should Mika make a Christmas single?  

147 members have voted

1. 1. should Mika make a Christmas single?

• Hell yeah I'd buy it
    • No way there's far too many naff Christmas songs about
    • not bothered I don't celebrate Christmas anyway
    • no way Christmas songs are way too tacky

Ha ha made you look :bleh: but do you think he should make a :newyear: Christmas :newyear: song, maybe it's too late for this year but there is always NEXT year lol and we really DO need some new ones I like the old ones but I bet Mika could write an awesome Christmas hit.

Noooo. That would be like...stupid.:naughty: releasing single on Christmas...but I would by it tho :bleh:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it was George Michael who sang it.

It was Wham!

I know George was the singer in them, but I like being pedantic:roftl:

And Mika would sing that well.

Also White Christmas would suit his voice.

But I would love him to sing Kate Bushes, December Will be Magic Again. It's a beautiful Christmas song.

Hellll yeah, I'd buy a Christmas song by Mika! I love Christmas songs, especially if they're really really cheesy :biggrin2:

"Let's all have CHICKEN this Christmas"

Woke up this Christmas morn

didn't want presents like before

could smell and taste my hearts desire

chicken with you by an open fire.

:chkn: Chicken :chkn: around the Christmas Tree sounds good to me :naughty:

Hahahahaha! :roftl: Both of those would be great!

I really would like to hear Mika singing a Christmas Song!! because I love that special time with all traditions - but on the other hand it could be a little bit .. ähm, strange when Mika sings a song like "Silent Night" in his special style ;). I am sure he gives each Xmas Song a new colour.

I don't think he would do it, but sure why not?! I want him to record this one:

I think if he does he could call it

"Let's all have CHICKEN this Christmas"

Woke up this Christmas morn

didn't want presents like before

could smell and taste my hearts desire

chicken with you by an open fire.

(please feel free to add you own ideas for the lyrics) :naughty::bleh:

:lmao:

..and YOU accuse his demos of being cheesy?

Can you imagine how cheesy Mika would sound singing a typical Christmas song? :thumbdown:

If I bought it, It would be because it's Mika. :naughty: Sorry but I don't think he could do something amazing about Christmas, it's just a tacky topic for itself.

edit: Sparkly's idea is good! I take back what I said :naughty:

OMG! :shocked:

Yes, yes, yes!

Mika singing Last Christmas would be the best Christmas present EVER. It would suit his voice so perfectly! :wub2:

I love the Savage Garden version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSq2kz8uT2I

It's okay, but I stick with the original.

It was Wham!

I know George was the singer in them, but I like being pedantic:roftl:

And Mika would sing that well.

Also White Christmas would suit his voice.

But I would love him to sing Kate Bushes, December Will be Magic Again. It's a beautiful Christmas song.

Ah man! I've always found that song quite scary. :naughty:Dunno why.

It sounds kinda dark IMO.

"Oh curling iron, oh curling iron, you're curling heat delights us,

Oh curling iron, oh curling iron, the many curls you har-ness.

You make us feel like we can fly, when he has curls we touch the sky,

Oh curling iron, Oh curling iron, you're friend who straightens betrays us."

I think he should make one, but a REVOLUTIONARY one of course! He should apply his own Life in Cartoon Motion style to it. It should be super happy and with nice lyrics. Maybe he can round his Life in Cartoon Motion period off with a last single from his good ol' album? Christmas hits don't have to be about Christmas, after all! :naughty:

I think he should make one, but a REVOLUTIONARY one of course! He should apply his own Life in Cartoon Motion style to it. It should be super happy and with nice lyrics. Maybe he can round his Life in Cartoon Motion period off with a last single from his good ol' album? Christmas hits don't have to be about Christmas, after all! :naughty:

I have to disagree, I think Christmas songs DO have to be about Christmas in some way shape or form otherwise he could bring it out at Easter n have it about CHICKENS and eggs :naughty: mwahaha!

I like the idea of his LICM phase coming to it's conclusion with a nice Christmas single, he could have rainbow snow (confetti in other words) YEEEY pretty huh :wink2:for the finale they can dress up as reindeer, polar bears, penguins (hey room for Rose there I see :thumb_yello:) etc etc...oh I can see it all now Grey Skelly in red like father Christmas, Lollipop girl can be the good little girl who gets lots of lollies off Santa (GS again), Billy brown can be one of the elves, Big girl can be mother Christmas, Mika can be the angel (no change there then :wub2::naughty:).

I would love for Mika to record a Christmas song! I love Christmas music. The best part about Halloween being over, and getting into November, is being able to listen to Christmas music.

I'm sure he could write an original Christmas tune, but I think I'd rather hear him cover a classic. Like Oh Holy Night or Oh Come All Ye Faithful. :wub2:

I like the old fashioned Christmas songs, so unless he did a classic sort of one that's original...then yes.

I think a regular single would be a lot better though.:naughty:

I would love it if he did One Small Child. It's not a well known Christmas song but it's beautiful and old fashioned (ie religious). I've looked for a version on youtube to link to you, but so far I haven't found one I'd be happy to share with anyone that does the song justice.

Originally Posted by mark0495

I think he should make one, but a REVOLUTIONARY one of course! He should apply his own Life in Cartoon Motion style to it. It should be super happy and with nice lyrics. Maybe he can round his Life in Cartoon Motion period off with a last single from his good ol' album? Christmas hits don't have to be about Christmas, after all!

I have to disagree, I think Christmas songs DO have to be about Christmas in some way shape or form otherwise he could bring it out at Easter n have it about CHICKENS and eggs mwahaha!

I like the idea of his LICM phase coming to it's conclusion with a nice Christmas single, he could have rainbow snow (confetti in other words) YEEEY pretty huh for the finale they can dress up as reindeer, polar bears, penguins (hey room for Rose there I see ) etc etc...oh I can see it all now Grey Skelly in red like father Christmas, Lollipop girl can be the good little girl who gets lots of lollies off Santa (GS again), Billy brown can be one of the elves, Big girl can be mother Christmas, Mika can be the angel (no change there then ).

I think Christmas SONGS have to be about Christmas, and as I said if he makes a new Christmas song it would be perfectly fine, as long as he does it in his own style; what I mean with

Christmas hits don't have to be about Christmas, after all!

is that traditional Christmas songs don't top the charts very often, and songs which do top the charts around Christmas can be a hit at Christmas, so a Christmas hit. Hard to explain, but maybe you know what I mean. :bleh:

• 1 year later...