The Dental Braces Company

Neiobi

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to have braces..I got them off two years ago:kachinga:

But now they put in a permanent retainer on my bottom teeth which is pretty much like braces on the back of your teeth :thumbdown:

Lucky!

That's weird.. How does it feel?

I just tried to eat some pear, definitly can't bite it!:shocked::shocked:

Lucky!

That's weird.. How does it feel?

I just tried to eat some pear, definitly can't bite it!:shocked::shocked:

It's just a wire like on the braces and cement. I don't have the brackets on or anything. But it feels a lot like braces..it took a while to get used to.

I used to always be breaking my braces trying te eat corn :naughty:

It's just a wire like on the braces and cement. I don't have the brackets on or anything. But it feels a lot like braces..it took a while to get used to.

I used to always be breaking my braces trying te eat corn :naughty:

Oh get it:bleh:

Haha but my teeth hurt when I bite things... Hopefully the pain will stop:naughty:

I'm 22 and still have a brace :roftl:

Just a retainer I have to wear at night, thankfully!! :naughty: I've had braces on & off since I was 10, I had to wear it all the time til I was like 18, then only at night for about another year, and then this year again I've had to wear it at night cos my wisdom teeth are coming out & causing problems :sneaky2: I've never had to have permanent braces though!

My last brace disappeared on holiday in August, I left it on some tissue by my bed one morning, and when we came back in the evening it was gone!! :shocked: And I've only had my latest one for just over a week, so my teeth are still a bit sore...

So yeah, my teeth are pretty subborn!! :sneaky2:

well ive nvr had them, and im told i dont need them. but i always wanted them. haha lol. *walks away from thread* but i wanna know what its like w/ them.. just to invade your thread real quick

I always wanted them too :naughty: I regretted it so much when I got my spacers though. They hurt sooo bad..I couldn't even close my mouth all the way. They hurt so much worse than braces.:bleh:

I always wanted them too :naughty: I regretted it so much when I got my spacers though. They hurt sooo bad..I couldn't even close my mouth all the way. They hurt so much worse than braces.:bleh:

o yuck

and i was excited as a child, because my little gum thing that attaches the umer lip to your gums was too long, so it spaced out my teeth, so my dentist cut it w/ a lazer, and they got straight on there own, i still have a tiny bit of a gab btween my two front ones, but other than that, ttheyre pretty straight. but i was happy b4 they started getting straight, cuz i was gonna need braces

I'm going to be getting them soon...:thumbdown:

For those of you who've had them...HOW LONG is it until you can start eating again?? I've heard from a few people that they couldn't eat anything for 2 days or something...IS THAT TRUE?? :boxed: If it is, I don't think I'll survive! I can't go 5 minutes without eating!!

(It's funny how I'm more worried about not eating than the pain :roftl:)

I have braces :thumbdown:

Oh of my wires popped out and now the teeth on the bottom left side of my mouth hurt, but I have an ortho appointment on October 25th or something so I just figured I'll wait until then to get it fixed :naughty:

For those of you who've had them...HOW LONG is it until you can start eating again?? I've heard from a few people that they couldn't eat anything for 2 days or something...IS THAT TRUE?? :boxed: If it is, I don't think I'll survive! I can't go 5 minutes without eating!!

Well I would suggest eating right after you get them :naughty: It takes a little while for them to start hurting. The braces only hurt me for a day or two..

The spacers hurt way more than the braces. I couldn't close my mouth all the way the whole time I had them. And I could only eat solid foods if I chewed with my front teeth :naughty:

I'm not trying to scare you, but I couldn't really eat anything without any pain at all until like 2 weeks after...

But you could eat, right? You didn't have to get it put through your nose or anything?

:lol3: No, but I couldn't eat anything hard. Don't even TRY to eat bread:thumbdown:

I just ate gum for the first week to get used to the pain

Nice to see you here Nono!

I guess.. xD

Englishrose, well I've had mine since monday and still can't eat what I want! Not even bread like nono said! When I tried to eat it, they all crunched and hurt!

I'm not trying to scare you, but I couldn't really eat anything without any pain at all until like 2 weeks after...

me too...

i was in so much pain it wasnt funny.

you'll find eating really difficuilt, i cut my food up really small for a long time, and i didnt have any fizzy for a ling time either.

ALSO carry a toothbrush with you. you'll want to brush your teeth all the time becasue food sticks with braces and doesnt go

• 1 month later...