the stressed out student thread

emmylou

Huh, now that's quite complicated to explain.:naughty:I wanted to go to study sociology of cultures and spanish language. But then I didn't pass the math exam at the end of my highschool (cause I'm so clever:mf_rosetinted:), and I had to retake it at the end of summer...but by then all the places for those two studies were taken, and then I did the biggest mistake and listened to my dad who said that law school is good and that I'll like it because it has lots of social topics.:doh: But I soon realised that it is just dull and blah. Well, at least for me cause I'm more creative soul, mostly interested in people, relations between them, different cultures and langauges. And I know-- I could've left it years ago but I passed the first so easy that I decided to stay, well in fact, I wasn't really thinking about leaving anyways. But now I'll do my best to finish it... walking away would of course be the easiest way but I've done too much and lost too many nerves to not to get this stupid degree now.:naughty:

Aw...I''m sorry it came out that way... I'm more of a creative soul too..

Oh... Well now that you've started, I think it's worth finishing it. If you want to, you can always go back...

I'll have to choose my area next year, painful decision ...

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

oh yes, this thread was made for me...:boxed:

i am tired 24/7 because i have to manage both work and school...i have geography test tomorrow, maths test on monday (!!!HELP!!!) and german test on friday. i don't know when to sleep.

Does taking the PSAT, a math test and a chem lab all today include me in this thread? I think so =P

I've been going completely mad lately, so many breakdowns in such a short span of time.

but my word of the day is magnanimous thanks to the psat. how thrilling.

and then i have colorguard practice tonight until 9 and finish my math test tomorrow because- oh yes, that's right ladies and gentlemen- it was too long of a test to take in just one class....damn you 3+ variables and inequalities....

Why did nobody warn me that junior year is completely mad?

is anybody else a junior?

it seems the same for me! i am lucky though i am a nurse so i will alwayas have my profession! after this i am going to study maths and science again as i want ot be a paramedic! ( i work in the emergency department at the min )! thats even more studying lol!! you would think i would have had enough!

I'm also nurse, in pediatrics, but I'm not working, currently I'm full time student, and I'm not even capable to do just that properly :thumbdown: I failed important exam last week, so I'm miserable at the moment :sad::hair:

I mean, I AM very happy with what I study (medicine) I absolutely LOVE it, but it's so damn hard and long!

What's your dissertation about?

i am very close to giving up right now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

very very close!!!!!

giving up is the worst thing to do! hang on!

(talking from the experience, I'm kind of quitter, and nothing good ever came out of it)

oh yes, this thread was made for me...:boxed:

i am tired 24/7 because i have to manage both work and school...i have geography test tomorrow, maths test on monday (!!!HELP!!!) and german test on friday. i don't know when to sleep.

good luck with all that!:thumb_yello:

Huh, now that's quite complicated to explain.:naughty:I wanted to go to study sociology of cultures and spanish language. But then I didn't pass the math exam at the end of my highschool (cause I'm so clever:mf_rosetinted:), and I had to retake it at the end of summer...but by then all the places for those two studies were taken, and then I did the biggest mistake and listened to my dad who said that law school is good and that I'll like it because it has lots of social topics.:doh: But I soon realised that it is just dull and blah. Well, at least for me cause I'm more creative soul, mostly interested in people, relations between them, different cultures and langauges. And I know-- I could've left it years ago but I passed the first so easy that I decided to stay, well in fact, I wasn't really thinking about leaving anyways. But now I'll do my best to finish it... walking away would of course be the easiest way but I've done too much and lost too many nerves to not to get this stupid degree now.:naughty:

Yep, more or less what happened to me too... I ended up staying, and I kinda liked it, and in my last year I liked the practice too, but now... I'm not sure of anything.

I don't know if I really want to be a teacher, I don't feel motivated at all,... But I got the degree, it was too much time, money and study to throw it all away now.

I'm having an existencial crisis. :boxed:

Does it happen to everyone in the beggining of the professional life or is it just me?

Yep, more or less what happened to me too... I ended up staying, and I kinda liked it, and in my last year I liked the practice too, but now... I'm not sure of anything.

I don't know if I really want to be a teacher, I don't feel motivated at all,... But I got the degree, it was too much time, money and study to throw it all away now.

Does it happen to everyone in the beggining of the professional life or is it just me?

Aww maryyy ... Ask yourself: what do you really want to do?

I think it's never too late...I know it was lots of money, years and work... But isn't it worth it afterall to retry things?It's your happyness that's in stake... I haven't reached that study level yet, but I think that way.

Please don't feel that way hun :huglove:

*raises hand* I'm definitely in the stressed out group. Trying to balance my classes and work this semester has just about killed me. I don't think I have had this many breakdowns over stress before. I'm in my senior year of college, but I will not actually graduate until SP 2010 so I'm basically going to have heavy loads until then.

I have something due every day...lesson plans, lessons to teach, papers, and other assignments. Then I have to work every day (morning shifts at 6:45am-8:30am or afternoon shifts 3:15-6:00pm)....and some days I have to go to the office to do work there, too. When do I rest? Catch up? Breath? Who knows.

*sigh*

*leaves care package with lollipops, Mika pics, caffiene and glitter*

Cause glitter makes everything all better... I'll show you how it works:

1. Clear space of any large furniture

2Throw glitter on ground

3. :roll1: in glitter

I'm also nurse, in pediatrics, but I'm not working, currently I'm full time student, and I'm not even capable to do just that properly :thumbdown: I failed important exam last week, so I'm miserable at the moment :sad::hair:

I mean, I AM very happy with what I study (medicine) I absolutely LOVE it, but it's so damn hard and long!

What's your dissertation about?

giving up is the worst thing to do! hang on!

(talking from the experience, I'm kind of quitter, and nothing good ever came out of it)

good luck with all that!:thumb_yello:

my disstertaion is looking at do nurse's on an acute ward setting recognise assess and implement spiritual crae to patients or is it left until a patietn is taking their final breaths!

i did not give up !!juts putting my references in got to do the ref . list front page and done!!

i would like to say thank to uni for being so understabding i thought te hand in date was tomorrow but it was monday just gone oppssss luckily they are over seeing this !!!

I'm in Year 11 currently, and I'm sure the teacher think we sit indoors furiously doing homework, coursework and revision and that's it. They leave practically not time to do anything else! It's driving me up the wall.

They've recently dumped the whole 'apply for colleges and sixth form' thing on us, too. Due to illness, I have had terrible attendance in the past, and tbh I don't think it'll end up much better this year. My school sixth form will be fine with it, because I'm maintaing good grades, but I don't particulary want to go there... There another one which I want to go to instead, but I can see them saying no.

The downside of the failure of attendance was that most teachers didn't bother to send coursework, no matter how much I nagged. So I'm now behind in English (which I am bothered about) and Media (nyeh... I can't honestly say I care). I'm having a disagreement with my History teacher about my conclusion for my coursework - I disagree with what he thinks. He says he won't downgrade me, but suggests that last paragraph will get me an A rather than a B. Plus it's meant to be no more than 750 words! How are you supposed to get everything in that? I don't think it's nearly detailed enough, but I'm already over the limit... I think I'm missing a piece for Science, which if I find out I am, I'm going to go nuts. I did the main piece, and there's another piece we're doing later this year too. I don't know about anything else... I got my psychology stuff done, A* which I was chuffed with, so if I don't pass, well...

And I have a retake to do in Nove,ber! I got a D in Maths. Well, it was a two piece thing, and I got just under a B in one, and a D in the other. It wasn't far from a C, but it wasn't good. It's because we had a crap teacher. This year we don't, thank God, so I should pass it.

Argh, but I'm so stressed! I'm glad it's Friday tomorrow. Then half term soon, too.

Aw...I''m sorry it came out that way... I'm more of a creative soul too..

Oh... Well now that you've started, I think it's worth finishing it. If you want to, you can always go back...

I'll have to choose my area next year, painful decision ...

Yeah sure- now I'll do my best to finish this school asap, and then hopefully I'll something in my life that'll make me happy and complete.

Before you choose anything just think really very well and hard about it. I hope you'll find and do something you'll aboslutely love.:wink2:

I'm also nurse, in pediatrics, but I'm not working, currently I'm full time student, and I'm not even capable to do just that properly I failed important exam last week, so I'm miserable at the moment :sad:

Awww, don't worry. I know how it's like to fail very important exams (I'm an expert on this:naughty:)-- you'll pass it the next the time, and I'm sure you'll be a great doctor so just stick to it no matter how hard it gets from time to time. We need good people like you to become doctors.:wink2:

Uh I wouldn't know...I don't even wanna think about it cuz scared just to think about going out there and trying to find a job in my area...especially cuz it's SO easy.:mf_rosetinted:

Hmmm...maybe you should take a short break to think about it good- to see what is that makes you happy and where you see yourself in the future.

Hope you'll find your dream job soon.:wink2: