Islamophobic????

foalbaby14

My friend and me were out driving and there was this van in front of us and they had A LOT of bumper stickers, America related, and there was this one that i was like Ariel get a picture of that. So i followed this car just to get a picture of it

This is the bumper sticker......

Picture557-1.jpg

(sorry for how small it is)

There are words i can not say to express how i feel about this..... quite frankly im pissed

Whats your opinion?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

exactly

in my American Government class my teacher said he wants to have a seperate line for middle eastern looking people!!!!!!!!!

i just looked at like :shocked:

it's insane, but then again, a lot of white people take rap for what our ancestors did. Like here in canada they would put the native peoples into like these different school things, and I dont know if they've ever really forgivven us. (not that we apologized :blink:)

it's insane, but then again, a lot of white people take rap for what our ancestors did. Like here in canada they would put the native peoples into like these different school things, and I dont know if they've ever really forgivven us. (not that we apologized :blink:)

that's awful!! hopefully one day they will forgive you.......:blink:

at my school there is A LOT of segregation going on like...

all the rednecks hang out

all the band kids hang out(me)

all the black kids hang out

the emos

the drama kids

the chours

etc etc...........

the emos

the drama kids

the chours

etc etc...........

yeah i mean... I can see how people would hold a grudge. People ruined their lives, ancestors go on... they still might be the same, but seriously. Just because Pamela anderson is a flake doesnt mean i am, it's totally off base. Such a sad, world.

:blink: it's weird, how divided we are.

:blink: Yup it is racism. And "even" (and this is because we all know there are loads of reasons that make the Bush administration spread this idea *coughoilcough*:naughty:) if it was a couple of muslims who did it, we can't hold all of the muslims accountable! And there were muslims in America before 9/11 and there was peace and love everywhere.. so are they all of a sudden terrorists? Of couse not..

So yeah it's really sad..

the emos

the drama kids

the chours

etc etc...........

i dont really think that is segregation because its not like one person is not necessarily allowed into another group right? i mean that sort of thing happens to pretty much every school, at least in the us i think. it happens where i live all the time everyone stays in there own little click, like in mean girls lol: "the math geeks, the asians, the cool asians, the art freaks.." ( i am quoting that from mean girls) i mean as racist as that is it is true and we cannot help it we are not not allowing others to enter other groups its just, especially, teens tend to stick to people that come from the same background, have the same hobbies, and can relate to one another.

I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH THAT BUMPER STICKER BEING RACIST! IT IS HORRIBLE TO THINK THAT! IN NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD ANYONE HATE SOMEONE ELSE BECAUSE A COUPLE OF PEOPLE IN THAT RELIGION DID SOMETHING AS HORRIBLE AS WHAT HAPPENED ON 9/11 my mother at times can be very racist and i dont agree on MANY of her opinions but they are her opinions so as much as i try to argue with her trying to prove she is wrong they will remain her opinion. i think many older people are like this because they are very conservative and still have older values and opinions and such.

:blink: Yup it is racism. And "even" (and this is because we all know there are loads of reasons that make the Bush administration spread this idea *coughoilcough*:naughty:) if it was a couple of muslims who did it, we can't hold all of the muslims accountable! And there were muslims in America before 9/11 and there was peace and love everywhere.. so are they all of a sudden terrorists? Of couse not..

So yeah it's really sad..

i dont really think that is segregation because its not like one person is not necessarily allowed into another group right? i mean that sort of thing happens to pretty much every school' date=' at least in the us i think. it happens where i live all the time everyone stays in there own little click, like in mean girls lol: "the math geeks, the asians, the cool asians, the art freaks.." ( i am quoting that from mean girls) i mean as racist as that is it is true and we cannot help it we are not not allowing others to enter other groups its just, especially, teens tend to stick to people that come from the same background, have the same hobbies, and can relate to one another.

I COMPLETELY AGREE WITH THAT BUMPER STICKER BEING RACIST! IT IS HORRIBLE TO THINK THAT! IN NO CIRCUMSTANCE SHOULD ANYONE HATE SOMEONE ELSE BECAUSE A COUPLE OF PEOPLE IN THAT RELIGION DID SOMETHING AS HORRIBLE AS WHAT HAPPENED ON 9/11 my mother at times can be very racist and i dont agree on MANY of her opinions but they are her opinions so as much as i try to argue with her trying to prove she is wrong they will remain her opinion. i think many older people are like this because they are very conservative and still have older values and opinions and such.

you do have a point the whole school segregation thing, but to be honest i like staying with the band geeks i dont think any of the groups would want to combine with another one..........

i was telling my friend about it and she she agreed!!!!!!!!! i was like WTF!!!! shes like their religion is all they care about.....

i like what Miro said

"And there were muslims in America before 9/11 and there was peace and love everywhere"

you do have a point the whole school segregation thing, but to be honest i like staying with the band geeks i dont think any of the groups would want to combine with another one..........

i was telling my friend about it and she she agreed!!!!!!!!! i was like WTF!!!! shes like their religion is all they care about.....

i like what Miro said

"And there were muslims in America before 9/11 and there was peace and love everywhere"

yeah i think right after 9/11 everyone in the us was on red alert and really couldnt trust anyone and i hate saying this but even people with different skin tones and nationalities and religious backgrounds because out of fear i mean now i really dont think anyone should worry at all about that but i could see where someone is coming from when they thought that right after it happened

yeah i think right after 9/11 everyone in the us was on red alert and really couldnt trust anyone and i hate saying this but even people with different skin tones and nationalities and religious backgrounds because out of fear i mean now i really dont think anyone should worry at all about that but i could see where someone is coming from when they thought that right after it happened

well 9/11 happened when i was in 5th grade so i remember watching the TV and seeing what was going on and then the next day in my class, we had this kid named Mohammad and all the kids wouldnt go near him and i was confused why??

well 9/11 happened when i was in 5th grade so i remember watching the TV and seeing what was going on and then the next day in my class, we had this kid named Mohammad and all the kids wouldnt go near him and i was confused why??

yeah... i mean i am sure with such innocent minds the kids didnt go near him because they were afraid of him but i am sure its what they heard from there parents, i mean children have such open innocent minds that they never judge people based on religion, skin color, or anything they judge people based on how nice or mean they are, they have very simple easy views and that is how i feel every one else should act and as unrealistic that sounds in todays society and the state it is in i really really do hope that happens one day, even if it does take 500 years i want it to happen

yeah... i mean i am sure with such innocent minds the kids didnt go near him because they were afraid of him but i am sure its what they heard from there parents' date=' i mean children have such open innocent minds that they never judge people based on religion, skin color, or anything they judge people based on how nice or mean they are, they have very simple easy views and that is how i feel every one else should act and as unrealistic that sounds in todays society and the state it is in i really really do hope that happens one day, even if it does take 500 years i want it to happen[/quote']

we all should just be little kids again like you said judging them on how nice they are and how mean they are to them....... kids have such amazing little minds that they can mold into what they want

i just hope one day that the whole world will become peaceful and no one will have grudges

the emos

the drama kids

the chours

etc etc...........

Those are definitely cliques, not really segregation.

And that definitely happens more in high school. : P I hated how high school was like that. College is the same way too except not as bad. You can bounce around from group to group more and it's not that big of a deal. There will sadly always be cliques because most people tend to stick with people who have the same interests. It's a comfort net type thing I think.

But anyway, to do with that bumper sticker. That person just needs to grow up and is asking for trouble. Seriously, the wrong person is going to see it someday and the driver of the car is going to get into some trouble. :no:

:blink: It's racism. Just because of the terrorists people now think of all people of their race and religion that way.

It's terrible that people think that way...

That's a bit like us here... White people were blamed for a lot of things Aboriginal people were put through... though Kevin Rudd did apologise... it's the right step towards reconciliation...

yeah i mean... I can see how people would hold a grudge. People ruined their lives, ancestors go on... they still might be the same, but seriously. Just because Pamela anderson is a flake doesnt mean i am, it's totally off base. Such a sad, world.

:blink: it's weird, how divided we are.

And just because Pamela Anderson didn't realise that ugg boots were made using sheep skin doesn't mean you don't know that! :naughty:

it happens where i live all the time everyone stays in there own little click' date=' like in mean girls lol: "the math geeks, the asians, the cool asians, the art freaks.." ( i am quoting that from mean girls)[/quote']

It's kind of sad I knew that came from Mean Girls before I read the bit in brackets...

Poor kid...

It's a minority that did that, but the law abiding Muslims did nothing wrong... I feel for them, because what a few people did shouldn't affect their lives... they were in as much pain about 9/11 as the rest of America.

It's a minority that did that, but the law abiding Muslims did nothing wrong... I feel for them, because what a few people did shouldn't affect their lives... they were in as much pain about 9/11 as the rest of America.

very well said.

i remember my mother was crying when they showed that on tv.

i asked her why muslims did that?( i was 15), she said " don't call them muslim,they are terrorists, not real muslims,they're just using religion as an excuse"...

it's how the world works since the "civilized" society was born...when one nation's internal things are totally fkd up politicians searches an external enemy to blame&fight for distracting citizens from the real crisis causes

but you are smarter, innit?

agreed:thumb_yello:

yeah... i mean i am sure with such innocent minds the kids didnt go near him because they were afraid of him but i am sure its what they heard from there parents' date=' i mean children have such open innocent minds that they never judge people based on religion, skin color, or anything they judge people based on how nice or mean they are, [b']they have very simple easy views [/b]and that is how i feel every one else should act and as unrealistic that sounds in todays society and the state it is in i really really do hope that happens one day, even if it does take 500 years i want it to happen

I completely agree! I read a book called Nerd: Who They are and Why we Need More of Them and it discussed that fact where 'abstract terms' like nerd and segregation comes from.....so sad, how people seperate others....:thumbdown:

about the bumpersticker.....well.....my mother [:naughty:] is very acceptant of other cultures, i mean a few years ago my mom made friends with a lady from Iran, and i did with her daughter. I had a lot of fun learning about her culture, and i never once thought ' omg she's muslim:shocked: she's going to attack me!' of course i didn't, and i feel bad even typing it now. I know tons of muslims from Turkey and others and i wouldn't ever judge them that way! i love learning about other cultures and that's why i love MFC:biggrin2:

-sorry about the long speech:blush-anim-cl:

It is a form of racism.....

BUT HOW CAN YOU BLAME ANYONE FOR THE FEAR?

It may be SAD - but, come on... it is human nature!

When me and Alex flew to NYC to see Mika there was a Arabic looking man on our plane - across the center right next to me....

THE moment I saw him {even though he was f i n e :das:} I have to admit that my heart dropped... and it wasn't going pitter patter - pitter patter --- it was going.... WATCH his every move OMG, you are about to die right here and now!

I am the LEAST racist or prejudice person on this forum all three of my kids are different races and NONE of them were adopted!

But, let's FACE R E A L I T Y for a moment! When something SO tragic and horrific happens right in your backyard -- HOW could it NOT affect you... even in negative ways like this... We are human -- and it is in our nature to fear... it is also in our nature to FORGIVE only never forget.....

I love ALL people... and TRY my darndest not to live in fear any longer! But, trusting is HARD!

exactly

in my American Government class my teacher said he wants to have a seperate line for middle eastern looking people!!!!!!!!!

i just looked at like :shocked:

I cannot even begin to comprehend how this person is not expelled from the school immediately. Did you not report him???

Those are both really frightening and sad posts.

I totally agree. Very shocking and sad.

It is a form of racism.....

BUT HOW CAN YOU BLAME ANYONE FOR THE FEAR?

It may be SAD - but, come on... it is human nature!

When me and Alex flew to NYC to see Mika there was a Arabic looking man on our plane - across the center right next to me....

THE moment I saw him {even though he was f i n e :das:} I have to admit that my heart dropped... and it wasn't going pitter patter - pitter patter --- it was going.... WATCH his every move OMG, you are about to die right here and now!

I am the LEAST racist or prejudice person on this forum all three of my kids are different races and NONE of them were adopted!

But, let's FACE R E A L I T Y for a moment! When something SO tragic and horrific happens right in your backyard -- HOW could it NOT affect you... even in negative ways like this... We are human -- and it is in our nature to fear... it is also in our nature to FORGIVE only never forget.....

I love ALL people... and TRY my darndest not to live in fear any longer! But, trusting is HARD!

It's people who hold beliefs like these who are to blame for part of the "discriminative culture".

Sure, muslims were responsible for 9/11, but at the same time there are millions of muslims in the world who are peaceful and who feel disgusted by these actions.

These people are as innocent as you and I, but are discriminated against (like you are doing with the man on the plane) just because they are a certain race.

You probably didn't even know if the man was a muslim, all you knew is that he was middle eastern looking... He may have even been a different religion.

Mind you, not that even if he WAS muslim, I would agree with one being scared of him.

To me this shows how, in many places, people are not willing to accept difference. Perhaps it's because they aren't exposed to it, maybe, but I'm gtelling you, if you lived in London then you'd never be able to take the underground or a train, because there are always plenty of potential muslims around.

How can you say that you're not prejudiced, yet make a statement like the one you made? You were being prejudiced against that man, by thinking that he may have been a terrorist.

Oh, and may I remind you, the IRA terrorists were always white :thumb_yello:.