LiCM : In Top 10 Gayest Albums

CazGirl

...according to Perez lol :naughty:

Out Magazine has compiled their list of the 100 Gayest Albums Of All-Time for their new issue.

The mag asked over 100 musicians, writers, actors, performance artists, critics, and bloggers for their help in determining who made the list, and they asked us to submit our top ten list.

So….

Here is Perez Hilton's top 10 Greatest, Gayest Albums of All Time:

10. Britney Spears, …Baby One More Time: This seems like such a long time ago! These were the golden days.

9. Regina Spektor, Begin To Hope: The new Tori Amos, and that's a good thing! 'Nuff said.

8. Abba, Gold: It's amazing how well all these songs have held up! Abba is definitely pop. Pop is a good thing. Too many people are afraid of it, though. Thankfully, we'll always have Abba!

7. The Carpenters, Yesterday Once More: Barbara Streisand can kiss my butt. Her voice does nothing for me! Karen Carpenter, on the other hand, sounds like an angel. Her voice is so smooth and she makes it seem effortless. The Carpenters' songs are sweet, innocent and so melodic.

6. Hedwig and the Angry Inch, Original Motion Picture Soundtrack: My favorite musical of all time! A queer classic. John Cameron Mitchell & Steven Trask created something truly special. Every gay boy or girl or transgender youth can relate to this story of an outsider looking for love and acceptance. And the music elevates that story to beautiful and epic heights!

5. Aimee Mann, Magnolia (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack): This movie introduced me to the music of Aimee Mann, and I am so thankful for that. Both the film and the soundtrack are great works of art.

4. Mika, Life In Cartoon Motion: Every song on this record could have been a single! His music makes me happy. Mika may not have broken in America, but everywhere else in the world, he is huge. He's also gonna have great staying power!

3. Sarah McLachlan, Fumbling Towards Ecstasy: OK, I have a confession to make. Musically, I'm a bit of a lesbian. I went to all three Lilith Fairs. And I'm not ashamed! I listen to this album and hear something new every time. That's truly special!

2. Tori Amos, Little Earthquakes: This album opened my eyes to the power of music. A song has the ability to convey so many emotions, and that's exactly what this exquisite album does. It takes you on a very powerful journey. Her best album to date!

1. Madonna, The Immaculate Collection: Gayer than a rainbow flag! No fag's CD collection is complete without this one. To this day, Holiday has a chemical reaction over me. I hear it and instantly am in a better mood, no matter how crappy my day has been. Madonna is my ultimate icon, and this is her immaculate collection.

http://perezhilton.com/2008-09-10-the-gayest-of-the-gay

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only 4th place? Pfffttt... C'mon Perez, you can do better than that! :roftl::roftl:

I think Perez just doesn't want people to think he's playing favourites. If he put Mika as number 1 people might say he's doing that because of his relationship with Mika. That's my opinion anyway. 4th place is great anyway. The part that upsets me is the bit where he admits Mika hasn't broken in America! It just doesn't seem fair that his wonderful music isn't given a chance over there!

I think Perez just doesn't want people to think he's playing favourites. If he put Mika as number 1 people might say he's doing that because of his relationship with Mika. That's my opinion anyway. 4th place is great anyway. The part that upsets me is the bit where he admits Mika hasn't broken in America! It just doesn't seem fair that his wonderful music isn't given a chance over there!

Well... tis the truth -- and not cause Perez would like it this way.

America cannot handle talent like Mika's ..... I can't even imagine hearing Mika on the radio here. The O N L Y place you will hear Mika is in a grocery store, restaraunt or clothing store -- Which by all accounts is equivelent to elevator music :mf_rosetinted: Oh yeah and I forgot to mention on the Highway as I am zooming pass with LICM blarring till my speakers are about to EXPLODE :naughty:

America will NEVER accept Mika -- it is a harsh reality that we must face :boxed:

Well... tis the truth -- and not cause Perez would like it this way.

America cannot handle talent like Mika's ..... I can't even imagine hearing Mika on the radio here. The O N L Y place you will hear Mika is in a grocery store, restaraunt or clothing store -- Which by all accounts is equivelent to elevator music :mf_rosetinted: Oh yeah and I forgot to mention on the Highway as I am zooming pass with LICM blarring till my speakers are about to EXPLODE :naughty:

America will NEVER accept Mika -- it is a harsh reality that we must face :boxed:

I guess you're probably right! But it's a bit annoying when American media are willing to embrace a song about a girl kissing a girl, but can't accept Mika! It's double-standards if you ask me. Also, if they don't like falsetto singers, why do they love Justin Timberlake? It's way beyond my understanding. I think, what America needs is someone brave enough to startr their own radio station, and play all the artists that the usual radio stations don't like, including Mika!

Yeah, I had to laugh when I read that yesterday and

realized how many of those records I

actually own (not to mention, love). :wink2: Perez and I have

similar musical taste, obviously...

Also made me laugh, though. When I interviewed

Perez, I asked him if he thought Mika would ever break in the US and he

got rather defensive, saying, "MIKA HAS BROKEN IN THE US!" :naughty:

dcdeb

Also made me laugh, though. When I interviewed

Perez, I asked him if he thought Mika would ever break in the US and he

got rather defensive, saying, "MIKA HAS BROKEN IN THE US!" :naughty:

dcdeb

Yeah I thought that! Was starting to think I imagined it lmao!

I guess you're probably right! But it's a bit annoying when American media are willing to embrace a song about a girl kissing a girl, but can't accept Mika! It's double-standards if you ask me. Also, if they don't like falsetto singers, why do they love Justin Timberlake? It's way beyond my understanding. I think, what America needs is someone brave enough to startr their own radio station, and play all the artists that the usual radio stations don't like, including Mika!

I've been wondering the same thing myself! I don't usually say this because it makes me cringe, but HEAR HEAR!