superstar

i tried to buy that for my friend :naughty:. he was paying with a giftcard and i was like "he'll take a mocha and this album!". but then he got mad. but he still should have bought it. :naughty:

i'm learning to play tiger mountain peasant song on guitar...:naughty:

:serenade:

Ooh I want to learn that but I'm not very good at guitar :lol3:

Do you have their "Sun Giant" album?

It's really good :punk:

I didn't even know it existed but then my brother-in-law burned me a CD with it :wub2:

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooh I want to learn that but I'm not very good at guitar :lol3:

Do you have their "Sun Giant" album?

It's really good :punk:

I didn't even know it existed but then my brother-in-law burned me a CD with it :wub2:

i almost bought the single last week (i bought beck's odelay instead:naughty:).

my birthday's monday, and if i get any itunes credit, that's what i'm gonna spend it on. i saw them live in september, and they performed mykonos and sun giant. amazing! :drool:

i almost bought the single last week (i bought beck's odelay instead:naughty:).

my birthday's monday, and if i get any itunes credit, that's what i'm gonna spend it on. i saw them live in september, and they performed mykonos and sun giant. amazing! :drool:

Beck...:thumbdown:

:naughty:

I really like "She Got Dressed," "In the Hot Hot Rays," and "Textbook Love"

:biggrin2:

Beck...:thumbdown:

I really like "She Got Dressed," "In the Hot Hot Rays," and "Textbook Love"

:biggrin2:

beck :drool:

:boxed: haven't heard she got dressed nor textbook love!

have to look em up!!!

but hot hot rays is a fave, what really made me love them!!!!!!! :bleh:

i really like the whole album!!! if there was a one that i liked a bit less, it would be 'heard them stirring', but all of their songs are brilliant.

needst to mention that the guitarist is very attractive.

beck :drool:

:boxed: haven't heard she got dressed nor textbook love!

have to look em up!!!

but hot hot rays is a fave, what really made me love them!!!!!!! :bleh:

i really like the whole album!!! if there was a one that i liked a bit less, it would be 'heard them stirring', but all of their songs are brilliant.

needst to mention that the guitarist is very attractive.

Yeah same here :naughty:

Funny, just an hour ago I've read in the newspaper that Fleet Foxes will perform on next sunday here in Vienna, my home-town. And now I see that we have an own thread for this band! :) hmmm, should I go to their gig, I'm not sure.... to hear some songs from them is ok, but a whole concert could be boring, isn't it??????

i really like their music! my fave fleet foxes song is white winter hymnal

that's a great one! i agree--it's very different from most other music that we have today.

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=DrQRS40OKNE - sounds a bit depressive, but I'm looking out for another videos of them, I'm sure they have also some songs a bit "luckier" ;)

that is their only video, unfortunately :thumbdown:

here's the ones that i made when i saw them live here in september. my camera's bad quality, sorry :blush-anim-cl:

Ragged Wood:

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=eM6luTT5cmk

White Winter Hymnal:

Guitarist :drool::

Sun It Rises:

• 1 month later...
Lookie here...number 11, congrats guys. :naughty:

And I have no idea why or how it's been posted on 'December 25th 2008' at '7:30pm'. :blink:

I love it!

They've been on almost every list I've seen--one on a music website for "Best Albums of 2008" and also on iTunes' list.

CONGRATS GUYS! :clap:

Skye, marry me!

Lookie here...number 11, congrats guys. :naughty:

And I have no idea why or how it's been posted on 'December 25th 2008' at '7:30pm'. :blink:

Ooh! That's so exciting! I really love their music, it took a bit of time to warm up to, but now I love it :wub2:!

December 25th??? :blink:

29 dic 2008 20.00

FALLS FESTIVAL W/ DODOS * SOLD OUT * LORNE, AUSTRALIA

30 dic 2008 20.00

FALLS FESTIVAL W/ DODOS * SOLD OUT * MARION BAY, AUSTRALIA

2 gen 2009 20.00

PRINCE OF WALES * SOLD OUT * MELBOURNE, AUS

3 gen 2009 20.00

METRO THEATRE * SOLD OUT * SYDNEY, AUS

4 gen 2009 20.00

THE TIVOLI BRISBANE, AUS

7 gen 2009 20.00

SAN FRANCISCO BATH-HOUSE WELLINGTON, NEW ZEALAND

8 gen 2009 20.00

BRUCE MASON CENTRE AUCKLAND, NEW ZEALAND

they are touring Australia and New Zealand...yes they DO!:naughty:

anyone going? pretty please? reports and videos?:wink2:

yes...i'm a new fan..............:blush-anim-cl:

i totally love their music............:blush-anim-cl:

Edited by robertina

Apparently they're going to be releasing a new album on January 17th. :groovy:

They posted it on their Myspace blog.

"We have found the perfect place to record our next record, we've rented a barn/house in Port Townsend a few miles from where my dad used to build boats, and we're gonna build a big ole Titanic that will seem indestructible but will actually sink quite easily due to something minor that we overlooked (something like hella world beat / glitch pop influences or a continuous literal narrative). SO watch out for FORD AUTOMOTIVE PRESENTS FLEET FOXES II: TIDES OF THE UNDERDEMON, SERMON 3:16 exclusively at Best Buy, January 17th 2009!"

"We have found the perfect place to record our next record, we've rented a barn/house in Port Townsend a few miles from where my dad used to build boats, and we're gonna build a big ole Titanic that will seem indestructible but will actually sink quite easily due to something minor that we overlooked (something like hella world beat / glitch pop influences or a continuous literal narrative). SO watch out for FORD AUTOMOTIVE PRESENTS FLEET FOXES II: TIDES OF THE UNDERDEMON, SERMON 3:16 exclusively at Best Buy, January 17th 2009!"

A new album? WHAT? THAT fast?!:shocked:

I wish other people were as fast:sneaky2:

• 3 weeks later...

I read that...do you really thing it will happen?

Looks like they're playing on SNL Jan 17th, 11:30pm.

They blogged about it, and here's an article:

http://thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx?id=20090109nbc02

I'll be watching! :punk:

Has anyone else besides Superstar and I bought the Sun Giant EP? The songs are a little quieter than the actual album, but I really like "English House"!

Edit: I just searched "Fleet Foxes Fan Club" on Google and this thread was the second result :naughty:

Edited by 77red

Has anyone else besides Superstar and I bought the Sun Giant EP? The songs are a little quieter than the actual album, but I really like "English House"!

Edit: I just searched "Fleet Foxes Fan Club" on Google and this thread was the second result :naughty:

I bought it. You stole it from me. :sneaky2:

I think I told KM about it :naughty:

My brother in law gave it to me :punk: