Marianne84

Life ain't easy... especially for a doll.

mikadoll11.jpg

He can try praying but, oh well...

mikadoll12.jpg

Poor doll!:naughty:

Does the boiling water get his hair to be soft so you can curl it?

Is he naked? :das:

Why in the world are you asking?:roftl::roftl::roftl:

mikadoll7.jpg

:lmao: this one made me lol so much! :lmao:

marianne, believe it or not, i had a similar idea a while ago... i just thought it would be too complicated to realize (esp. with the hair), and i definitely never would've been able to do it as brilliant as you did it! *bows to marianne for her incredible talent* :bow:

just where my idea came from was a bit different, i have thought of a whole huge mfc present around this mika-doll...:rolls_eyes: with a mini stage (he collects toy theatres, right? :bleh:), the band and their instruments, grey skelly, big girls, lollipop girls, clowns, and different stage outfits for all of them. he surely would love that. :original:

Mikster here says hello. He got his eyebrows re-shaped today and a little something else on his face, like cheekbones. :) He's a bit coy so he wanted to be covered in a tissue.

mikadoll10.jpg

wow it's looking brilliant:thumb_yello:

I'd love a MIka doll like that

(well I'd prefer the real thing but if I can't have the real Mika a doll would suffice I suppose) :bleh:

Poor doll!:naughty:

Does the boiling water get his hair to be soft so you can curl it?

No, it makes the curls. But not in this case, 'cause he already had them. I was trying to make the face a bit slimmer, and when I look at the doll now I can see that it worked! It's amazing what just hot water can do to plastic!

:lmao: this one made me lol so much! :lmao:

marianne, believe it or not, i had a similar idea a while ago... i just thought it would be too complicated to realize (esp. with the hair), and i definitely never would've been able to do it as brilliant as you did it! *bows to marianne for her incredible talent* :bow:

just where my idea came from was a bit different, i have thought of a whole huge mfc present around this mika-doll...:rolls_eyes: with a mini stage (he collects toy theatres, right? :bleh:), the band and their instruments, grey skelly, big girls, lollipop girls, clowns, and different stage outfits for all of them. he surely would love that. :original:

Yep, he would! After this one I'm going to try to make a Lollipop Girl. That shouldn't be too hard if I find the right fabric for the dress.

For me the hair was easy to do. Eyes were not. Eyes are the most difficult part when I draw or paint faces 'cause they have to look SO real, otherwise the whole thing is ruined. Like I said in the first message of this thread, I started painting the face three times from scratch. That means I removed it four times. You can see in the first picture of the new face that the left eye is lower that the right one. And I didn't see that until after I thought I had the eyes finished! THAT wasn't fun. But I'm not going to remove the eyes completely anymore. They only need a bit of repairing. The doll actually has that little spot on his right eye that Mika has as well. The eyes are wide open 'cause I wanted this doll to have that intense and somewhat scary apple pose look that Mika has in some studio photos. I'll search for some pics later to show you what I mean.

My next Mika will have his mouth shut and dreamy eyes.

That's amazing Marianne! Absolutely top-notch work. :blink::mfr_omg::clap:

IMO he looks most like Mika here:

mikadoll4.jpg

The eyes and eyebrows are great, the nose is right, the skin is good, and the lip color works. I think he got a bit too pink later, tbh... :blush-anim-cl:

I can't believe how well you reworked the original doll though! Makes me inspired, although I couldn't pull it off...

--Jack

That's amazing Marianne! Absolutely top-notch work. :blink::mfr_omg::clap:

IMO he looks most like Mika here:

The eyes and eyebrows are great, the nose is right, the skin is good, and the lip color works. I think he got a bit too pink later, tbh... :blush-anim-cl:

I can't believe how well you reworked the original doll though! Makes me inspired, although I couldn't pull it off...

--Jack

I agree with you Jack !! Defo. the most Mika-ish !! :thumb_yello:

Little Mika wanted me to help getting rid of the granny curls. He looks a bit better now. And I felt so generous today that I decided to make his eyelashes slimmer and give him a few more of them. Little Mika felt so generous that he agreed to pose again - just to show you that he isn't naked! :mf_rosetinted:

mikadoll13.jpg

Tomorrow is his day off and then he will start to pose for patterns.

• Like 1

Little Mika wanted me to help getting rid of the granny curls. He looks a bit better now. And I felt so generous today that I decided to make his eyelashes slimmer and give him a few more of them. Little Mika felt so generous that he agreed to pose again - just to show you that he isn't naked! :mf_rosetinted:

mikadoll13.jpg

Tomorrow is his day off and then he will start to pose for patterns.

...Is it wrong to fancy a doll ?? :mf_lustslow:

Absolutely awesome work Marianne - you are VERY talented and VERY patient to take on a project like this - I guess it's a labour of lurve :wink2:

Thanks for sharing :biggrin2:

• Like 1

...Is it wrong to fancy a doll ?? :mf_lustslow:

Absolutely awesome work Marianne - you are VERY talented and VERY patient to take on a project like this - I guess it's a labour of lurve :wink2:

Thanks for sharing :biggrin2:

:lmao:

:das:

TRULY Marianne you should patent the Mika doll you would be RICH... cause everybody WANTS one!!!! :wub2:

*for whatever reason/purpose* :naughty:

But how to apply for a patent for a doll that looks like somebody else? Do I like photograph its face very carefully so every eyelash shows? And the rest of the body? :naughty: And I don't think Mika or Mattel would let me get away with it without demanding their share. :roftl:

But how to apply for a patent for a doll that looks like somebody else? Do I like photograph its face very carefully so every eyelash shows? And the rest of the body? :naughty: And I don't think Mika or Mattel would let me get away with it without demanding their share. :roftl:

That's okay let them have their share!!!!! :naughty:

I know what Mattel's share would be: 98 % of all profit. :sneaky2: Mika's share would probably be clothes for his doll. :naughty:

say hi to little mika :mf_rosetinted:

darn, he's a show off too, like bigger bro.. already posing and flashing his eyelashes... tsk tsk :sneaky2:

Of course he is. He's got the best teacher. :mf_rosetinted:

I know what Mattel's share would be: 98 % of all profit. :sneaky2: Mika's share would probably be clothes for his doll. :naughty:

Speaking of clothes.... not quite the same outfit as we saw at Lanvin, and couldn't find the gold shoes to match, though. Too bad. :bleh:

orangeandkhaki.jpg

You should really dress him soon, Marianne.:naughty: