Quotes about MIKA from normal (and not-so-normal) people

racinghorse83

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

'He is from Sweden, isn't he?' - my friend still a couple of months after he got himself the album (he knows now :naughty:)

'Wow. Do you think he has balls?' - my brother way before I took him with me to an M-gig

'Awesome.' - my brother after the gig mentioned above :roftl:

"Chi state aspettando?..Mika?..è quella cantante norvegese vero?!.."

"who are you waiting? Mika? Is that.. Norwegian female singer, isn't it?"

^random security assistant before the concert in Turin^

It's a pity I can't translate what my granny from Tuscany yells everytime she see some pix/vids of Mika...not so normal at all :naughty:

I caught my dad watching the Big Girl music video on youtube once. :blink::naughty:

My dad likes Big Girl...

Mum likes Grace Kelly...

'Wow. Do you think he has balls?' - my brother way before I took him with me to an M-gig

:lmfao:

*worships your brother*

Here we go... "I have a theory about that... I think you girls scared him off." - My mum after I mentioned that Mika hasn't decided to come back to Oz...

And a quote from a certain P Wolf... "Mika's a twat."

my dad denies that he likes mikas music but when he turned on the car the other day MIKAs CD stared blaring half-way though, and dad blushed and turned it off :roftl:

Ahum, things like that can easily happen....:blush-anim-cl:

Let's just say I know how your dad felt.

'He is from Sweden, isn't he?' - my friend still a couple of months after he got himself the album (he knows now :naughty:)

Oh, he's welcome to live here any minute!:wink2:

It's a nice country.

It's a pity I can't translate what my granny from Tuscany yells everytime she see some pix/vids of Mika...not so normal at all :naughty:

I assume it's something positive.

Are you really sure it's a boy? Said by my son with a big teasingly smile.:bleh:

Play Lollipop, play Lollipop! 9 year old relative and a bunch of her friends jumping up and down!:wub2:

"I do think glam rock has warped me somewhat, because despite all the people crying "gay gay, camp camp!" about his videos, I am not sure I really see it. Oh, camp, yes. But really, they're not half as flamboyantly gay as they could be. And neither is he, in my opinion. I kind of don't really get all the people going "queer queer! Faggot!" on the youtube comments. Though I guess I take them as expected with most singers I like. What irritates me more are all the people defending him from the "accusations" of homosexuality. Whether they take the simple form of "No hes not gay u r dumb!" or "What does it matter? Freddie was gay and he was still a great musician!" they all seem to work on the idea that calling him "gay gay!" is still a bad thing. I've taken to responding with "Yes! gay gay and fabulous!" to such comments, regardless of my own opinion on the matter. "

--Me, in April of last year. (Might as well be another person, I was SUCH a giggly fangirl then. Ha.)

Me: " Not many journalists are saying anything about the debt his vocal stylings owe to Michael Jackson, who must've also influenced him."

Cyprian: ". . . and they've also passed over the cat whose tail got trapped in the tumble dryer, whose influence is quite overbearing. "

He ended up registering here. Again, from April of last year. :naughty:

--Jack

"Oh, that boy is good looking!" - My mum :naughty:

"Yeah...huh...I kinda like his music." - My brother

"Mika! I like Mika! Put his song on, so that we can dance!" - My 7 yr old cousin

"Mika's the gayest of all the gay pop stars in the world." - My other cousin. :annoyed_h4h:

"Who's Mika?" - One of my aunts :roftl:

Oh, camp, yes. But really, they're not half as flamboyantly gay as they could be.

Cyprian: ". . . and they've also passed over the cat whose tail got trapped in the tumble dryer, whose influence is quite overbearing. "

--Jack

Love Cyprian's comment!

Do you still think he's not particularly camp? (To clarify- I am NOT trying to discuss whether he's gay.) I always think the things that sometimes get him classed as camp- the pink, the squeeling, the giggling, gushing- come from a desire for childlikeness. (I've expressed that terribly badly, I'm not calling him fake, but I'm not calling him childlike either, or using the ghastly expression "inner child")

I hope this post is just about on thread- it is about what people think of Mika

Yeah, honestly, I still think he's not particularly camp.

But you have to understand, THIS is camp:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=0l8WtDFF4uQ

--Jack

Oh I agree with you Mika really isn't that camp at all I personally think the things he does that people say is camp is partly the fact he's a big kid & I mean that in a loving way & also the fact he grew up with several women (his sisters & mum) I find if you're a guy & you have more women in the household you pick up on their mannerisms & seem either feminine and/or camp/gay & also if you're a girl & live with more boys you'll pick up on their mannerisms & seem a bit masculine too

that's my theory anyhow!

yeah that video IS camp geezee & they say Mika's camp? have they not seen that then? obviously not!!

oh another quote (I rembered, couldn't remember many last night)

from a family member

my auntie ' he is very handsome isn't he, not as much as Derren but still very handsome'

Derren by the way is Derren Brown an illusionist I've adored for 5 years & sort of 'know' http://www.derrenbrown.co.uk (youtube him if you wanna know what he does precisely)