Russia...Please Help!

samantha who?

So Can somebody help me!!

Ever year my school has a social studies fair, in which high school participates, this year the theme is Europe, the country I choose was Russia

so any Russians who wants to help me please! or someone who knows about their culture!! help this poor girl!!:bleh: I googled info of Russia but is not the same that someone explains to you!:wink2:

I need to know

-what's the typical food & beverage

-The typical outfit,costume,clothing,etc...I will love if you post images!:wink2:

-Russian Culture

-Russia History

I will be so thankful for the rest of my life!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So Can somebody help me!!

Ever year my school has a social studies fair, in which high school participates, this year the theme is Europe, the country I choose was Russia

so any Russians who wants to help me please! or someone who knows about their culture!! help this poor girl!!:bleh: I googled info of Russia but is not the same that someone explains to you!:wink2:

I need to know

-what's the typical food & beverage

-The typical outfit,costume,clothing,etc...I will love if you post images!:wink2:

-Russian Culture

-Russia History

I will be so thankful for the rest of my life!

I am coming from Russian family i wish i could give you more spacific info but i had never been in Russia, my family came to Israel long before i was born.

Anyway, here are few links that might help you to get more info:

http://www.geographia.com/russia/rushis01.htm

http://www.waytorussia.net/WhatIsRussia/RussianFood.html

http://goeasteurope.about.com/od/russia/ss/russianculture.htm

Hope that helps :)

I am coming from Russian family i wish i could give you more spacific info but i had never been in Russia, my family came to Israel long before i was born.

Anyway, here are few links that might help you to get more info:

http://www.geographia.com/russia/rushis01.htm

http://www.waytorussia.net/WhatIsRussia/RussianFood.html

http://goeasteurope.about.com/od/russia/ss/russianculture.htm

Hope that helps :)

ohhhh! thanks! This is gonna help me alot!!:wink2::huglove:

where is lena when you need her:bleh:

if you see her online pm her:naughty:

hey! thanks! Im going to contact her!

The two things I associate with Russia are:

Borscht. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borscht

Blintzes. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blinis

That's pretty much all I know. I'm sorry.:sad:

dont worry! everything helps!:wink2::thumb_yello:

Typical food... (I shall not speak about richmen). To list it is possible?

Soups (a borshch, an okroshka (it is salad from a potato, a green peas, eggs, meat, carrots, mayonnaise and still something, is filled in with kvass), a russian cabbage soup, mushroom soup (mushrooms love all and collect in a wood)... It is a lot of everyones)

The potato to fry

Besides, a herring (salty). Without a herring in any way))

Every possible porridges(Groats) (buckwheat love more)

Dairy products. Sour cream, milk, kefir (as curdled milk, but with useful bacteria. Too sour). Cottage cheese

Cucumbers salty and cabbage which ourselves it is grown up

Bacon, salty, smoked (I do not love)

Bread, white and black (rye)

Ha), a fish dried with beer

Pies different. With a mincemeat, mushrooms, a fish.

Pancakes more often on the Pancake week, but it is possible and so. Always bake. Though, abnormal them buy (taste not that)

Pel'menis-it sacred).How Italian ravioli (has correctly written?). In villages do. In city to do laziness, take in shop. A choice huge

Drinks already came across...

Well, vodka, without it anywhere, in the chapter of a table)) (I do not love, I sometimes drink wine))

Where vodka, there both moonshine and home-made beer))

From decent drinks - tea, tea, tea. Black or with milk.

Kvass (already wrote). Kvass is a drink from strongly fried crackers, with addition of the yeast, insisted and fermentation. (sell from greater tanks) in the summer.

Can, that has forgotten....

I write still...

Not late?

In Russian. If it is not clear, ask Jeck Violet or Babuccia to translate)

Типичная пища...( я не буду говорить о богачах). Перечислять можно?

Супы ( борщ, окрошка( это салат из картошки, зелёного горошка,яиц, мяса, моркови, майонеза и ещё чего-то, заливается квасом) , щи, грибной суп( грибы любят все и собирают сами в лесу)... много всяких)

Картошка жарить

Опять же, селёдка ( солёная). Без селёдки никак))

Всевозможные каши ( гречневую больше любят)

Молочные продукты. Сметана , молоко, кефир( как простокваша, но с полезными бактериями. тоже кислый). Творог

Солёные огурцы и капуста, которые тоже сами выращивают и солят .

сало , солёное, копчёное (Я не люблю)

Хлеб, белый и чёрный( ржаной)

Ha), рыбу сушёную с пивом

Пироги разные. с мясным фаршем, грибами, рыбой.

Блины чаще на Масленицу, но можно и так. всегда пекут сами. Хотя, ненормальные их покупают( вкус не тот)

пельмени -это святое). В деревнях делают сами. В городе делать лень, берут в магазине. Выбор огромный

Напитки уже попадались...

Ну, водка, без неё никуда, во главе стола))( я не люблю, я вино иногда пью))

где водка, там и самогон и брага))

Из приличный напитков - чай, чай, чай. черный или с молоком.

квас( уже писала). Квас - это напиток из сильно прожаренных сухарей , с добавлением дрожжей , настоявшийся и брожение.( летом продают из больших баков ).

может, что забыла....

я пишу ещё...

не поздно?

Good??? It is food of peasants))). So our ancestors ate. Modern richmen neglected, exotic ate, but have now understood, that it is healthy food)). In shops it became dear. But almost all have kitchen gardens. Yes, berries has forgotten to write. And jam personally made of them is almost in each family. I do not love the jam. I love another's jam)))))

Our clothes differ nothing from European. Everyone wish us to see dense...

All right.

In the winter put on fur coats from natural fur. Still I do not know, how refers to - a fur coat inside out, suede outside, fur caps, knitted mittens. In a province - sheepskin coats, musquash caps, on legs - valenoks (the felt footwear,a thickly wool in the form of a leg)

It is necessary ancient clothes and footwear?

Sundresses with an embroidery, tapes in hair, bright scarfs on a head, bast shoes ... Each province had the elegant clothes and a headdress (kokoshnik).

наша одежда ничем не отличается от европейской. все хотят нас видеть дремучими...

ладно.

Зимой надевают шубы из натурального меха. ещё не знаю, как называется - шуба наизнанку, замшей наружу, меховые шапки, вязаные рукавицы. в провинции - тулупы , шапки-ушанки , на ноги - валенки ( войлочная обувь, толсто сваленная шерсть в форме ноги)

надо старинную одежду и обувь?

сарафаны с вышивкой, ленты в волосах, яркие платки на голове , лапти из лыка... каждая губерния имела свою нарядную одежду и головной убор( кокошник).

hey Lena,

how nice I can learn somthing about Russia on MFC.

Now you're going to think I'm stupid but I didn't know that people in Russia also use mayonnaise in salads. I know I'm stupid but when I went to other countries in Europe there where only few places where they had it and like almost every Belgian I need mayonnaise on my french fries and salads. OH and I hate it to call it French fries because they where invented in my country but almost no one knows that. Sorry off topic

Hi Moonlightchild!

We absorb mayonnaise in litres)), as well as ketchup. We have all. Also we eat different meal. There Russian food has been listed.)). Mayonnaise already too for a long time became ours). Soups without mayonnaise we can not eat)). At us and east meal it is a lot of. Halvahs, a zephyr, in an example, different east sweets. Many words are not translated on English)). The translator does not want.))

Interestingly, I was not late...

Hi Moonlightchild!

We absorb mayonnaise in litres)), as well as ketchup. We have all. Also we eat different meal. There Russian food has been listed.)). Mayonnaise already too for a long time became ours). Soups without mayonnaise we can not eat)). At us and east meal it is a lot of. Halvahs, a zephyr, in an example, different east sweets. Many words are not translated on English)). The translator does not want.))

Interestingly, I was not late...

Mayonnaise in soup? really? I never heard of that. I find it really strange.

The typical outfit... I have not understood, that it means... Also that particularly it is meant under ", etc."

The typical outfit... I have not understood, that it means... Also that particularly it is meant under ", etc."

The Russian history and culture it is very difficult. For me. Because into these concepts enters much. Volumes)). What to choose particularly? And to me difficultly correctly to translate. The translator often muddles. Look Vikipedia and data the links is better.

The typical outfit... I have not understood, that it means... Also that particularly it is meant under ", etc. "