The OFFICIAL LICM Lyrics

racinghorse83

….we all want them. all of them. There’s been lots of fights over them.

SO,

For the first time in nearly two years MIKA is not touring and not totally busy. So, is there some way to ask him to type out the official lyrics? We know for sure some of the lyrics in the piano book are wrong, and apparently some of the few in the LICM booklet are wrong too, but more likely to be correct.

Huh?

Its VERY confusing.

And I’m sure I’m not the only one who would like the official lyrics from MIKA himself. Maybe he could post them on his blog or something.

So what do we do? I have no idea, so this is why I’m asking.

Could we contact MIKA? Bombard his blog with requests? Start a petition? I don’t know! Help please?

to clear this up: all of the songs on the album, Life In Cartoon Motion

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as this would be a nice idea, chances are good that at this point he's trying to look ahead to the new album - not look back at the old one.

I understand that typing out the lyrics in CD booklets often falls onto the shoulders of low-level employees - not the artist himself. So even if we were to put in a request for Mika to include the lyrics to all songs onhis next album, chances are they wouldn't be reliable anyhow.

That said, the Japanese version of LICM does contain a lyric booklet. :thumb_yello:

….we all want them. all of them. There’s been lots of fights over them.

SO,

For the first time in nearly two years MIKA is not touring and not totally busy. So, is there some way to ask him to type out the official lyrics? We know for sure some of the lyrics in the piano book are wrong, and apparently some of the few in the LICM booklet are wrong too, but more likely to be correct.

Huh?

Its VERY confusing.

And I’m sure I’m not the only one who would like the official lyrics from MIKA himself. Maybe he could post them on his blog or something.

So what do we do? I have no idea, so this is why I’m asking.

Could we contact MIKA? Bombard his blog with requests? Start a petition? I don’t know! Help please?

to clear this up: all of the songs on the album, Life In Cartoon Motion

I don't think it's a good idea to pester Mika for his lyrics. I've seen threads on here where people post, what they think, are the lyrics to his songs. Sometimes people disagree on a word, or a line in the song, but I don't think that really matters. I think if Mika had been really concerned that people might sing his songs wrong, he'd have included a lyric book, but he's probably not bothered.

But there are misheard lyrics in a lot of songs. In 'Message in a Bottle' by The Police, there was a line that said...

"It's been a year since I wrote this note."

and some people thought it was...

"It's been a year since I broke my nose."

So it's not unusual really.

This might help some of you.....

Found this while searching on here.....Yup! I do use the search system we have in place....amazing what you find! :wink2:

This was from Feb 2007 Not me ....somebodyelse on here found it I am just copying it.

This has been posted on the facebook group Mika - Life in Cartoon Motion which is run by the guy who's on the album singing the backing vocals to Over my shoulder:

Quote:

Lyrics to Over My Shoulder: (noticed that there isn't actually a correct version anywhere online)

Over my shoulder

Running away

Feels like I'm falling

Losing my day

Cold and dry

Cold and dry

Fork out my daylight

Torture my night

Feels like I'm falling

Far out of sight

Cold, drunk

Time lost

Over my shoulder

Running away

Feels like I'm falling

Losing my way

Cold, dry

Cold and dry

Fork out my daylight

Torture my night

Feels like I'm falling

Far out of sight

Cold, drunk

Cold and drunk

have just put this on the misheard lyrics too so it solve the problems on that thread too :thumb_yello:

xx

This might help some of you.....

Found this while searching on here.....Yup! I do use the search system we have in place....amazing what you find! :wink2:

This was from Feb 2007 Not me ....somebodyelse on here found it I am just copying it.

This has been posted on the facebook group Mika - Life in Cartoon Motion which is run by the guy who's on the album singing the backing vocals to Over my shoulder:

Quote:

Lyrics to Over My Shoulder: (noticed that there isn't actually a correct version anywhere online)

Over my shoulder

Running away

Feels like I'm falling

Losing my day

Cold and dry

Cold and dry

Fork out my daylight

Torture my night

Feels like I'm falling

Far out of sight

Cold, drunk

Time lost

Over my shoulder

Running away

Feels like I'm falling

Losing my way

Cold, dry

Cold and dry

Fork out my daylight

Torture my night

Feels like I'm falling

Far out of sight

Cold, drunk

Cold and drunk

have just put this on the misheard lyrics too so it solve the problems on that thread too :thumb_yello:

xx

Time lost?:boxed:

Time lost?:boxed:

Yup I thought it was tired but if you listen to the tune with the lyrics it all makes sense....obviously it's time, lost when you get drunk....not that I would know of course I am assuming as I never get drunk myself :blush-anim-cl:

He's def. one deep guy is Mr P when he writes....that's why it takes so long :wink2:

x x x