The LIVE RuRu report/Mini MFC Meet UP Thread

foalbaby14

• Replies 469
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

here's my report....it's also on my myspace.

friday:

i had a mini-twilight moment when we stopped at the dollar store. i was walking up to the register and saw a twilight article on a teeny bopper magazine and i screamed a little. when i got to the register, i said 'hi'to the cashier he goes '....hi. i'm still recovering from your scream'. we got to melbourne around....2? i can't remember anymore. we couldn't find our hotel, so we decided to find the kings center. we found it and it was gorgeous. there were a few ru-posters up, so we got pictures of them. after that, we went to the beach and it was sooo pretty. the first thing we did was write 'rufus' in the sand. then we went to find out hotel. we got there, and the concierge was sooo gay. i spoke to him on the phone earlier and i could totes tell. the hotel was sooo nice! i loved the colors and they had these fish plate things on the wall, and they were so cute! a while after we checked in, we went to find dinner. melbourne had an a&w and i really wanted to got there. so i got corndog nuggets. over the drive-thru speaker, the cashier asked how many nuggets i wanted, and holly replied, literally, 5 times before she finally accepted her answer. we broke out laughing hysterically the last time. holly got dinner next door at wendys lol. we ate dinner watching 'jon and kate plus 8'. in any city, i love that show. then we started getting ready. i decided to wear my purple dress because it was the least dressy of the to dressiest shows.

we got to the kings center about 15 minutes before they opened the doors and inside, we waited about 20 minutes to be seated. luckily, we had a nice usher and we talked about josh groban. when we got in, our seats were soo much closer then we imagined! and they were perfectly angled so we were able to see his facial expressions. when rufus came out, he looked stunning! he was wearing a black shirt that had small flowers, with a black blazer and jeans. and it looked like he had a roll of quarters in his pocket. he opened with grey gardens and closed with cigarettes and chocolate milk. his encore songs were leaving for paris, hallelujah and, foolish love. after the show, we went round to the security gates to wait for him. after about an hour, his car pulls out of the gate and he walked out. i almost died. when he got to me, i asked for a picture and he said 'yes'. i'm not a big fan of my picture with him. i put a hoodie on cause i was cold and that hoodie does not photograph well. it looked like my boobs were going to over take him. holly was lucky with her picture. i don't remember why, but i gave my camera to a girl and the screen went dark while she tried to the picture of rufus and holly. so she gave my camera back and holly got to keep holding on to him. farther down the line, i had him sign my 'rufus, rufus, rufus' magnet for rachel.

saturday:

we had to wake up suppper early to be at the mini-mfc meet-up in oviedo. we left.... around 8:15. on the way we passed a fricke st. and holly drive. we got there at about 10 and brianna and laura were watching LiveICM. we went to a crafts fair sort of thing in town, and it was nice outside. i really wish i had money, cause i would have so bought something. after that, we went to the local mall. we spent a lot of time at hot topic, cause they had some awesome ass sale going on. i got a pair of red sunglasses for 2$...awesome. we had some grilled cheese sandwiches, and left. when we got to miami, it took about 15 minutes to find somewhere to get ready. stupid ****ing miami. driving there was so hellish. there was a car show at the convention center so the streets were packed and people down there are awful drivers. we got ready at a walgreens. luckily, no one walked in lol. again, we had to wait to be let in. but while we waited, someone that worked there was taking down rufus posters, so i grabbed one. when we were let in, i was soooo shocked! the two times that i had been to the fillmore, they had a pit section for standing. that night, they took down the baracade and put chairs up. our seats were right outside the pit and to the left. one of the boardies offered holly a better seat in row c, so of course she took it! it was sooo nice of them to offer her one! after about 5 minutes, i went over there cause no one filled that seat. we were soo much closer than our previous seats. rufus was wearing that same blazer, a white shirt, pink pants, and flip-flops. he told us a story about how he was wearing flip-flops and they broke, so he walked around miami beach with bare feet. he opened and closed with the same songs from friday. he added want and little sister to his set list. also he read and sang one of the sonnets from the project he's working on. it was a real treat. his encore songs were dinner at 8, complainte de la butte, and hallelujah. when he said he was going to sing a french song, i nearly died. complanint de la butte was the first rufus song i ever heard and hallelujah was the song that made me fall in love with him. holly cried during those 2 cause she never heard complainte de la butte and it was sooo beatiful. i got his.... i'm not shirt was she was... assistant? but she gave me his water bottle from the guitar. i immediatley took a sip. after the show, me and 2 other girls went around back to wait for him. the security guard said he'd come out from there. i went around to the other side where everyone else was to tell them, but they had just spoken to his aunt teddy and she said he'd be out where they were. why would aunt teddy lie? so we waited there and he ended up leaving from the back. stupid aunt teddy. but what evs. we had the next night. from miami, we drove all the way to palm beach. we got to the hotel at about midnight.

sunday:

we went to mc donalds for breakfast. yummy, yummy scrumboes. we had to check out at noon, so we were homeless for 6 hours. we went to walgreens a few times and went to the gardens mall. it was sooo nice and posh. we walked around for about 2 hours and went out to look for some place to have dinner. we decided on dennys cause i had a ten, and we were going to split a grandslam. i ate most of it cause i was sooo fricking hungry. i even ordered extra hash browns. holly was too nervous to eat lol. we got ready in their bathroom and headed off to the kravis center for the champagne reception. we got there really early, so we waited outside and took pictures. our seats were the closest all weekend and we're dead center. he added memphis skyline and peach trees to the set. he was wearing a blue shirt with a white collar and blue jeans. no quarters : [. he messed up a lot that night, but it was so cute, nobody cared. his encores were leaving for paris, hallelujah, and foolish love. someone grabbed his water for me and i got kelly to give me another bottle. the one from the guitar was the one he drank from, so i got it for rachel. but it wasn't until later that i realized my dad can't bring that on a plane, so i gave it to holly. we gathered with the boardies to get backstage. they already had a deal with dave, the tourmanager, to let all of them bakstage. so when one of the boardies ended their group right in front of us, we had to beg dave to let us back. he finally gave in. when we got back there, rufus was giving everyone kisses and handshakes. holly was infront of me and she didn't realize that he was doing a double kiss and she accidentally KISSED HIM ON THE MOUTH!!!! i was ssooooo jealous!! but i got to give him a double kiss also and he grabbed my arms. he was so stubly. we took a group picture with him and i got him to sign my cd cover. after that, we went round back to wait again. we waited for about 30 minutes and there he was. we both got pics of him and i looove mine! this time, i also got to smell him. he smelled like old cigarettes. but i'm sure it was because of the jacket he kept wearing.

and that was it. it was one of the most amazing experiences of my life and i regret nothing.

Holly and Alex - thanks for your reports - what a brilliant time you had!! :wub2:

I can't BELEIVE what I just read on the Ru Boards!!! :shocked:

People are like:

I heard that some people that went backstage last night ALSO waited for him to come out AGAIN at the stage door..... That is taking it too far.... oh I hope this dosen't ruin it for the rest of us..... he is going to think we are all stalkers....

THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT ME AND ALEX --

cause we are the ONLY two that went backstage that waited after too.

It is not like it was instantaious we waited over an HOUR. RUFUS or his Tour manager SURE did not seem to mind!

I can't beleive the NERVE of these people....

Alex and I should NOT be suprised cause we got a taste of it already last night! THEY ARE NOT like us MFCers..... we all stick together and TRY to help one another as much as possible. They are like WOLVES when it comes to Rufus -- and the claws come out -- THANK GOD the MFCers are not like that when it comes to MIKA! We are happy for one another!

I think it is PURE jealousy or they would just keep their mouths shut.

Ignore them - they are jealous, and want to rant because it was not them!!

It happens with most places - and it HAS happened on the MFC as well

at some of the gigs. When folk are so mad about someone then all manners

and decent behaviour seems to go out the window!!

Just enjoy your memories - they are yours and no-one can take them

away from you :huglove:

OH GAWD Alex -- I just read your report and TOTALLY re-lived EVERY moment of it as I read. BRILLIANT!

I am still flying high today! ...and I don't think I will be visiting the Ru Boards much -- at least NOT to socialize that is for sure! :sneaky2:

:mf_rosetinted:

Ignore them - they are jealous, and want to rant because it was not them!!

It happens with most places - and it HAS happened on the MFC as well

at some of the gigs. When folk are so mad about someone then all manners

and decent behaviour seems to go out the window!!

Just enjoy your memories - they are yours and no-one can take them

away from you :huglove:

You are right Wendy! No one or nothing they can say will ever take away what is in my heart and mind forever! ♥

...and I kissed his lips so nothing will EVER bring me down! :roftl:

You are right Wendy! No one or nothing they can say will ever take away what is in my heart and mind forever! ♥

...and I kissed his lips so nothing will EVER bring me down! :roftl:

Glad you took the brown paper bag off for that part!! :roftl:

i've finally put all the pictures on photobucket

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/cheeseygoodness/rufus%20rufus%20rufus/

and allllll 30 something videos are here :naughty:

http://uk.youtube.com/cheeseygoodness

------------------------------------------------------

holly, on the rwmb, you said you didn't meet mike. he was the driver/inventor of the rubus. i introduced myself to him on friday. and he was the one talking to us in the lobby of the kravis center.:thumb_yello:

------------------------------------------------------

holly, on the rwmb, you said you didn't meet mike. he was the driver/inventor of the rubus. i introduced myself to him on friday. and he was the one talking to us in the lobby of the kravis center.:thumb_yello:

WRONG Mike Alex! Of course I know the RuBus driver Mike! He is Mr.AG on the RuBoards -- the MIKE I was talking to was one FROM Palm Beach... that was the only Florida show he went to.

I really really really think it was that little HOT guy all dressed up with the hat on -- cause he said that he went to the show BY himself AND he was at the Champagne reception! I think that was him :das:

AND he was sitting diagnolly right in front of me 2 rows up.... :naughty:

i don't remember a hot guy with a hat on.....hmmm.....

ARE YOU BLIND? He was a little shorty -- kinda looked spanish.... he was outside before we were let in .... then he was in the champagne reception and he was ALL alone. HOW COULD YOU MISS HIM? :das:

Alex -- I think I OFICIALLY caught the RuBug! :shocked:

All I want to do is see him .... and I am even willing to spend every penny I have doing so! This is a horrible disease!

NOT: Will work for food BUT

WILL WORK FOR RUFUS

GOD HELP ME

YUP that was him -- he had a hat on during the show! Wasn't he a hottie! :das:

ooh yes! i saw him!!!! he was dressed like the lead singer of panic at the disco....so i looked at him a lot :blush-anim-cl:

Alex -- I think I OFICIALLY caught the RuBug! :shocked:

All I want to do is see him .... and I am even willing to spend every penny I have doing so! This is a horrible disease!

NOT: Will work for food BUT

WILL WORK FOR RUFUS

GOD HELP ME

oh gosh. i'm scared for you :shocked:

tomorrow is my first day back to work. it's going to be hard :thumbdown:

oh gosh. i'm scared for you :shocked:

tomorrow is my first day back to work. it's going to be hard :thumbdown:

DON'T be scared for me! Be happy for me in all my misery! LOVING Rufus HURTS like hell ..... maybe I was meant to ♥ him for a reason! He inspires me like I have NEVER been inspired before -- I can feel ALOT of poetry coming out of this Love Affair!

ok, then i'm VERY happy for you :wub2:

ha ha ha!~

I have never been to Missouri before! THANKS to Rufus -- I JUST might get to see alot more of my country! I figure -- there is NO way I can travel abroad to see him -- so I might as well do the NEXT best thing ..... TRAVEL in my country WHEN EVER I can!!!! ♥

:wub2:

I have never BEEN like this with ANYONE! Not Freddie - Not Mika - this is WAY different! I A M beyond measure!

ha ha ha!~

I have never been to Missouri before! THANKS to Rufus -- I JUST might get to see alot more of my country! I figure -- there is NO way I can travel abroad to see him -- so I might as well do the NEXT best thing ..... TRAVEL in my country WHEN EVER I can!!!! ♥

I have never BEEN like this with ANYONE! Not Freddie - Not Mika - this is WAY different! I A M beyond measure!

Please don't beat me - but is RuRu not gay?

*runs away fast* :blink:

ha ha ha!~

there's not much to see besides the arch....and the budwieser factory.