The Dental Braces Company

Neiobi

me too...

i was in so much pain it wasnt funny.

you'll find eating really difficuilt, i cut my food up really small for a long time, and i didnt have any fizzy for a ling time either.

ALSO carry a toothbrush with you. you'll want to brush your teeth all the time becasue food sticks with braces and doesnt go

same! i dont carry a toothbrush around tho...

but i might start!!!!!!

:wink2:

does anyone chew gum with traintracks? i do!!!:thumb_yello:

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ghhhrrgggllllkkk...

That was me drooling.

I don't have braces yet but I will in September...today I got this weird retainer-thingy that will move my molars back into the spaces they left when they pulled out two of my teeth :boxed:

It's alright but it's giving me a severe speech impediment. The dentist said it should get better, but I'm kind of doubting...:huh:

When do they come off?

Lord knows. :naughty:

Hopefully soon though 'cause I'm not getting the "full treatment." I told them that I didn't want to have to wear the rubber bands, so hopefully that will take away a good chunk of time.

I had braces. I got them when I was 12, (in 2004) and got them off in 2006.

Now that I think of it, that was quite a while ago! :shocked:

Ghhhrrgggllllkkk...

That was me drooling.

I don't have braces yet but I will in September...today I got this weird retainer-thingy that will move my molars back into the spaces they left when they pulled out two of my teeth :boxed:

It's alright but it's giving me a severe speech impediment. The dentist said it should get better, but I'm kind of doubting...:huh:

I had a retainer when I got my braces off, and I had to wear it three weeks straight. It made me lisp a little...

Lord knows. :naughty:

Hopefully soon though 'cause I'm not getting the "full treatment." I told them that I didn't want to have to wear the rubber bands, so hopefully that will take away a good chunk of time.

The rubber bands were painful! I had them in two different thicknesses. The thinner ones were okay, but the thicker ones I couldn't wear during the daytime cos they were so painful. I wore them during the night, and I'd have to cut them to get them off in the morning, cos I couldn't open my mouth from the pain! =|

I had braces. I got them when I was 12, (in 2004) and got them off in 2006.

Now that I think of it, that was quite a while ago! :shocked:

I had a retainer when I got my braces off, and I had to wear it three weeks straight. It made me lisp a little...

The rubber bands were painful! I had them in two different thicknesses. The thinner ones were okay, but the thicker ones I couldn't wear during the daytime cos they were so painful. I wore them during the night, and I'd have to cut them to get them off in the morning, cos I couldn't open my mouth from the pain! =|

I got braces when i was 12 years old (in 2006) and wore them until the end of 2008. nightmare :thumbdown:

when i got them on i didnt eat anything for 5 days, i just drank water and stuff, and then i started eating tiny bits. i was in so much pain it woke me up in the middle of the night, and i didn't eat properly for more than a month.

6 months in i started to wear rubber bands.. gawd i hated them. they were very, very painful. i wore rubber bands (elastics) for a year and a half, and then i got my bottom row of braces off and a wire put behind my teeth (and its kinda still ike braces, but behind my teeth.) another 6 months after that i got my top ones off, and another wire behind my top teeth.

then i had to wear this awful retainer every night.. now i have to wear it every second night. positive part is, now i have nice teeth.

My lower half will go out the 14th of April, and my upper half will go out the 14th of May:punk:

Such a stupid rule, first he says the whole thing goes out once, and now he says first this, than that, cause that's better blah blah.:huh:

I got braces when i was 12 years old (in 2006) and wore them until the end of 2008. nightmare :thumbdown:

when i got them on i didnt eat anything for 5 days, i just drank water and stuff, and then i started eating tiny bits. i was in so much pain it woke me up in the middle of the night, and i didn't eat properly for more than a month.

6 months in i started to wear rubber bands.. gawd i hated them. they were very, very painful. i wore rubber bands (elastics) for a year and a half, and then i got my bottom row of braces off and a wire put behind my teeth (and its kinda still ike braces, but behind my teeth.) another 6 months after that i got my top ones off, and another wire behind my top teeth.

then i had to wear this awful retainer every night.. now i have to wear it every second night. positive part is, now i have nice teeth.

I can relate to all of the above! lol

I have the wire behind my bottom teeth, (I think he called it a permanent retainer. I didn't believe him at first when he said it was gonna stay there) but not on the top... And I hate the plastic retainer too.. :sneaky2:

Did you get headgear to wear at night? I did. it was the most uncomfortable thing I have ever experienced. =|

But like you said, there is a positive to all of this. After all, no pain, no gain!

My lower half will go out the 14th of April, and my upper half will go out the 14th of May:punk:

Such a stupid rule, first he says the whole thing goes out once, and now he says first this, than that, cause that's better blah blah.:huh:

Weird... I got mine off at the same time...

But congrats on the closeness of the end of your orthodontic journey!:punk:

I used to have headgear at night too, but because I couldn't sleep, they said I had to wear elastics instead, which was less annoying, but still incredibly annoying, and I actually didn't wear them enough:naughty:

I could have had my braces out already, but whatever, they will be out soon enough:original:(see above post of mine)

Heeey, how are you? Thought I may join this, since I've had braces for the last four months. Still a lot more to go.

I really can't complain much about them, cause I decided by myself (I'm 26!!!), but I needed them and better late than never! They're the ceramic ones, not metal, and at first they hurt like hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey I thought I should joined cuz I'm getting "braced" on April 8th or sooner if there's a cancellation. I'm ready but I know it won't be easy... I'm a bit like you VeroMica, I have 28 y.o and chose to have them because of the pain in my jaw.