it can be tricky, my first encounter was through a Flemish friend of mine... and then many south African friends .. which is quiet different ...

I do understand some Spanish and Italian because I speak french... so I guess it would be easy for him as well ... but there is no way I can speak either of them... or claim I understand everything I hear...

I agree with you, I like the fact that he makes the effort to speak the language of the countries he visits during his gigs - even if it's a one sentence with a bad accent... it's the thought that counts...

oh, and yes, about deleting quotes, they don't call me the Cheshire cat for nothing :naughty:

Well, Cheshire cat or not, this one you ain't deleting :roftl:.

Yes, Dutch is very different to Afrikaans; in fact Afrikaans is what I call "a dutch with no grammatical rules", because it's a very simplified version of the language....verbs are very simple, sentence structure, everything is very strangely and even childishly simplified.

Spanish is slightly similar to French and Italian (I speak some French;again, used to be fluent and lost it due to lack of practice, but I can still speak a bit and understand quite a bit- Italian is VERY similar to Catalan, my mother tongue with Spanish, hence why I can also understand a lot of it.)

In fact, something that many people don't know (and often not even Spanish people realise) is that Catalan is far more similar to French, Italian and Portuguese than Spanish.

Anyway there goes a random bit of info :naughty:.

So yes, as they are all latin languages, they are similar, but not similar enough for one to be able to speak it properly (as you mention) just by the association.

I know that Mika studied a bit when he was younger, but I don't think that he kept it up, so that is probably why he has such a limited vocab.

A bit like my dutch, that seems to be stuck at when I was 11 years old :naughty:, which is when I left The Netherlands.

The thing with him is that because he has a great accent in every language that he speaks, he gets away with seeming to know more than he does. Haha, I find it fascinating to observe these things and I love languages so I always have my eyes open for these things, I just like it.

It was so cute, really. He sang just a tiny little bit of it, like a line or so, and then giggled :roftl: Sadly, this is nowhere to be found anymore.

Very sad. I SO wanted to watch that :thumbdown:. Moral of the story: RECORD + SAVE :thumb_yello::naughty:

just found this comment on youtube

kflannelly (2 weeks ago)

"I heard that the album's probably coming out in December, and that the title has something to do with fish..."

i felt guilty for a while

then i start laughing

HOLY CRAP THAT IS SO FUNNY!!! :lmao:

(I hope that we get the same type of coverage with the single info (Uncle Dexter) :mf_rosetinted:

just found this comment on youtube :floor:

kflannelly (2 weeks ago)

i felt guilty for a while:blink:

then i start laughing:lmao:

:roftl: This is even funnier than the massive Dr. S. attack on the lights video... random reference popping up every now and then...

Yet again something for us to laugh while His Mighty Mightyness :king: probably not even noticed it is there. :roftl:

I have no problem people quoting me... :thumb_yello: If I wasn't, the I shouldn't post in the first place :wink2:

Thanks for the info... I knew most of the stuff you mentioned... Linguistics was my second major in university... it's interesting how you have managed to pick up all these languages traveling around the world as a kid... I am sure you will manage to gain fluency in most of these languages if you practice them again... :thumb_yello: I love languages (especially Romance ones) but lately started enjoying Germanic as well...

His Lebanese accent is funny.. I would call it more on the cute side than correct (it's just a very strong foreign accent)... but his vocab and sentence structure were all correct... and he managed to spontaneously say sentences in the concert that were not rehearsed (unlike the "my friend billy brown" sentence) that he uses in every gig...

:naughty:

I find it very interesting to hear that, as obviously this would totally escape me :roftl:.

Hmm. I wonder if he actually knows a bit more than we think, or if he prepared certain "not so typical" lines so he had some stuff to say.

Interrrresting!

Germanic languages are harder I think, but of course as a native spaniard I would say so, hehe. Good luck with them!

I know that English is germanic, but I've lost touch with reality and to me English is now just English, such a commonly heard language that I can't put it in the same bag as the rest of germanic languages if that makes any sense...it's like it's its own category?

I studied German for a few years (it was easier for me as it was so similar to Dutch) but gosh is that hard with all the declinations :thumbdown:.

Seriously Violet, how can you people ever master it?

"How do you know that it is 'Das'?

'Hm, you just know'

Ah, ok :blink:

That was the reason why I hated Latin with a passion yet had to study it for 4 years in school, AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARG!!

Ok, did my own little test on Mikasounds now...I guess that we shall see :das:

♥ sariflor ♥ :

Date: September 4, 2008 @ 11:19 pm

So when can we expect it, nov 3?

And is this the actual “final” name? Are you SURE about it, LOL??!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mika-One-Night-Paris-Blu-ray/dp/B001DWEYXI

http://www.lovefilm.com/product/115731-Mika-One-Night-In-Paris-BLU-RAY-Version.html

xx

Sara

muahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:roftl::roftl:

Seriously Violet, how can you people ever master it?

"How do you know that it is 'Das'?

'Hm, you just know'

Ah, ok :blink:

Mwhaaha, funny memories of passionate late breakfast discussions in Amsterdam :roftl::wub2:

Sara: 'Why is 'table' masculine in German?!' :blink:

Violetta: 'Why is it feminine in Spanish?' :bleh:

Sara: 'But there it makes sense.'

Violetta:':blink:'

It can get quite philosophic :lmfao:

Mwhaaha, funny memories of passionate late breakfast discussions in Amsterdam :roftl::wub2:

Sara: 'Why is 'table' masculine in German?!'

Loooooooooooooooool:roftl:I love your discussions.

Btw, it's feminine in French, and I know it is in Italian also. German, you LOOSE!:naughty:lool

Hey all!!!

I also love how he makes the effort to speak all the languages wherever he goes. .

Yeah, i totally agree, it shows such respect IMO.

Yes, Dutch is very different to Afrikaans; in fact Afrikaans is what I call "a dutch with no grammatical rules", because it's a very simplified version of the language....verbs are very simple, sentence structure, everything is very strangely and even childishly simplified.

Spanish is slightly similar to French and Italian (I speak some French;again, used to be fluent and lost it due to lack of practice, but I can still speak a bit and understand quite a bit- Italian is VERY similar to Catalan, my mother tongue with Spanish, hence why I can also understand a lot of it.)

So yes, as they are all latin languages, they are similar, but not similar enough for one to be able to speak it properly (as you mention) just by the association.

The thing with him is that because he has a great accent in every language that he speaks, he gets away with seeming to know more than he does. Haha, I find it fascinating to observe these things and I love languages so I always have my eyes open for these things, I just like it.

That's interesting about Afrikaans! Didn't know that.

Yep,he does great accents!!!

Yeah, I find Spanish is helping me brush up on my French to a certain extent, and it's sooo helpful in learning Portuguese!

Thanks for the info... I knew most of the stuff you mentioned... Linguistics was my second major in university... it's interesting how you have managed to pick up all these languages traveling around the world as a kid... I am sure you will manage to gain fluency in most of these languages if you practice them again... :thumb_yello: I love languages (especially Romance ones) but lately started enjoying Germanic as well...

Cool! I'm currently applying to postgrad schools for Linguistics, I looooove languages too! I learnt German in school, and I find it so helpful for understanding grammar for all languages :thumb_yello:

Mwhaaha, funny memories of passionate late breakfast discussions in Amsterdam

It can get quite philosophic

Haha, yes, it was funny!! I still think that it makes sense that it's femenince :roftl:. I mean- it's clearly a "la" !!

May I add, we were having these chats while watching the storm outside, and wondering how on earth some people were actually sitting there in a "queue", LOL!

Much much prefered our chats.

Loooooooooooooooool:roftl:I love your discussions.

Btw, it's feminine in French, and I know it is in Italian also. German, you LOOSE!lool

Yes, we win!

Also femenine in Catalan. HA!

I don't think our table - in English - is masculine or

feminine - its just wooden!!

LMAO!

I am sure he picked up a lot of Lebanese from his mom and his extended family...

he spontaneously spoke to the crowd many times in Lebanese... and it was correct... and cute... like British-man-trying-to-speak-Arabic accent kind of cute.. but he did switch to French when he wanted to thank the crowd (a long speech about the symbolism of the place we were in)... so I am guessing he feels more comfortable speaking long sentences in French than Lebanese...

I remember the first time I heard him speak Arabic/Lebanese in Dubai it was helarious... instead of saying "let me introduce you to my band" he said something in line with "let ME get introduced to the band" which was super funny...

I guess because he traveled around the world and lived in many different places, he manged to pick up a lot of languages (not fluently) but enough to get away with some sentences and a decent accent

The funny thing about German, if someone speaks it slowly, I can understand the words - as many of the vocab is similar to English... but if I read the same words with all these extra consonants that are not pronounced the way am used to... it just looks gibberish :shocked:

:roftl:

Ok, let's get this straight, cause it's one of my bugbears with Mika: he has NOT lived in many different places.

He's lived in TWO different places.

Lebanon doesn't count because he was a baby when he left, so that leaves Paris and London.

Many other people (me included) have had to move around a WHOLE lot more, so it kind of annoys me when these things are played up, and he does it a lot.

I had lived in 5 different cities and 3 different countries by the age of 10, ad continued to move later on.

Now THAT is the type of movement that makes you loose your roots, your attachments, not keep friends, etc, and is not like just going from Paris to London at the age of 8 or 9.:wink2:

I've had to adapt and adapt and adapt, and make new friends all the time.

Never was in the same school for longer than 3 years thoughout my entire schooling til I went to Uni.

It was a great experience, but also quite hard, and it bugs me when people who have not had to go through that experience make it out like they have.

Anyway sorry for the outburst but I had to pick up on it.

I don't think our table - in English - is masculine or

feminine - its just wooden!! :roftl::roftl:

in turkish all furnitures are gay.

also machines are transexual.

but they don't like to discuss their private life:no:

because it's private:bleh:

hey as we are totally off topic i have a question!

what does it mean to have an earring on the left ear or right?

which one means you're gay?

in turkish all furnitures are gay.

also machines are transexual.

but they don't like to discuss their private life:no:

because it's private:bleh:

hey as we are totally off topic i have a question!

what does it mean to have an earring on the left ear or right?

which one means you're gay?

Hahaha:roftl:

Dunno, never knew that one!

Mwhaaha, funny memories of passionate late breakfast discussions in Amsterdam :wub2:

Haha, yes, it was funny!! I still think that it makes sense that it's femenince :roftl:. I mean- it's clearly a "la" !!

May I add, we were having these chats while watching the storm outside, and wondering how on earth some people were actually sitting there in a "queue", LOL!

Much much prefered our chats.

Sweet memories!:wub2: