Where is MIKA recording album 2?

daisylou

Greg Wells is in LA. The assumption is when he's getting down to business he will go to LA.

But you're right he can probably record wherever he wants and we don't know what his plans are actually.

Well we know Greg did the last one, but what's to say he will do this one?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well that's what I mean about we don't actually know the plan. Everyone's just guessing that he will continue to work with Greg and do it in LA.

I know Mika was demoing some songs for Greg last December but that was the last I recall hearing about them...?

I really wish we knew when it's coming out.

Then again, I fear that if we know, the reality of it will be that it's going to take too long, which will depress me, so maybe it's best not to know :naughty:.

It is true that he may or may not be doing it with Greg (although I reckon he will), and the fact is that we just don't know.

Hang on, has anyone already said that before?:roftl:

Ok, now everyone please go to the Sam Sparro thread :punk:

Why do you want him to go to LA? Can't he do it here?

In the same studio he is demo - ing in?

I’m just joking because I have nothing useful to do at the moment.

I don’t care where he does his album, but I really wish he would hurry up!:roftl:

Aw, I know, you want him to be in London!:wub2:

Yes I will never forget the-first-of-April-thread where you said something like that!

I really wish we knew when it's coming out.

Then again, I fear that if we know, the reality of it will be that it's going to take too long, which will depress me, so maybe it's best not to know :naughty:.

Dizzyingly logic!:naughty::wub2:

I hope he releases a single soon! I'd love to hear a new song from him, and for it to go to number 1

i read somewhere the song rain will be on his new album! he sang it at the pars des princes, it's just brilliant! an english who wrote a song about rain....

i read somewhere the song rain will be on his new album! he sang it at the pars des princes, it's just brilliant! an english who wrote a song about rain....

Would he release Rain as a single though? Wouldn't it be better if it was a completely new song that no one has already heard? Besides, although I do like Rain, I'm not sure if it would be good as a single.

Greg Wells is in LA. The assumption is when he's getting down to business he will go to LA.

But you're right he can probably record wherever he wants and we don't know what his plans are actually.

Greg Wells is Canadian...there's plenty of possible locations. :wink2:

Hmmm... *rubs hands together and thinks of devising some plan to find out any more info* :naughty:Naah. Not likely.

Greg Wells is Canadian...there's plenty of possible locations. :wink2:

Hmmm... *rubs hands together and thinks of devising some plan to find out any more info* :naughty:Naah. Not likely.

Another Canadian has researched that situation rather thoroughly. I'm afraid Greg is firmly rooted in LA and will not be recording Mika's album in Peterborough. :roftl:

Another Canadian has researched that situation rather thoroughly. I'm afraid Greg is firmly rooted in LA and will not be recording Mika's album in Peterborough. :roftl:

Resourceful people these Canadians, I’m glad we have them!:roftl:

Looks like my wild guess, Los Angeles, are closing in!:original:

It's where Greg grew up, about 70 miles east of Toronto. We stole most of our city names from England :naughty:

Yeah, we even have a city named "London" - freaks me out everytime. A VP at work recently asked me to go to London for a conference. :blink:

It took us an hour to drive there.:thumbdown:

We even have a "Paris". I live in a suburb called "Brampton" (we changed the "o" to an "a)". :naughty:

Yeah, we even have a city named "London" - freaks me out everytime. A VP at work recently asked me to go to London for a conference. :blink:

It took us an hour to drive there.:thumbdown:

We even have a "Paris". I live in a suburb called "Brampton" (we changed the "o" to an "a)". :naughty:

i used to work for a company called International Sea-Land & their head office was in brampton. i had to go there a few times. (they are now called Maersk-Sealand)

i used to work for a company called International Sea-Land & their head office was in brampton. i had to go there a few times. (they are now called Maersk-Sealand)

Oh. It's too bad that you no longer work there - it would have been very convenient to meet you.

Oh. It's too bad that you no longer work there - it would have been very convenient to meet you.

it was quite a few years ago :naughty: i quit before my son was 1 & he is now 18, but i worked there a long time. they also sent me a few times to new york.

just about every time i went to brampton, we went to eat at this chinese restaurant, they had a great buffet... i think it was called the mandarine or something like that. it was yummy.

ok so after going through this thread....mika might be recording in LA, London, canada.....australia.... lol

i think if he record each song in a different country the album could turn out very interesting :mf_rosetinted::bleh:

ok so after going through this thread....mika might be recording in LA, London, canada.....australia.... lol

i think if he record each song in a different country the album could turn out very interesting :mf_rosetinted::bleh:

:roftl: That is true! If he writes in australia

"There's angry people at my door

I tell them I won't tour

But they want more

they're now banging at my door

pitchforks in hand

torches lighting the floor"

Let's see... he was at the Serpentine party on the 9th, I think ? He said somewhere in a blog that he couldn't wait to see Madonna's show (Wembley, 11th) ; everybody to their own tastes, I know I could wait.

Not much of a clue, I'm afraid. It doesn't take days to cross the pond and he could very well have filmed the studio tour video before coming back to the UK and gone back to Los Angeles after Wembley...

Anyway, thanks for posting a photo of the hairy shirtless drummer of long ago. It reminds us of how good he looked before he took to shaving his chest.

Let's hope it's just a phase !

Let's see... he was at the Serpentine party on the 9th, I think ? He said somewhere in a blog that he couldn't wait to see Madonna's show (Wembley, 11th) ; everybody to their own tastes, I know I could wait.

Not much of a clue, I'm afraid. It doesn't take days to cross the pond and he could very well have filmed the studio tour video before coming back to the UK and gone back to Los Angeles after Wembley...

Anyway, thanks for posting a photo of the hairy shirtless drummer of long ago. It reminds us of how good he looked before he took to shaving his chest.

Let's hope it's just a phase !

He did say in a written blog it was in London :wink2: Maybe not where he's recording the album, but where he's demoing...

As I sit here in the studio in London

It could happen... right? :blink:

Nah... course not! :sneaky2:

:roftl: That is true! If he writes in australia

"There's angry people at my door

I tell them I won't tour

But they want more

they're now banging at my door

pitchforks in hand

torches lighting the floor"

:lmfao:

May I put that in my sig? (somewhere)