SOPHIE'S THE WORD GIRL...look!

willywonka

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought the same thing, because Mika isn't like other songwriters. Maybe because of the dyslexia, he's also a visual artist. That's why we have all his wonderful characters. Lollipop Girl, Big Girl, Billy Brown, and of course, Gray Skelly. This, apart from the music, is what makes Mika so exciting.

When he works with someone, I don't think it's ever just randem gameplaying, and I really love how he get's us all excited about someone else, whom we would never have known about if it wasn't for him.

I really love being a Mika fan. It's so amazing!!

exactamundo! maybe it is just a game at first...but once it's been finished the drawing will tell it's own story. Maybe Mika will write a song after it's been completed. How exciting! I doubt this is just a random game he wants to share with us. There's more to it than meets the eye I think.

"How about we start the drawing of a girl?"

Looks like he already had something in mind!

Never before I spent so much time thinking about an image or a drawing. But now I can stop thinking about it and I have a lot of fun to follow your thoughts here.

My interpretation of the " home for the words " is that Mika shows us a little bit of his colourful world full of words and thoughts. And I can´t wait to see what Sophie will do next.

I find the alphabet on the right interesting….it’s normal at first but then it goes AA BB CC etcetc….like as if it’s meant to be a poem’s rhyming scheme or something. Interesting.[/i]

I wonder if it is a musical reference - you can use A, B etc to label themes and patterns in music - or it could relate to the rhymes in a song.

I love the way Mika has reflected the letters on either side of the path - he's done it very precisely :thumb_yello:

I have another interpretation of the picture. Mika is having trouble finishing off his songs because the word girl is stealing his words, just as playing with Sophie is using his time and imagination in real life:bleh:

Get back to work, Mika :mad3::mf_rosetinted:

This whole game project was taken fom surrealism’s CADAVRE EXQUIS (Exquisite Corpse), in which there was a preposition of creating a piece of art from keeping up another artist's work from where he supposedly left it...

Posted by sophie blackall in her blog:

"Here is Mika's response to the girl with the box. He's built her an alphabet house, and the whole thing has taken on a narrative quality. We are being very polite with each other so far; leaving lots of white space. That might all be about to change... cue maniacal cackle.

This is what I did with Mika's note. Our girl is now in LA wondering what is to become of her. (Well no, she's just a drawing, so incapable of wondering at all.) I gave her an empty box, thinking something might spring out of it, moths maybe, or bulging vapors... but I suspect Mika's too clever to do anything so obvious. We'll have to wait and see...

Posted by sophie blackall in her blog:

"Here is Mika's response to the girl with the box. He's built her an alphabet house, and the whole thing has taken on a narrative quality. We are being very polite with each other so far; leaving lots of white space. That might all be about to change... cue maniacal cackle.

This is what I did with Mika's note. Our girl is now in LA wondering what is to become of her. (Well no, she's just a drawing, so incapable of wondering at all.) I gave her an empty box, thinking something might spring out of it, moths maybe, or bulging vapors... but I suspect Mika's too clever to do anything so obvious. We'll have to wait and see...

Interesting, thanks for posting!

Do you happen to have a link to Sophie Blackall's blog.:thumb_yello:

There's a riddle to be solved (remark all words in the box and on the floor):

MIKA

AT

SHE'LL

HANDFUL

ALWAYS

INNOCENT

SOMETIMES

LOST

FOREVER

END

ALSO

THE GIRL'S DRESS WAS MADE OF MIKA'S NOTE TO HER!!!

SHE STOLE HIM WORDS!!!

"She was called the word girl"

but she's not that INNOCENT, coz she's ALWAYS stealing MIKA's words in HANDFULS

"for the words weren't always hers"

and she keeps looking behind, running away with a box, to keep them AT her safe word house but SOMETIMES they get LOST in the rush, ...

"so letters were all she had."

So SHE'LL forever be stealing him words, and ALSO loosing them, so she'll keep having but letters in the END.

Am I gettin this right?

haha...well i like it:wink2:

think it might could be 1 of solutions:wink2: