1. 1. Who would you vote for/ Who did you vote for? *NOT JUST U.S CITIZENS

• John McCain + Sarah Palin
    • Barack Obama + Joe Biden

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

just as you start to believe the world might not be as bad a place as you thought, you're knocked back to reality ey :boxed:

Indeed. :thumbdown: But I guess that's how battles are usually won: one at a time and occasionally there are set-backs.

I've quoted Barack Obama's victory speech elsewhere and I think that his election is a good sign for gay rights at least:

"It's the answer spoken by young and old, rich and poor, Democrat and Republican, black, white, Latino, Asian, Native American, gay, straight, disabled and not disabled - Americans who sent a message to the world that we have never been a collection of Red States and Blue States: we are, and always will be, the United States of America."

Edited by SuperTwat

Hello Everyone!!!!

I haven't been on board for a very, very long time!! It's not that I lost interest - but truth be told, I've been having such an incredibly hard time that every ounce of energy that I have possessed has been devoted to survival.....:badmood:

However, being the survivor that I am, I'm STILL HERE!!! Struggling and fighting every second, 24/7....:thumb_yello:

That's why tonight's U.S. election instills such a mood of optimism.... President-elect Barack Obama rose from the ranks of being an underdog to claim a huge victory over John McCain. His message of "Yes We Can" has captured such a sense of confidence... and not only in the U.S. but here in Canada and undoubtedly throughout the world.

During this time of adversity Obama offers a beacon of hope... something that has not been evident in American politics as well as throughout the planet for what seems like an eternity. I pray that his presidency will continue to encourage this scenario of aspiration and good will. It most definitely reminds me that perhaps we should finally reflect an air of confidence where none existed before.

By the way - I have begun writing my book of memoirs - not just therapy for me but a message (or messages) that are crying out to be told.

It's great to be back....

Hello Everyone!!!!

I haven't been on board for a very, very long time!! It's not that I lost interest - but truth be told, I've been having such an incredibly hard time that every ounce of energy that I have possessed has been devoted to survival.....:badmood:

However, being the survivor that I am, I'm STILL HERE!!! Struggling and fighting every second, 24/7....:thumb_yello:

That's why tonight's U.S. election instills such a mood of optimism.... President-elect Barack Obama rose from the ranks of being an underdog to claim a huge victory over John McCain. His message of "Yes We Can" has captured such a sense of confidence... and not only in the U.S. but here in Canada and undoubtedly throughout the world.

During this time of adversity Obama offers a beacon of hope... something that has not been evident in American politics as well as throughout the planet for what seems like an eternity. I pray that his presidency will continue to encourage this scenario of aspiration and good will. It most definitely reminds me that perhaps we should finally reflect an air of confidence where none existed before.

By the way - I have begun writing my book of memoirs - not just therapy for me but a message (or messages) that are crying out to be told.

Welcome back :huglove:

This is the first time I'm happy of how a US presidential election went. I mean we all know how great the past 2 have been ... :glasses2:

Obama really impressed me from the first time've seen him on Leno (yes Leno) 2 years ago.

So it's good to see someone who actually uses the brain that has been given to him!

At some point ,you have to let go of the mentality that you can only be patriotic and appropriate for the White House if you have white hair and don't have any of your teeth anymore

So yeah,this time,I am truly happy,so

GREAT THAT IT'S OBAMA! :yay: :yay: :yay:

p.s: with all seriousness,had I been a republican,I still wouldn't have voted because of Palin

This is the first time I'm happy of how a US presidential election went. I mean we all know how great the past 2 have been ... :glasses2:

Obama really impressed me from the first time've seen him on Leno (yes Leno) 2 years ago.

So it's good to see someone who actually uses the brain that has been given to him!

At some point ,you have to let go of the mentality that you can only be patriotic and appropriate for the White House if you have white hair and don't have any of your teeth anymore

So yeah,this time,I am truly happy,so

GREAT THAT IT'S OBAMA! :yay: :yay: :yay:

p.s: with all seriousness,had I been a republican,I still wouldn't have voted because of Palin

OMFG!!!! Palin would've set the women's movement back several centuries!!!!:boxed:

OMFG!!!! Palin would've set the women's movement back several centuries!!!!:boxed:

I agree. This woman is just too scary. I find it hard to believe that women like her even exist.

Hello Everyone!!!!

Welcome back:mf_lustslow: Is the hard time over now?

I agree. This woman is just too scary. I find it hard to believe that women like she even exist.

I am still trying to be sure... is she truly stupid or just liking the act? :blink:

What that woman let out of her mouth was just one slap to the forehead after another... "I can see Russia from my back yard" ? :boxed: That was sadly just the beginning

How can you let someone do foreign politics,that isn't even aware when a canadian radio dude is laughin his a** off pretending he's Szarkozy

I agree. This woman is just too scary. I find it hard to believe that women like she even exist.

