What are you expecting from MIKA's second album?

Or it could be good but appeal to completely different people (like Amy Winehouse's 2nd album).

Or it could be a bit better but not much.

Or it could be cheesier and more commercial in an "I've run out of ideas sort of way.

... I certainly don't agree that there's only 2 options.

I agree with you. It's not a question of bad or good. There are probably always songs you like less, and everyone has a different taste.

I hope it will be amazing, and not cheesy. I mean, I like Erase, but an album filled with Erase like songs, I dunno if I'd like that.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Or it could be good but appeal to completely different people (like Amy Winehouse's 2nd album).

Or it could be a bit better but not much.

Or it could be cheesier and more commercial in an "I've run out of ideas sort of way.

... I certainly don't agree that there's only 2 options.

It's not about what the album is like. It's about the 2 ways the album could do. There is no mediocre way

To be honest i like his high notes and yes there is more to mika than just the high notes we all know that. But one thing i've noticed about Mika from his live perfromances is that with most tenor singers their voice is quite strong in mid range, where as Mika's mid range is quite weak, but Mika makes up for that because he has a very strong falestto, i've not only noticed this with Mika i've also noticed the same with Barry Gibb (of the Bee Gee's) and Jake Shears (of the Scissor Sisters) and dare i say it but i've even notice the same thing with Me. It seems me that some singers with a high falsetto seem to have a weak mid range (with exception of some singers i.e Freddie Mercury). I think Mika knows that has a weak mid range which may be your answer to why he likes to sing in falsetto. I'm not saying his tenor voice is crap because it's not, i fact a love it. It' just a theory !!!! and anyway why r SOME !!! people saying as if falsetto is a bad thing ???. Falestto is real real real big big big talent MOST !!!!! male singers don't even have a high falestto thats why they stick to singing in tenor, baritone etc : Mika is blessed with a high falestto

On the second album, personally i'm trusting Mika into making a great album, i don't wanna to put pressure on him (like none of us do), i'm just looking forward to hear new songs from him, and cus love he's music one album isn't enough lol. I would love to see HMDYLM,Rain, Or Holy Johnny on the album, wheather they'll be on the album i don't know, i know some r saying that the songs r repetative but to be honest Big Girls And Relax r very repetative and they did really well in the charts. I also agree with sienna, i too would love to see a Love songs on the album and also one or two Angry ones, but like i said i trust Mika into making a good album because he seems to be taking very seriously which is a very good thing !!!!!!

To be honest i like his high notes and yes there is more to mika than just the high notes we all know that. But one thing i've noticed about Mika from his live perfromances is that with most tenor singers their voice is quite strong in mid range, where as Mika's mid range is quite weak, but Mika makes up for that because he has a very strong falestto, i've not only noticed this with Mika i've also noticed the same with Barry Gibb (of the Bee Gee's) and Jake Shears (of the Scissor Sisters) and dare i say it but i've even notice the same thing with Me. It seems me that some singers with a high falsetto seem to have a weak mid range (with exception of some singers i.e Freddie Mercury). I think Mika knows that has a weak mid range which may be your answer to why he likes to sing in falsetto. I'm not saying his tenor voice is crap because it's not, i fact a love it. It' just a theory !!!! and anyway why r SOME !!! people saying as if falsetto is a bad thing ???. Falestto is real real real big big big talent MOST !!!!! male singers don't even have a high falestto thats why they stick to singing in tenor, baritone etc : Mika is blessed with a high falestto

On the second album, personally i'm trusting Mika into making a great album, i don't wanna to put pressure on him (like none of us do), i'm just looking forward to hear new songs from him, and cus love he's music one album isn't enough lol. I would love to see HMDYLM,Rain, Or Holy Johnny on the album, wheather they'll be on the album i don't know, i know some r saying that the songs r repetative but to be honest Big Girls And Relax r very repetative and they did really well in the charts. I also agree with sienna, i too would love to see a Love songs on the album and also one or two Angry ones, but like i said i trust Mika into making a good album because he seems to be taking very seriously which is a very good thing !!!!!!

Mika and falsetto goes hand in hand, it has become his trademark, and I really love it!:wub2:

You’re so right, not many male singers has the ability of such a wide range of notes; I love how he’s using his voice that way.:blush-anim-cl:

And it’s not a thin and squeaky falsetto, it’s full and steady!:wub2:

I'd prefer if he didn't have Rain... It's too high pitched and irritating...

It's like Gave It All Away... if he uses that song I will slap him...

I could live with How Much Do You Love Me... I tolerate it...

I could def live with Holy Johnny, though I doubt that it will be on there cause it's been performed for about 18 months...

wait what song??? gave it all away:shocked: is this the one that boys zone was supposed to have??? i havent heard of it yet omg omg omg omg

As Keti said, with this album, there are 2 possibilities:

1. It will be even bigger than LICM.

2. It will be a total disaster.

Ugh, that makes me feel sick to my stomach. I used to have unfailing faith in Mika's ability to produce another great album, but Rain has really, really put me off. Generally I just try not to think about this album now.

anyway why r SOME !!! people saying as if falsetto is a bad thing ???. Falestto is real real real big big big talent MOST !!!!! male singers don't even have a high falestto thats why they stick to singing in tenor, baritone etc

It may require talent but that doesn't make it any less grating on the ears when there is too much of it. And I'm not sure about his falsetto being stronger than the mid range. He seems to be strained at times on stage and the regular singing would give him a much needed break during concerts.

I don't know if it's relatively weak, but I think his lower tones are very soothing and I prefer them to the falsetto unless the falsetto is used very sparingly, as it is in Holy Johnny.

I fear a move to a more "elctronic" sound (I use the term very loosely). Like HMDYLM has, like the closing "Relax" at PDP.

I really like the techno thing and actually wish he'd go more in this direction. But I think he'll stick with more pure pop as that is his style even though he experiments in concert and he seems to like techno music.

If he's got some more songs like Relax and Love Today I'd like to hear him do his own dance mixes instead of leaving it to others. I heard a really good Love Today mix recently but the millions of Relax mixes are generally crap. I think Mika is good at rearranging and interpreting his own songs as all the other versions of Relax he's done have made it one of my favourite songs.

I think it will be similar .. the same structure seems to be in place for the artwork , the family member maybe talking ...

I just think it will be a progression from LICM :thumb_yello:

LICM part 2

I don't think so. Maybe the artwork is the same because that is Yasmine's style of drawing, but I think Mika damn well realizes he can't do another LICM, because that would kill his career.

I'd have thought another LICM was the safe bet for his career. Doing somehting different is the risky one.

Plenty of artists make the same record over and over

Oh, and I agree with Christine that I'd like to see Mika directed remixes- I think he likes to play with his songs rather than set them in stone once he's got them how he likes them. And I also agree that there's not a lot of good ones. Unfortunately there's not enough for me to buy them.

Edited by Soaring Simpson

I don't know if it's relatively weak, but I think his lower tones are very soothing and I prefer them to the falsetto unless the falsetto is used very sparingly, as it is in Holy Johnny.

I love it when he uses the lower part of his vocal range. Like in that acoustic version of Relax without 'Relax' :lol3:, performed in Jo Whiley's house last winter :wub2: I just love the colour of his voice during the non-falsetto parts. It doesn't need volume at all.

I really like the techno thing and actually wish he'd go more in this direction.

Try that, Mika! :bonk::naughty:

Down with the Relax Rave! JC_boo.gif:thumbdown:

I deffinately wouldn't want people to think I don't like Mika's falsetto! I actually love to hear it when he does sing high. The first song of his I took notice of was, Love today, which is a lot of falsetto and it's when I came to love him.

But when I heard his lower range, I fell for that part of his voice as well, and the point I was making in an earlier post is, that Mika should use more of his range in the songs he writes and sings. The point is, only Mika can do it, because no one else (from what I've heard) could pull it off like him, being able to sing high, and also low..

I'd have to disagree that his lower register is weak. I don't think it is. I think, when he sings high, he sends chills down my spine, when he sings low, he fills my heart with warmth. I suppose what I'm trying to say is, I'd love Mika to sing high (sometimes) and lower, or mid range (sometimes) I think that all of his octaves are awesome.

uhmm... i'll be short with what i expect from his new album...

I HAVE NO IDEA! but definitely something even crazier(in the good way) and greater.

uhmm just an offtopic question. is it just me that doesn't like any remixes?

i mean i am an anti-remix person...simply because there aren't any that i like... but is it just me? :blink:

i agree the idea it's nice ...to have a song and play with it.... but i don't like the results.

so i hope there will be no remixes :D he can release remixed singles like he did until now :naughty:

I think it will be similar .. the same structure seems to be in place for the artwork , the family member maybe talking ...

I just think it will be a progression from LICM :thumb_yello:

LICM part 2

I hope he won't call it LICM 2 or something:naughty:

I deffinately wouldn't want people to think I don't like Mika's falsetto! I actually love to hear it when he does sing high. The first song of his I took notice of was, Love today, which is a lot of falsetto and it's when I came to love him.

But when I heard his lower range, I fell for that part of his voice as well, and the point I was making in an earlier post is, that Mika should use more of his range in the songs he writes and sings. The point is, only Mika can do it, because no one else (from what I've heard) could pull it off like him, being able to sing high, and also low..

I'd have to disagree that his lower register is weak. I don't think it is. I think, when he sings high, he sends chills down my spine, when he sings low, he fills my heart with warmth. I suppose what I'm trying to say is, I'd love Mika to sing high (sometimes) and lower, or mid range (sometimes) I think that all of his octaves are awesome.

Awesome post!:wub2:

uhmm just an offtopic question. is it just me that doesn't like any remixes?

i mean i am an anti-remix person...simply because there aren't any that i like... but is it just me? :blink:

i agree the idea it's nice ...to have a song and play with it.... but i don't like the results.

so i hope there will be no remixes :D he can release remixed singles like he did until now :naughty:

I don't like the remixes that much either. The Lollipop remixes are actually the only ones that I really like.