superstar

i checked and i'm pretty sure there's not already one..

THE FLEET FOXES THREAD!:punk:

I discovered these guys through (guess) Mika! He posted about them HERE

and used their song "Ragged Wood" in his vlog!

I was wondering if anyone here has seen them live? They're coming to a music festival here on September 27th, and I'm going to go see them!

Has anyone else ever seen them? I was wondering if you have, how can i meet them after the gig? Since its a festival where many musicians are playing, I'm wondering how i can meet them.

I just bought their album, Fleet Foxes. My favorite song by them is 'In the Hot, Hot Rays'.

Anyone else? :naughty:

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Have never in my life met anyone famous after a gig or otherwise. But I got their cd on Mika's recommendation and really like it (the only one of his music recommendations that I do, though I might try Of Montreal), though I can't say which is my favourite as they're on my ipod and shuffled so I don't really catch their names (and to be perfectly honest, a lot of their songs sound a bit samey to me). I got the EP too.

I've been trying to find out if they're touring.

Or even if they're in the charts! All the shops in Middlesbrough that used to put their cds in chart order have now stopped and shuffled everything round.

Have never in my life met anyone famous after a gig or otherwise. But I got their cd on Mika's recommendation and really like it (the only one of his music recommendations that I do, though I might try Of Montreal), though I can't say which is my favourite as they're on my ipod and shuffled so I don't really catch their names (and to be perfectly honest, a lot of their songs sound a bit samey to me). I got the EP too.

I've been trying to find out if they're touring.

Or even if they're in the charts! All the shops in Middlesbrough that used to put their cds in chart order have now stopped and shuffled everything round.

I agree, a lot of the songs are similar.

I don't know if they'll be touring near you, I live in Texas :naughty:. And they're from Seattle, Washington. I don't think they're that big...yet of course!

When I bought the album, I had to go through the drawers to find the CD, and in the drawers there were a lot :blush-anim-cl:. But even if no one else has discovered them..i like them a lot! :wub2:

I want to meet them and tell them that Mika likes them. :naughty:

I'm sure they'll be just as please that YOU like them- and me

They were well on display in one of the big music shops, but nowhere in sight in the other.

I guess they're relatively new band, I think their first album came out in 2006.

Here's what is says about their tour:

"Fleet Foxes began their spring tour with fellow Northwest band Blitzen Trapper on February 28, 2008."

And on their myspace it looks like they tour Texas, then move to Europe.

Good luck!!!

They're actually touring the UK in Oct but it's sold out. (And skips from the Midlands to Scotland without touching the North)

And they're 99 in the albums chart- 9 places below Mika

WOAH!

That's a lot better then here..They're not even on the charts. Neither is Mika. We have scrap music here :thumbdown:.

Ahh, I'm sorry about the tour :crybaby: I can tell you how they are here, and then you'll know for next time :wink2:.

I guess they're relatively new band, I think their first album came out in 2006.

Here's what is says about their tour:

"Fleet Foxes began their spring tour with fellow Northwest band Blitzen Trapper on February 28, 2008."

And on their myspace it looks like they tour Texas, then move to Europe.

Good luck!!!

They don't come anywhere me though, and they're sold out. They're currently 99 in the album charts- 9 below Mika.

If this is them, they won't get near him in the Sexy Pop Men lists though-

fleetfoxes.jpg

All their reviews say they sound much older than they look, but they don't look young to me

They don't come anywhere me though, and they're sold out. They're currently 99 in the album charts- 9 below Mika.

If this is them, they won't get near him in the Sexy Pop Men lists though-

fleetfoxes.jpg

All their reviews say they sound much older than they look, but they don't look young to me

Yeah..they look a bit like lumberjacks.

:roftl:

I wouldn't say I'm obsessed with them or anything really, but they do have some nice songs!

I especially like He Doesn't Know Why. I mentioned this before in the blog updates thread, but their songs seem really fun to drive to.:naughty:

Have fun at the concert!!:punk:

Thanks!

I really need to listen to the album more before I go to the concert. That way I'll be able to distinguish the songs from one another :naughty:. Some of them sound very similar :naughty:.

I really like the style though. Kind of calm, not too uptight, really fresh..I like :thumb_yello:

Thanks!

I really need to listen to the album more before I go to the concert. That way I'll be able to distinguish the songs from one another :naughty:. Some of them sound very similar :naughty:.

I really like the style though. Kind of calm, not too uptight, really fresh..I like :thumb_yello:

Yeah, that's true with a lot of albums in my opinion. A lot of the songs sound alike and it seems like at first I won't like the album much. But I just listen to it a few times more and I usually love it.:naughty:

I think that's just me though.:blush-anim-cl:

Yep, they have a very nice style.:biggrin2:

Yeah, that's true with a lot of albums in my opinion. A lot of the songs sound alike and it seems like at first I won't like the album much. But I just listen to it a few times more and I usually love it.:naughty:

I think that's just me though.:blush-anim-cl:

Yep, they have a very nice style.:biggrin2:

After I showed my mom the blog, she checked out the rest of their songs, and bought the album:biggrin2: First I didn't really like it, but it kinda has grown on me:thumb_yello:

Yeah, the songs that I really like at first I don't like. But then they get stuck in my head and I'll want to listen to them really bad..and then they're my favorites!

That happened with "In the Hot, Hot Rays", and now its my favorite song!

(too bad its not on the album :thumbdown:)

i'm trying to find out about the band members..

here's what i have:

MEMBERS:

Robin Pecknold – 'Leaderman', singer

Skyler Skjelset - Singer

Casey Wescott - Keyboard, singer

Christian Wargo - Guitar, singer

Josh Tillman - Drums, singer

i'm not sure if this is the right info..i found different things..does anyone else know if its right :blink:

or anything else about them?

how do you like it?

we agree, many of the songs sound similar.

but i like the sound!! :naughty:

same with the kooks.

a lot of their songs sound similar..but i love the sound so i love them! :naughty:

It's pretty good. And yeah, I can definately see what people mean by the songs sounding similar.

It wasn't that hard to find (for me that is). And I got mine in the "2 for $20" section:naughty: