Mika in US Star Magazine

Fmbm

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Aaah,brilliant.

I think you don't necessarilly have to give girl a ride on the back in the middle of London to become well known in USA.

Agreed, but he's been at a big disadvantage in the US. Mainly because they don't play his music on the radio. I think that anything to get him noticed, and get Americans onto youtube, is a great thing. I also agree it's a shame he didn't get more famous under his own steam, so to speak, and is getting known because of Katy instead, but we just have to bite the bullet here. It's a means to an end and once people know him, it won't matter who helped him get famous because everyone will know how great he is!

Let's face it, not naming any names, but there are "stars" out there who are famous, not for their work, but because of what they get up to away from work. Those "stars" end up with all the publicity, become big, and win awards.

I see no harm in Mika getting some publicity. He's not doing anything wrong and he and Katy are friends! It's all good.

Agreed, but he's been at a big disadvantage in the US. Mainly because they don't play his music on the radio. I think that anything to get him noticed, and get Americans onto youtube, is a great thing. I also agree it's a shame he didn't get more famous under his own steam, so to speak, and is getting known because of Katy instead, but we just have to bite the bullet here. It's a means to an end and once people know him, it won't matter who helped him get famous because everyone will know how great he is!

Let's face it, not naming any names, but there are "stars" out there who are famous, not for their work, but because of what they get up to away from work. Those "stars" end up with all the publicity, become big, and win awards.

I see no harm in Mika getting some publicity. He's not doing anything wrong and he and Katy are friends! It's all good.

It dosen't matter. Mika will never win over America. And I am NOT saying that cause I am being a biatch and just negative.. what have you -- I am saying it because it is the honest truth. Reality Bites :mf_rosetinted:

I spent countless hours on the phone with Radio Stations ... once I realized that no matter how I beg and plead it will not matter.... I changed modes -- I started calling all around and asking W H Y they won't play him.

I found all sorts of senarios.....

DJ's that like Mika - but are not 'allowed' to play his music....

Radio Stations that ACTUALLY played Grace Kelly last year - but, quickly pulled it from circulation :boxed:

ALMOST every station I called K N E W who Mika was -- there was NO ONE going .. MIKA :blink: Who is she?

I even talked to the Program Director of one station who actually WENT to see Mika in Miami on June 17, 2007 at Studio A..... but, 'can't' play him on the air :boxed:

NEVER DID I GET A STRAIGHT ANSWER OR REASON w h y they 'couldn't' or wouldn't play his music -- TALK ABOUT FRUSTRATING

AMERICA can not handle REAL talent.........

we all know that!

NOPE!!!! Not the o n l y one :naughty:

Good, because im a bit scared.

Nope!

I'm more than happy to show up at 11am (rather than 1am the night before) to get a front row spot in an itsy bitsy venue. :wink2:

Although I suspect after seeing that pic, a few Star readers will be like "whoa, who is that hottie Katy's riding?!" :naughty:

:das::das:

I just...people started HATING i kissed a girl after they played it non-stop 40 times a day on every radio station and now she's just like rihanna, not special but...whatever. I dont want that to happen to mika, people did get pissed off after hearing GK TONNES of times but...:blush-anim-cl:

Next we need them to appear in People. The more US publicity the better for the Big M.:thumb_yello:

better for his career? Yes, but better for him? no. He'll just blend in after he gets one song to be more popular then grace kelly. Like Flo rida, after his hit Low, it's like whatever now.

It dosen't matter. Mika will never win over America. And I am NOT saying that cause I am being a biatch and just negative.. what have you -- I am saying it because it is the honest truth. Reality Bites :mf_rosetinted:

I spent countless hours on the phone with Radio Stations ... once I realized that no matter how I beg and plead it will not matter.... I changed modes -- I started calling all around and asking W H Y they won't play him.

Radio Stations that ACTUALLY played Grace Kelly last year - but, quickly pulled it from circulation :boxed:

ALMOST every station I called K N E W who Mika was -- there was NO ONE going .. MIKA :blink: Who is she?

I even talked to the Program Director of one station who actually WENT to see Mika in Miami on June 17, 2007 at Studio A..... but, 'can't' play him on the air :boxed:

NEVER DID I GET A STRAIGHT ANSWER OR REASON w h y they 'couldn't' or wouldn't play his music -- TALK ABOUT FRUSTRATING

we all know that!

Nope, that's why they were all shocked when they find out who Katy perry was :mf_rosetinted:

better for his career? Yes, but better for him? no. He'll just blend in after he gets one song to be more popular then grace kelly. Like Flo rida, after his hit Low, it's like whatever now.

So how is something better for his career not better for him? What does he care if he blends in or doesn't blend in? He's just trying to sell records doing things the way he wants to do them.

At the moment Americans are less than "whatever" because they've never heard of him. I doubt that gives him any personal satisfaction.

I predict that Mika is going to be something of a flash in the pan in the US at some point. It only takes one song. Millions will love him, millions will hate him. A year or two later things will die down and he'll be left with a smaller but core American fanbase that really like him.

Yeah,that's right,but the fact that Mika has some publicity in US via tabloids,cos the most popular girl at the moment was riding him won't change people's opinions about his music. They'll just go like:"Aah,that's the boy who hanged out with Katy Perry" and that's all. I think they won't appreciate his music or his performances more because of that,neither he will get more awards,just the tabloids' attention and more paparazzi pics...

I mean,he could have late Freddie Mercury on his back as well,that wouldn't change anything about his music!

