To the left, to the left, Lefty Thread!

tauruslady

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a leftie!

My mum and my sister are lefties as well! Actually, until I was about 14, I thought all girls were left handed and all boys were right handed (I had firends who were left handed as well, and in my family that's how it was till my niece was born)

Mum's the only leftie in her family for a lot of generations... on Dad's side, my grandfather and uncle are/were left handed (well, my grandfather has died, but he was a leftie... and my uncle is as well)...

My mum went to a catholic school when she was younger, and used to get the cane for using her left hand (she was taught by nuns, and it seems they liked to use corporal punishment)...

Do any lefties use their right hand for certain things? I bat right handed... And I can't use left handed scissors (I've gotten used to using right handed scissors)...

interesting, it does seem to run in familys a bit, my Mam is left handed, and I think one of my uncles are, but there aren't much of us.

I'm the same with scissors, I'm so used to right handed ones now, that I'd probably struggle with the left ones:naughty:

I'm a leftie (aka weird) :naughty:

haha, I like that:roftl:

weird is the best way to be though

I can't move the computermouse with my left hand for some strange reason:naughty:

yeah, I remember the first time I used a right handed mouse and couldn't do it, I felt all wrong. Now I'm so used to it I can't use the left one.

It took a while for that to happen though:naughty:

here are some facts i found

-more men than women are lefties.

-Many think that Lefties have an advantage in fist fighting.

-left handed stroke victims recover faster than right handed stroke victims

-10% of the human population is left handed.

-some theorize that lefties are more likely to be creative geniuses (many geniuses throughout history were lefties Leonardo Da Vinci, Bobby Fisher a chess genius, wynton Marselis)

-"Southpaw" describes lefties particularly in US sports

-Left-handers were severely discriminated against during the 18th and 19th centuries and it was often "beaten out" of people

-In adulthood, left-handers were often shunned by society, resulting in fewer marrying and reproducing

-As discrimination was reduced in the 20th century, the number of natural left-handers who stayed left-handed increased

-The rising age of motherhood contributed as, statistically, older mothers are more likely to give birth to left-handed children

Thanks for that Dev!

Are you a leftie? I'm not sure if you said so.

This thread didn't die!! ha, I thought it might have, good to see there are a few MFCers who think on the right side of the brain:wink2::naughty:

I always think its so cool how Leonardo DaVinci wrote backways because he was left handed, it makes you think if all leftys were left to their own devices, what would happen?!

interesting, it does seem to run in familys a bit, my Mam is left handed, and I think one of my uncles are, but there aren't much of us.

I'm the same with scissors, I'm so used to right handed ones now, that I'd probably struggle with the left ones:naughty:

yeah, I remember the first time I used a right handed mouse and couldn't do it, I felt all wrong. Now I'm so used to it I can't use the left one.

It took a while for that to happen though:naughty:

Thanks for that Dev!

Are you a leftie? I'm not sure if you said so.

im actually like the only leftie in my familam (family) lol. i dnt know where i get it from. i cant use righty sissors at all! its crazy!

eww i used to hate right handed mouses, i couldnt do it, i would get so frustrated, especially on laptops. but now i can do it both ways

yup im a leftie :D

I've just realised how much I typed "Leftys" instead of "Lefties":doh:

Sorry about that, I didn't have grammer on my mind:naughty:

haha nah thats ok xD

I'm a leftie.:biggrin2:

I use my left hand for most things, but I do throw only with my right hand.

I find it odd that the statistics say that males are more likely to be lefties than females. I'm a leftie, my mom is a leftie, all my aunts are lefties, and my grandmother is a leftie. Where does the male part come in?:blink:

I'm a leftie.:biggrin2:

I use my left hand for most things, but I do throw only with my right hand.

I find it odd that the statistics say that males are more likely to be lefties than females. I'm a leftie, my mom is a leftie, all my aunts are lefties, and my grandmother is a leftie. Where does the male part come in?:blink:

i know ! its like sexiest against hands! lol

I'm a hot lefty chick :mf_rosetinted:

EDIT: I'm the only leftie in my family...

welcome to the leftie family of MFC