Oh yeah - they're out there..... they believe in beauty pageants and pro-life - which means there is no room to negotiate abortion rights - even if a woman is raped..... Sarah Palin also endorsed hunting - shooting innocent animals just for sport...... she also had NO CONCEPT about foreign policy ... or anything else, for that matter.... I COULD NOT BELIEVE that these 2 clowns were actually in a race for the White House...... Pathetic Personified!!!:shocked::boxed:

I am still trying to be sure... is she truly stupid or just liking the act? :blink:

What that woman let out of her mouth was just one slap to the forehead after another... "I can see Russia from my back yard" ? :boxed: That was sadly just the beginning

How can you let someone do foreign politics,that isn't even aware when a canadian radio dude is laughin his a** off pretending he's Szarkozy

Oh Yeah!!!!! Did you hear that interview???? These 2 comedians from Montreal baited her and gave her every opportunity in the book to realize she was being punked!!! She is a dork!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank god they lost!!!!:thumbdown:

Oh Yeah!!!!! Did you hear that interview???? These 2 comedians from Montreal baited her and gave her every opportunity in the book to realize she was being punked!!! She is a dork!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank god they lost!!!!:thumbdown:

I did... I was sure all the names were wrong to begin with,googled them after to be sure.

It was pathetic,it was pathetic how she answered the phone,it was pathetic what topics she talked about...it was all pathetic for someone who has the audacity to ask for your vote

I was just watching the reactions of the wives of the candidates. I mean Obama is so much more real,McCain is just the "i need to have a woman...let's fake happiness nicely "

For her own good it'd be the best if she could just say she's acting but I'm afraid that's not the case with her. IMO she just IS that stupid.

Oh yeah - they're out there..... they believe in beauty pageants and pro-life - which means there is no room to negotiate abortion rights - even if a woman is raped..... Sarah Palin also endorsed hunting - shooting innocent animals just for sport...... she also had NO CONCEPT about foreign policy ... or anything else, for that matter.... I COULD NOT BELIEVE that these 2 clowns were actually in a race for the White House...... Pathetic Personified!!!:shocked::boxed:

My thoughts exactly. They have, IMO, the most hypocritical politics of all time. And I'm not talking about the republicans only, the same thing happens in Europe with right-centred politicians. Their beliefs are so- behind- if you know what I'm trying to say. They always give me that scary feeling of pushing one country years and years behind.

I did... I was sure all the names were wrong to begin with,googled them after to be sure.

It was pathetic,it was pathetic how she answered the phone,it was pathetic what topics she talked about...it was all pathetic for someone who has the audacity to ask for your vote

I was just watching the reactions of the wives of the candidates. I mean Obama is so much more real,McCain is just the "i need to have a woman...let's fake happiness nicely "

"I'll go find some and get back to you".

"You betcha!"

And then she laughs when the comedian says that killing animals (taking a life) was so great...........

Tina Fey had the story straight....:naughty: hahahaha

"I'll go find some and get back to you".

"You betcha!"

And then she laughs when the comedian says that killing animals (taking a life) was so great...........

Tina Fey had the story straight....:naughty: hahahaha

I just saw this "You just earned the puppy that's coming with us at the white house" :lol3: Love it! haha

Tina Fey was amazing! That "You betcha!" thing is such a rudimentary strategy...it's almost insulting the intelligence of voters

Let's use idiotic language,they'll looove it!

I like how with Obama you see that he's not gonna take anything jokingly unless it's called for. He knows exactly when to do what,and he's got his goals very well set.

My thoughts exactly. They have, IMO, the most hypocritical politics of all time. And I'm not talking about the republicans only, the same thing happens in Europe with right-centred politicians. Their beliefs are so- behind- if you know what I'm trying to say. They always give me that scary feeling of pushing one country years and years behind.

Oh really? Examples please? :naughty: I don't think you can say all european right-wing politicians are the same. The UK torries have very little in comon with Berlusconi's italian right wing and in my own country, it's actually very hard to tell who's "left" and who's "right" when you look at the facts. You have to be careful with generalizations like these, seriously.

Oh really? Examples please? :naughty: I don't think you can say all european right-wing politicians are the same. The UK torries have very little in comon with Berlusconi's italian right wing and in my own country, it's actually very hard to tell who's "left" and who's "right" when you look at the facts. You have to be careful with generalizations like these, seriously.

I'm with you there- it's hard to say whether labour or conservative are further right at the moment.

And I'd like some examples about Obama- the telly's been full of Americans saying they're voting for Obama because they want change- I've been longing to ask them "change what, exactly". His biggest problem might be that they all have different (unarticulated) answers

And he'd better have a good exit strategy for Iraq. You can't barge into a country, overthrow the government, disband the security forces then say "oops, our mistake- bye bye!" (I imagine he does- but I'm concerned that the electorate might not give him a chance to implement it)

I just woke up to go to the bathroom, but then remembered it's for REAL!!!!

when is the last time something this big, this POSITIVE happened?

and in Grant Park, too, I feel Chicago has redeemed itself.

that was the sight 40 years ago of the riots around the Democratic National Convention here, when they called the riot police out and people were chanting 'the whole world is watching'

I always feel emotional about that, because I love this city so much, there was such fear and hatred and negativity, and plus that's exactly when I was born!

so now 40 years later the same spot full of happy, hopeful people makes me cry, they weren't drunk from a festival, or only there to see fireworks on July the 4 th, or to see a concert,

they were there to witness history, something GOOD IS COMING!

it feels like I woke up Christmas morning to find Santa, the Tooth Fairy AND the Easter Bunny!!!!!!