avoca

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate orange and brown with a passion

Those are my school colors :puke:

Looks like it is a Louis Vuitton shoes..

"Singer Mika - who admitted he was wearing a pair of gold Louis Vuitton shoes stolen from a recent fashion shoot - also hinted that he might have helped to inspire Lanvin's latest collection. ‘Alber told me he's been listening to my music,' he said."

http://www.graziadaily.co.uk/fashion/archive/2008/09/18/so-what-s-lanvin-planning-for-paris-fashion-week.htm

Ooh so he's done a photoshoot recently? Be on the look out people! :lol3:

18sep5.png

He sort of looks like my step brother here :boxed:

Those are my school colors :puke:

Ooh so he's done a photoshoot recently? Be on the look out people! :lol3:

He sort of looks like my step brother here :boxed:

Hey girl can i get your number i remember what you told me too, dont call after ten but you know that i did because i cant stop thinkin' bout him!

Nono, :das: tell him i say HI!

Hey girl can i get your number i remember what you told me too, dont call after ten but you know that i did because i cant stop thinkin' bout him!

Nono, :das: tell him i say HI!

:lmao:

He needs to shave his beard :naughty: (my step brother, not Mika)

By the harsh light of day, and repeat exposure to the photos in this thread, I have modified my earlier stance.

But only slightly.

I think it is the way his orange jumper/sweater is folded up so high that is making me :puking:

PLUS the hands inserted so gaily into his pockets.

As Daisylou say....NO HANDS IN HIGH WAISTED POCKS MIKA.

I can actually live with the gold shoes....

Ha!

I like the hair a lot, and the stubble, and how happy and chilled he looks, but that is about it...

I hate orange and brown with a passion, and that also applies to when Mika is wearing them :thumbdown::naughty:. Add the grandpa chinos and golden shoes, and we have a nightmare :roftl: in technicolour.

And sorry but golden shoes are a no-no in my book. I love it when he wears the silver ones though :wub2:.

Exactly my thoughts

Thanks Sara :bleh:

By the harsh light of day, and repeat exposure to the photos in this thread, I have modified my earlier stance.

But only slightly.

I think it is the way his orange jumper/sweater is folded up so high that is making me :puking:

PLUS the hands inserted so gaily into his pockets.

As Daisylou say....NO HANDS IN HIGH WAISTED POCKS MIKA.

I can actually live with the gold shoes....

Thanks for agreeing! :thumb_yello: Where is his Mom she would have told him to stop it :roftl:

Plus if trousers have belt loops you should wear a belt!!! ....Can you tell I used to be a window dresser...my Manager would say ...it is all in the details no matter how small!

As for Kate Hudson.....she is sooooo up on trend with that dress. It's gonna be bright jewel colours for Autumn/Winter lots of ruffles and yup still bows, and asymmetric frocks for the girlies.

..It's the coat I don't like. It's not like she has to walk miles FFS!

She should live up North we never wear coats if it spoils the look ....even in snow! :roftl:

xx

Thanks for agreeing!:thumb_yello: Where is his Mom she would have told him to stop it :roftl:

As for Kate Hudson.....she is sooooo up on trend with that dress. It's gonna be bright jewel colours for Autumn/Winter lots of ruffles and yup still bows, and asymmetric frocks for the girlies.

..It's the coat I don't like. It's not like she has to walk miles FFS!

She should live up North we never wear coats if it spoils the look ....even in snow! :roftl:

xx

Really? God, I'd never manage. I'm not fashionable myself and don't really care for fashion and I very rarely ascribe to the theory that you must suffer for fashion. I much prefer comfort.

Having said that.... There are a lot of coats out there. Some of them even look nice. Surely someone could have found her a smart coat that didn't look too bad with the dress?

How preppy! My mother would love it. :naughty:

'Cept maybe the gold loafers. Just sayin'!

Then again, my mom wears loafers too.

As far as the fashion end, he could've done better with a naxy blue shoe to match the tie. Or if the sweater was a mustard gold it might've complimented the whole thing better with the gold shoes, his hair, and the blue tie would've made a stunning combination for fall colors.

Really? God, I'd never manage. I'm not fashionable myself and don't really care for fashion and I very rarely ascribe to the theory that you must suffer for fashion. I much prefer comfort.

Having said that.... There are a lot of coats out there. Some of them even look nice. Surely someone could have found her a smart coat that didn't look too bad with the dress?

or even take it off while getting your photo taken?....bizarre! She must have a stylist or maybey she was in a rush and just grabbed the first one she came too?

xx

Kate Hudson looks nice, but that is soooo entirely done by a stylist who's been following fall '08 fashion. Next to Mika's pics, there doesn't seem to be any personal connection to it at all. It looks like she got all worried and thought, "Oh no! It's fashion week!" So she got a stylist to do it for her. Just sayin'!

From the waist up... gorgeous. He looks fantastic! :wub2:

From the waist down, the pants are fine in most of the pictures - it's just that the waist is a bit too high... should sit lower on his hips.

BUT, the one picture with his hands in his pockets and the gold shoes, all I can think of is:

50H.jpg

25405162tq6.jpg

(although I'd never want anyone to pick apart photos of me the way we are doing to him! And he's still hot, even with the Urkle slacks.)

OMG THIS CRACKED ME UP!! :roftl: :roftl:

definetly working the Urkle factor there Mika...though you are still adorable! I love his face..but yeah..I am thinking he does look majorly skinny, but maybe thats just his stance and the high pants...

I hope so, because I loved his new found ass....assets...yeah. :wub2:

Looks like it is a Louis Vuitton shoes..

"Singer Mika - who admitted he was wearing a pair of gold Louis Vuitton shoes stolen from a recent fashion shoot - also hinted that he might have helped to inspire Lanvin's latest collection. ‘Alber told me he's been listening to my music,' he said."

http://www.graziadaily.co.uk/fashion/archive/2008/09/18/so-what-s-lanvin-planning-for-paris-fashion-week.htm

thanks for the new pics, whoever posted them, esp. the closeup. :thumb_yello:

actually the shoes are growing on me :wub2: (LV or not: thx for the interesting little article, BTW, miro). and the outfit too.

the only thing I still am not a fan of is the stubble, but then I have never really been crazy for it on every man, so it's expected. :bleh:

Lanvin in London!

Men's flagship moves to Savile Row

Thursday, September 18, 2008

(LONDON) It may be London Fashion Week, but there's nothing wrong with a little touch of Paris, n'est pas? The wonderful Alber Elbaz jetted into town Wednesday afternoon to fete his Lanvin men's flagship store move to the capital of men's tailoring, London's Savile Row. "For me to open a store in London was a big deal, and for me to open one now in Savile Row is a great deal," Elbaz explained. "This is a mythic address, a mythic place and the only place to have a men's store."

Guests packed into the store, sipping framboise-enhanced beverages and trying to catch a glimpse of the designer, who was giggling with singer Mika, who came along to show support. "I'm not doing anything else this fashion week; I'm actually in the recording studio," Mika explained. Well, what got him out this evening? "I like the label--I wear quite a bit of it."

As for Elbaz, his focus is on his latest Spring 2009 Lanvin collection, which he was sadly keeping mum about. He did, however, tell us a few of his favorite things to do while in London. "Go have a nap, watch TV, order Chinese food, see people, get hugs...what normal people like to do," Elbaz smiled.

JENNIFER BARTON

http://www.fashionweekdaily.com/news/fullstory.sps?iNewsid=6618676

Why not? Just cos shoes are designed by people who's name has a high profile, doesn't mean they don't sometimes do something hideous! I happen to hate a lot of the shoes that are supposed to be so wonderful.

Geez,I was just kidding!:naughty:

But I love his shoes too!! :roftl:

(Maybe my taste in shoes is just awful :bleh:)

Hhaha! I think those shoes would probably suit ME or YOU better than him!:roftl:

I must admit, seeing the "face only" pics, that he looked absolutely :wub2: gorgeous there.....It's just the clothes that I object to :naughty:.

On the comments regarding not wearing a coat if it's cold in order to "look good": I could not disagree more.

If it's cold, I think that it's just plain stupid to not wear a coat in order to get a certain look.

Sod looking good, it's a matter of wellbeing. We have this saying in Spain: "Ande yo caliente, riase la gente".

It basically means: if i am warm, let people laugh :naughty:.

I must add though that, IMO, if it's cold and one is not wearing a coverup or a coat, not only do you look foolish, but also quite tacky.

Kate Hudson is obviously a smart gal who is not willing to get a cold or suffer just for the sake of some superficial idiot who is going to judge her for that, and if only for this reason, she gets all my respect and automatic appreciation.

:thumb_yello::punk:You go Kate!!!