Do you put genders to numbers/letters/days of the week?

musicfreak

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's called Synesthesia.

There's different forms of it. I had it mildly when I was a kid. I think it went hand-in-hand with my Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

I used to do it with music notes when I played piano.

I do this absolutely. I think for me it is related to Asperger's which shares a lot of symptoms with OCD.

I talked about perfumes with a friend today and I realised I associate colours to odours too. Like if I'm wearing brown, there are some perfumes I cannot put because the colour doesn't fit lol. Weird eh?

Guys, I just wanted to thank you all! :D I now have an interesting subject for the linguistics work I will have to do next year! :D And I can take myself as a subject haha :naughty:

I can use this thread, too, so cool!! hehe

So we've become some kind of social expirement:roftl:

I talked about perfumes with a friend today and I realised I associate colours to odours too. Like if I'm wearing brown, there are some perfumes I cannot put because the colour doesn't fit lol. Weird eh?

That is interesting...do you think of certain smells with diffrent colors, or just some smells/colors don't go together?

I don't really know how to describe it... It's not that I really associate a colour with a smell, it's more that some smells don't fit with some colours haha. Like, I cannot wear Lolita Lampika if I have a light blue T-shirt. I know it's really weird...