Tomorrow's Big Bang

CazGirl

hey i just found this here ( i found it on http://www.cainer.com)

and now for something comepletely different.... The Large Hadron Collider

The first particle beam will go hurtling round the Large Hadron Collider in Switzerland some time this morning. Actual collisions will not start till October, but today clearly brings an official beginning. A moment of 'now' that contains the seed of many more moments to come. This scientific experiment is moving from gestation to birth. It is emerging as a Virgo with Saturn in Virgo, the Moon and Jupiter in Capricorn plus a conjunction of Mercury, Venus and Mars in Libra. I have to concede that the horoscope does not look menacing. Indeed, it appears oddly benign and auspicious!

and here's a youtube clip of scientists rapping about it all (seriousy!!)

whatever next???:boxed:

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, if the world does end, it's been nice knowing you guys :naughty:

MIKA I LOVE YOOUUU!

It can't end though... My dad's in Seattle and I have to say bye to him :tears:

It'd be really cool if it doesn't kill us all, but instead transports us to a different time or a different world or dimension or universe or something :naughty:

What if it messes up how everything is? Like the gravity and weather and air... What if it makes magic! And if it makes the magic come to us from another world! And then we can fly!

:aah:

If nothing happens, then I'll be sad :( At school tomorrow I'll be waiting...

And in this world there are at least 4 albums with Mika ready and Dexter is on the 5th season!:naughty:

I have to meet mika before i die, eat a massiv thing of poutine, and kiss ben.

What does poutine means?:blink:

I've read in the newspaper this morning that the world will not end today ....

:bleh:

It will end after a few months, because then they will start the collisions that create the black hole(s) ..

So ... we still have some time .. I can go and look for work ..

:roftl:

i think they should keep to themselves and leave the whole thing alone... i mean WHO NORMAL CARES!!??

how the HELL do we stop them?

Uh uh... that's one of the questions men have asked themselves for ages... where do we come from?

I do care :naughty:

Uh uh... that's one of the questions men have asked themselves for ages... where do we come from?

I do care :naughty:

I have to admit im really interested in what they find too :thumb_yello: I just find the whole bloody theory and experiment so confusing :naughty: what they find should be much easier to understand i hope haha :naughty:

I have to admit im really interested in what they find too :thumb_yello: I just find the whole bloody theory and experiment so confusing :naughty: what they find should be much easier to understand i hope haha :naughty:

If they f*ck up, it will be really easy to understand : BOUM :naughty:

Seriously, I'm interested also. I doubt it could help cure cancer or whatever, tbh, but maybe that could be a nice history lesson, or even help us discover new materials and stuff.

i already have my opion formed and i dont want people trying to blowm up the earth or whatever they're doing......

lol

And you never question your opinions? ;)

That's how science progresses, sometimes: blowing up things :naughty:

Don't worry, we aint gonna explode. They know what they do. (hopefully)

If they f*ck up, it will be really easy to understand : BOUM :naughty:

Seriously, I'm interested also. I doubt it could help cure cancer or whatever, tbh, but maybe that could be a nice history lesson, or even help us discover new materials and stuff.

"Boom" LOL , yes thats easy enough :naughty: Im interested also if they DONT find what they wanted , what theories will come up next :naughty: ... yeah i forgot about the cancer cure that MAY come out of it , but again , how do particles flying around and bashing together create an outcome of a cancer cure :boxed: unless like you say they find new materials etc that may help :thumb_yello: It hurts my brain thinking about it :insane::naughty:

And you never question your opinions? ;)

That's how science progresses, sometimes: blowing up things :naughty:

Don't worry, we aint gonna explode. They know what they do. (hopefully)

of course i do. it took me a long time to form my opinion but on the whole beginning of the universe thing i'm firmly concreted in what i believe.

its just last time i brought it up i got lots of people yelling at me and starting to send me some nasty PM's, so i'm avoiding that topic. i just wish people wouldnt go blowing holes in the world.

at least im a long way from france.

of course i do. it took me a long time to form my opinion but on the whole beginning of the universe thing i'm firmly concreted in what i believe.

its just last time i brought it up i got lots of people yelling at me and starting to send me some nasty PM's, so i'm avoiding that topic. i just wish people wouldnt go blowing holes in the world.

at least im a long way from france.

I dont think they are actually blowing holes in the world ... that would be risking peoples lives , especially with it being so close to peoples towns and countries etc :naughty: thats why its underground , they are just producing a collision of particles to see what comes out of it , not nuclear warfare :thumb_yello:

Wow im learning :roftl: im still definately not scientist material though :naughty:

What? They didn't made it today?

yeah they switched it on this morning , but the high energy collisions dont happen untill october 21st ... "Although the big switch-on took place today, the first high-energy collisions are not due until October 21.

The CERN team insist the project is safe.

They say it could even help to bring massive benefits, such as a cure for cancer and solutions to nuclear waste and global warming.

But doomsday merchants fear that the mini black holes created will enlarge and become unstable, with a bigger one capable of destroying the world. "

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1668971.ece

Scientists insist its safe though :wink2:

yeah they switched it on this morning , but the high energy collisions dont happen untill october 21st ... "Although the big switch-on took place today, the first high-energy collisions are not due until October 21.

The CERN team insist the project is safe.

They say it could even help to bring massive benefits, such as a cure for cancer and solutions to nuclear waste and global warming.

But doomsday merchants fear that the mini black holes created will enlarge and become unstable, with a bigger one capable of destroying the world. "

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article1668971.ece

Scientists insist its safe though :wink2:

Ah, then I believe them, they know about this.:bleh:

And the benefits it wold be bringing are massive! If it goes right it's great!!!

It is!:bleh:

I tought the scientists had doubts if it was safe. But if they don't and it's just speculation, I don't really mind!:thumb_yello:

yeah , scare mongerers :thumbdown: It was actually on a television programme yesterday and one of the british scientists who was on the prgramme was laughing about all the rumours , im sure if they are clever enough to create something like this , they will be clever enough to prevent a catastrophy also :thumb_yello::wink2: