To the left, to the left, Lefty Thread!

tauruslady

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do any lefties use their right hand for certain things? I bat right handed... And I can't use left handed scissors (I've gotten used to using right handed scissors)...

I do!

When you're young, you soon realize it's a right-handed world so you get used to doing things with your right hand.

My right hand/arm is so much stronger than my left which is sort of weird. I suppose it's because I only use my left hand to hold "instruments" such as pens, toothbrushes, forks, etc. and I use my right hand for basically everything else. Even when I play piano, it's much easier for me to play with my right hand. I have no idea why :lol3:

interesting, it does seem to run in familys a bit, my Mam is left handed, and I think one of my uncles are, but there aren't much of us.

I'm the same with scissors, I'm so used to right handed ones now, that I'd probably struggle with the left ones:naughty:

There's no evidence of lefties in Mum's family... but then again, they were all Catholic so it was probably beaten out of them! :naughty:

I'm a leftie.

I use my left hand for most things, but I do throw only with my right hand.

I find it odd that the statistics say that males are more likely to be lefties than females. I'm a leftie, my mom is a leftie, all my aunts are lefties, and my grandmother is a leftie. Where does the male part come in?:blink:

I can't throw with my right arm... then again, I can't throw with my left either! :naughty:

It's very strange... it's almost even with my family...

I do!

When you're young, you soon realize it's a right-handed world so you get used to doing things with your right hand.

My right hand/arm is so much stronger than my left which is sort of weird. I suppose it's because I only use my left hand to hold "instruments" such as pens, toothbrushes, forks, etc. and I use my right hand for basically everything else. Even when I play piano, it's much easier for me to play with my right hand. I have no idea why

That's weird... batting is about the only thing I do right handed...

Wait... I play guitar hero right handed! :naughty:

That's weird... batting is about the only thing I do right handed...

Wait... I play guitar hero right handed! :naughty:

really? im ambidextrous, so i do everything pretty equally w/ both my hands/sides. well they both can do most things.

but guitar hero i still havent figured out which side i want to use, because it feels awkward on both sides

lol

I'm a lefty and I did a project on left-handedness in 7th grade. We're more likely to die in car accidents, we shake hands with our left so we can stab people with our right hand, and we're more creative.

Great, except the car accident one:roftl:

I'm a leftie.:biggrin2:

I find it odd that the statistics say that males are more likely to be lefties than females. I'm a leftie, my mom is a leftie, all my aunts are lefties, and my grandmother is a leftie. Where does the male part come in?:blink:

I throw with my right hand too:lol3:

Sup, my lovely lefties :mf_rosetinted:

not much :naughty: lol. how r u?

I'm a lefty and I did a project on left-handedness in 7th grade. We're more likely to die in car accidents, we shake hands with our left so we can stab people with our right hand, and we're more creative.

:( its because cars are made for right handed people :(

HELL YA! haha. we know what to do :naughty:

im actually like the only leftie in my familam (family) lol. i dnt know where i get it from. i cant use righty sissors at all! its crazy!

eww i used to hate right handed mouses, i couldnt do it, i would get so frustrated, especially on laptops. but now i can do it both ways

yup im a leftie

haha nah thats ok xD

ah, sorry I wasn't sure if you were at first:wink2:

Dev! you had a Lefty thread and I didn't know!!

I feel so bad now, but when I searched before nothing showed up:sad:

I don't inderstande why some things don't pop up in search sometimes

I'm a leftie.:biggrin2:

I find it odd that the statistics say that males are more likely to be lefties than females. I'm a leftie, my mom is a leftie, all my aunts are lefties, and my grandmother is a leftie. Where does the male part come in?

yeah, it is funny I know a few left handed girls to, and there seems to be more of us than boys. Obviously not though.:blink:

Thanks!

I'm very proud of my leftyness... and i CAN'T believe that there's only 10% of us!

I know we are a very rare species:naughty:

btw, I LOVE your sig:mf_lustslow: I don't know whos in it, but I love looking at it,lol

There's no evidence of lefties in Mum's family... but then again, they were all Catholic so it was probably beaten out of them!

yeah, My Mam went to a strict Catholic school and said that some teachers used to laugh at her knitting because she was left handed and they couldn't teach her. Strangely enough she is still a lefty so they couldn't make her right handed after all.

I can't bounce a ball with my left hand or throw properly, but anything else I tend to only use the left hand.

I think most left handed people are a little ambidextorous though...I wonder why that is.:blink:

Did anyone ever find right handed teachers for certain subjects really annoying??

Thankfully my art teacher was left handed too, but it's so hard learning some things when the teacher is doing the exact opposite to you.

Wassup, everybody!

I know we are a very rare species:naughty:

btw, I LOVE your sig:mf_lustslow: I don't know whos in it, but I love looking at it,lol

Yes. We are so raaare...one day we will rule the world <3

Thank you very much! n////n Is the guitarist of the Hives...Nicholaus Arson. Me so love him (?)

Wassup, everybody!

Yes. We are so raaare...one day we will rule the world <3

Thank you very much! n////n Is the guitarist of the Hives...Nicholaus Arson. Me so love him (?)

we shall :naughty: though I don't know if that'd be a good thing or not,lol

oh cool! really though, that sig!:wub2:

My mom just told me that we are smarter than right handed people :mf_rosetinted:

Thanks... do you like because of the design or the guy?

She said that?!? it could be true you know:mf_rosetinted:

well since I don't know much about the hives(:blush-anim-cl:), the design is what I like. But from that pic he looks a little like Chris Martin:blink:

She said that?!? it could be true you know:mf_rosetinted:

well since I don't know much about the hives(:blush-anim-cl:), the design is what I like. But from that pic he looks a little like Chris Martin:blink:

I'm pretty sure that is true. I mean, we're only the 10%... that would be very possible.

Oooh! Thaaank you! Chris Martin??? .............. :roftl: Yeah, but sexier... :mf_rosetinted: imo. I thought you liked the guy and i was like "yay!, someone else likes him!"

I'm pretty sure that is true. I mean, we're only the 10%... that would be very possible.

Oooh! Thaaank you! Chris Martin??? .............. :roftl: Yeah, but sexier... :mf_rosetinted: imo. I thought you liked the guy and i was like "yay!, someone else likes him!"

:lmao: Well if Leonardo DaVinci was, and...(I know some other famous ones but can't think of them right now) it is very possible:mf_rosetinted: :naughty:

no, I'm sorry, :blush-anim-cl: I don't really know him. But I like that pose he's doing!

:lmao: Well if Leonardo DaVinci was, and...(I know some other famous ones but can't think of them right now) it is very possible:mf_rosetinted: :naughty:

no, I'm sorry, :blush-anim-cl: I don't really know him. But I like that pose he's doing!

Pff... we are so perfect :mf_rosetinted: and it also says that we are more creative than the right handed people.

Oh, that's ok... he's the funny faces guy.. at every concert he does funny faces...like in this video at :33 secs

You don't care but i'm just spreading the word :naughty:

OH LOOK! I found on a web left handed musicians!

Carl Philipp Emanuel Bach, composer

David Byrne (Talking Heads)

Glen Campbell

Vicki Carr

Natale Cole

Kurt Cobain (Nirvana)

Phil Collins (Genesis)

Billy Corgan (Smashing Pumpkins)

Dick Dale (guitarist)

Don Everly (The Everly Brothers)

Phil Everly (The Everly Brothers)

Bela Fleck, jazz musician

Glenn Frey (the Eagles)

Eric Gale, guitarist

Noel Gallagher (Oasis) (?)

Errol Garner, jazz pianist

Judy Garland

Crysal Gayle

Kevin Griffin, guitarist & lead singer (Better than Ezra)

Thomas Hedley, vocalist/musician

Jimi Hendrix

Isaac Hayes

Tony Iommi, guitarist (Black Sabbath)

Albert King, guitarist

Melissa Manchester

Chuck Mangione, trumpet

Martina McBride ?, country music singer

Paul McCartney (the Beatles; Wings)

Christie Marie Melonson (opera)

George Michael (Wham!)

Peter Nero, conductor

Joe Perry ? (Aerosmith)

Robert Plant (Led Zepplin)

Cole Porter, song-writer

Sergei Rachmaninoff ?, composer

Maurice Ravel ?, composer

Lou Rawls

John Lydon a.k.a. Johnny Rotten (Sex Pistols / Public Image Ltd.)

Rich Szabo, trumpeter

Seal

Ringo Starr (?) (the Beatles)

Paul Simon (Simon & Garfunkel)

Tiny Tim

Rudy Valee

Lenny White, drummer

Paul Williams, song-writer

Dunno if it's true but it's interesting...