And I know that the most important thing to Mika is for people to appreciate his WORK,not the fact who he's hanging around and partying with.:wink2:

It dosen't matter. Mika will never win over America. And I am NOT saying that cause I am being a biatch and just negative.. what have you -- I am saying it because it is the honest truth. Reality Bites :mf_rosetinted

Radio Stations that ACTUALLY played Grace Kelly last year - but, quickly pulled it from circulation :boxed

ALMOST every station I called K N E W who Mika was -- there was NO ONE going .. MIKA :blin: Who is she?

I even talked to the Program Director of one station who actually WENT to see Mika in Miami on June 17, 2007 at Studio A..... but, 'can't' play him on the air :boxed

we all know that!

Yeah,I agree with you..

I think that he has been played here in Serbia more that in US!:naughty: they play him in stores or supermarkets,bakers,you know,places like that. Some friends even told me they played him on the radio for a few times,but I didn't hear it... :sad:

Oh yeah,they played the LiCm DVD gig on tv for the New Year :punk:

But they write about him here veeeery poor,and I always have to send loads of emails and letters to the magazines,begging them to write a thing about him...when they do write,well,they write all wrong and negative :mf_rosetinted: once they wrote he moved to Paris when he was NINE y/o...or,that "Happy Ending" is his 3rd released single...or that he's 1.83m tall...and of course,the gay rumors....EVERYTHING bad.

So how is something better for his career not better for him? What does he care if he blends in or doesn't blend in? He's just trying to sell records doing things the way he wants to do them.

At the moment Americans are less than "whatever" because they've never heard of him. I doubt that gives him any personal satisfaction.

I predict that Mika is going to be something of a flash in the pan in the US at some point. It only takes one song. Millions will love him, millions will hate him. A year or two later things will die down and he'll be left with a smaller but core American fanbase that really like him.

I think Mika already HAS his hardcore fanbase in America. People KNOW who he is.... they are simply not interested. I will never understand Americans. I SO should have been born British :mf_rosetinted:

Yeah,I agree with you..

I think that he has been played here in Serbia more that in US!:naughty: they play him in stores or supermarkets,bakers,you know,places like that. Some friends even told me they played him on the radio for a few times,but I didn't hear it... :sad:

Oh yeah,they played the LiCm DVD gig on tv for the New Year :punk:

But they write about him here veeeery poor,and I always have to send loads of emails and letters to the magazines,begging them to write a thing about him...when they do write,well,they write all wrong and negative :mf_rosetinted: once they wrote he moved to Paris when he was NINE y/o...or,that "Happy Ending" is his 3rd released single...or that he's 1.83m tall...and of course,the gay rumors....EVERYTHING bad.

Here too it is all negative! And Americans are such sheep.... easily brainwashed and influenced -- they can't think for themselves :mf_rosetinted:

I don't see why Mika shouldn't make it in America- the DJs that "can't" play him would get permission quick enough if he was more popular- I'd be surprised if they were playlisting on an ethical basis. And I agree with Marilyn Mastin that people seeing him giving Katy a piggyback might check him out on YouTube and find they like him.

Mika comes accross as a decent and positive, clean living guy, which is a big hindrance to his chances in the UK but seems to be a help to artists in the US. Although possibly not with the market he's forced into by coming accross as gay. (I know the idea that you can appear gay is fatuous and offensive but that's actually all American radio and the public can be going on as there's no statements or other evidence on the subject.) Ironically, in the UK, he'd have a bigger chance of success (IMO) if he came out as gay, as a fair chunk of our culture only "permits" persecuted minorities to be positive- they can be applauded as survivors, while cheerful straight white people are dismissed as fatuous or shielded from reality.

I don't see why Mika shouldn't make it in America- the DJs that "can't" play him would get permission quick enough if he was more popular- I'd be surprised if they were playlisting on an ethical basis. And I agree with Marilyn Mastin that people seeing him giving Katy a piggyback might check him out on YouTube and find they like him.

Mika comes accross as a decent and positive, clean living guy, which is a big hindrance to his chances in the UK but seems to be a help to artists in the US. Although possibly not with the market he's forced into by coming accross as gay. (I know the idea that you can appear gay is fatuous and offensive but that's actually all American radio and the public can be going on as there's no statements or other evidence on the subject.) Ironically, in the UK, he'd have a bigger chance of success (IMO) if he came out as gay, as a fair chunk of our culture only "permits" persecuted minorities to be positive- they can be applauded as survivors, while cheerful straight white people are dismissed as fatuous or shielded from reality.

The thing is in America it is so easy - if you are thrust out there as 'main stream' you are automatically wildly famous and pretty much everywhere. Had the radio stations here played Mika from the start 'the way they play the crap' he would have been SO *out there* It is the cookie cutters of the music industry that make it here... not the originals. I cannot express HOW much I admire Mika for not comprimising in any way. Mika is Real True Raw Talent... not man-made.

It's sad that Mika would become more popular in USA thanks to Katy Perry. He is on the stage much before her,and now she,who popped out several months ago,has to give publicity to him? Bleh :thumbdown:

I don't get what's wrong with that? It'd be sad if they wrote "That's Katy Perry and some guy". And she's been around for some time, the last record is not her first, though it's the first one she released as Katy Perry.

I just...people started HATING i kissed a girl after they played it non-stop 40 times a day on every radio station and now she's just like rihanna, not special but...whatever. I dont want that to happen to mika, people did get pissed off after hearing GK TONNES of times but...:blush-anim-cl:

They did play Mika all the time on the radio in France...most people are indeed sick of hearing Relax and GK now:naughty: nonetheless he's gained a lot of popularity and has his lot of hard core fans...He filled a stadium with 54 000 people there! Even though there were quite a lot of foreigners there :fisch: