Time Periods!

findingmywords

I have always been fascinated by the different time periods and eras, and I always ask people what era they would prefer to live in other than this one (if any)! All of them are different and they all have their faults and positive things.

I for one would have loved to live in the 1800's/early 1900's. It just seems that it was so different than now. How things were overall, much simpler. All of the customs, the cities, the people, all of the inventions. It was the beginning of many things.

And also just to imagine the people living in the different time periods I think is fascinating. They had their own lives and are just like us, with their families and history, but were practically in a different world compared to the one today. When I think about it, it sort of feels like magic to imagine it all.

So, to you all, what time period(s) do you love, and which ones would you have loved to live in?

A thread to discuss all the different eras of the world :bleh:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting subject!

I'd have liked to grow up in the 1960s or 70s or something.

And I've always had a thing for the Wild West. :naughty:

I'd rather just invent a time machine. Now that would be cool. :mf_rosetinted:

Interesting subject!

I'd have liked to grow up in the 1960s or 70s or something.

And I've always had a thing for the Wild West.

I'd rather just invent a time machine. Now that would be cool. mf_rosetinted:

Oooh yes the 60s or 70s would be awesome :mf_lustslow:

:lol3: You know, I was watching a National Geographic documentary (:blush-anim-cl: I love that channel..) and there's this guy who already figured out how to transport little particles through time, so it's quite possible to go back in time. :naughty:

Aww vanessa, great idea for a thread :wub2:

Probably the '50's...'40's...

:wub2:

I agree! The 40's would be great to live in... I liked their fashion :naughty:

:lol3: You know, I was watching a National Geographic documentary (:blush-anim-cl: I love that channel..) and there's this guy who already figured out how to transport little particles through time, so it's quite possible to go back in time. :naughty:

I agree! The 40's would be great to live in... I liked their fashion :naughty:

Yeah, I like dark creamy brown lipsticks and bright red. So pretty!

ooo goodness there are so many i'd love to live in!

well Egyptian-because, hmmm....well i mean women were respected and i like the whole egyptian phase

umm 20s-early of course:naughty: -for the carefree lifestyle

Jane Austin period- this is probably my fav. time...i love the language, how elegant and thoughtful it was...they could express themselves so well...but i don't like the whole 'marry for money' concept:thumbdown:

60/70- well the Beatles first off:naughty: and i like the styles/hippies!

80s- i like that time too just not some of the fashions:naughty:

hmm and tons more but i won't bore you:bleh:

ooo goodness there are so many i'd love to live in!

well Egyptian-because, hmmm....well i mean women were respected and i like the whole egyptian phase

umm 20s-early of course -for the carefree lifestyle

Jane Austin period- this is probably my fav. time...i love the language, how elegant and thoughtful it was...they could express themselves so well...but i don't like the whole 'marry for money' concept

60/70- well the Beatles first off:naughty: and i like the styles/hippies!

80s- i like that time too just not some of the fashions:naughty:

hmm and tons more but i won't bore you:bleh:

I totally agree about the Jane Austen time! I was gonna add that to mine :P

The way that they talked was like they spoke poetry all the time :lol3: Everyone seemed much more intelligent by the way that they talked, even if the knowledge wasn't as advanced as now. And nowadays, people talk stupidly :thumbdown:

And the dancing and the music and clothes and houses and customs and everything seemed wonderful :wub2:

Also, going back to that time would be nice, because there would be more nature around, and not tons of buildings instead. There would actually be open fields and meadows... *dreams*

I totally agree about the Jane Austen time! I was gonna add that to mine :P

The way that they talked was like they spoke poetry all the time :lol3: Everyone seemed much more intelligent by the way that they talked, even if the knowledge wasn't as advanced as now. And nowadays, people talk stupidly :thumbdown:

And the dancing and the music and clothes and houses and customs and everything seemed wonderful :wub2:

Also, going back to that time would be nice, because there would be more nature around, and not tons of buildings instead. There would actually be open fields and meadows... *dreams*

:wub2:i know exactly what you mean. It's like words were an art, not just a way of communicating but expressing.

and the dancing...! well my favorite movie and book is of course Pride and Prejudice....

i dream of -referring to movie- at the beginning when Elizabeth is reading while walking through the forest/fields....:wub2: so peaceful, i could just spend all day outside...no t.v., or comp:naughty:

umm 20s-early of course:naughty: -for the carefree lifestyle

I loved the fashion of the 20s. The flapper dressers, the hats, the "bob" haircut, the Mary Jane ankle strap shoes...

And the makeup - pale faces and dark/red lips.

lulushat.jpg

Aww vanessa, great idea for a thread :wub2:

Probably the '50's...'40's...

Again, loving the 50s fashion...

istockphoto_4549560-retro-1950-s-fa.jpg3f46f44715ccc2f223f7048cbcd97bd0bc2.jpg

the teensy weensy waistlines, the saddle shoes (retro bowling shoes). I also get images of "Pleasantville" and "Leave It to Beaver"...and the rebellious look of men like James Dean and Marlon Brando.

Let's not forget the makeup again - pale faces and red lips like Marilyn Monroe and Grace Kelly.

I loved the fashion of the 20s. The flapper dressers, the hats, the "bob" haircut, the Mary Jane ankle strap shoes...

And the makeup - pale faces and dark/red lips.

lulushat.jpg

Again, loving the 50s fashion...

istockphoto_4549560-retro-1950-s-fa.jpg3f46f44715ccc2f223f7048cbcd97bd0bc2.jpg

the teensy weensy waistlines, the saddle shoes (retro bowling shoes). I also get images of "Pleasantville" and "Leave It to Beaver"...and the rebellious look of men like James Dean and Marlon Brando.

Let's not forget the makeup again - pale faces and red lips like Marilyn Monroe and Grace Kelly.

What i love about both these styles is the hair cuts...short little styled...so lovely and adorable:bleh:

:wub2:i know exactly what you mean. It's like words were an art, not just a way of communicating but expressing.

and the dancing...! well my favorite movie and book is of course Pride and Prejudice....

i dream of -referring to movie- at the beginning when Elizabeth is reading while walking through the forest/fields....:wub2: so peaceful, i could just spend all day outside...no t.v., or comp:naughty:

That's exactly what I feel too!

I completely agree! I've always dreamed of just laying/walking/sitting in a field of grass (Natural grass, not grass grown for parks or something) and reading and just appreciating nature :wub2: But unfortunately, there are no green green fields. Other than the grass in parks, which sucks and has dog pee all over :thumbdown:

I completely agree! I've always dreamed of just laying/walking/sitting in a field of grass (Natural grass, not grass grown for parks or something) and reading and just appreciating nature :wub2: But unfortunately, there are no green green fields. Other than the grass in parks, which sucks and has dog pee all over :thumbdown:

:lmfao:

*lies down appreciating nature and the children*

Mmmm nature.

*Sniffs* ooMMMmmgg WTF?

I would love to live during the Romanticism! all that art explotion!:wub2:

I would like too to live in the 80s,70s and 60s!!: Saturday Night Fever,Hippies, The Beatles, etc!..:groovy:

I love Pride and Prejudice! I wished I was Elizabeth Bennet!:wub2:

ohh and how I cant forget the 20s fashion!! I love it!! red lipstick! long necklaces, all those dresses!!:wub2:

ok i need to cool down:naughty:

Ooooohhh, I need to find this guy! I'll help him achieve time travel quicker. :mf_rosetinted: Or, you know, I'll just wait until he's managed to figure it out and then I'll make sure I'll be the first to use it. :biggrin2:

*sigh* i do wish so much. the only parks we have around here are ones are kid playgrounds:naughty: i like to go about two streets down in my neighborhood and a nice little pond with benches is just so peaceful and beautiful:wub2: except for the ocassional wasp:sneaky2:

Two christmases ago my mom/me/and my sister made an 1800s style dress. mine was pretty fancy, blue satin and brown trim. :wub2:and my sister made hers more typical day dress, it actually looked exactly like something from Pride and Prejudice. if i can i'll take some pics!

*sigh* i do wish so much. the only parks we have around here are ones are kid playgrounds:naughty: i like to go about two streets down in my neighborhood and a nice little pond with benches is just so peaceful and beautiful:wub2: except for the ocassional wasp:sneaky2:

Two christmases ago my mom/me/and my sister made an 1800s style dress. mine was pretty fancy, blue satin and brown trim. :wub2:and my sister made hers more typical day dress, it actually looked exactly like something from Pride and Prejudice. if i can i'll take some pics!

Ooh lucky! That does sound peaceful :wub2::lol3:

Pics would be great! They sound wondrous...