Reviews dvd Parc Des Princes

Moonlightchild

it's a great gift for his fans...thanks mika! :wub2:

i'm almost speechless.........:shocked:

i cannot think properly....when i'm back to myself, i'll write some more comments!:naughty:

just a curiosity...who spotted an italian MOKA (not mika!) coffee maker on his stove?:wink2:

he knows how to have the best coffee!:punk:

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i cannot think properly....when i'm back to myself, i'll write some more comments!:naughty:

just a curiosity...who spotted an italian MOKA (not mika!) coffee maker on his stove?:wink2:

Aww please tell us more! :naughty:

I pictured the deluxe edition booklet completely now, so everyone can compare what is in the normal one as well (and danika can see some artwork :naughty:).

link :wink2:

I left the pic of written parts full size if people want to read it :bleh:

1000 THANKS to you :thumb_yello:

I wish to be on Monday :groupwave: because now I'm really excited :woot_jump:

so there's not a single bit of the previous tour in the documentary? :sad: why was andy filming on that tour then, was he just rehearsing for paris? :blink::naughty: well, makes it easier for me to wait til the 14th. :bleh:

I pictured the deluxe edition booklet completely now, so everyone can compare what is in the normal one as well (and danika can see some artwork :naughty:).

link :wink2:

I left the pic of written parts full size if people want to read it :bleh:

Thanks ever so much for this. :huglove:

I simply love the pictures . :wub2:

A gift from Mika? Cool! We all had to pay! :naughty:

Mika said in an old interview that if he wouldn't be a pop tart he'd surely would be working in a circus, so its quite understandable he puts up this circus show in everything he imagines...as for its dark meaning even his happier tuned songs get dark lyrics behind them, but i guess the next album will have a "volte face", and all this things are going to have some mikaish upgrade...u can get the evolution in every aspect when u get to compare old dvd and the new one...so same evolution is to be expected for the next album...

I agree. As this DVD seems different from the other one, and the artwork certainly is, so the album will have evolved as well. But that's good, it's healthy, it's how it SHOULD be.

ooh bab, good to see the dvd didn't mellow you at all.:mf_rosetinted:

Even if you did get a promo copy off ebay in an uncharacteristic fangrlish moment of enthusiasm....or am I mistaken?? hehehe:wink2:

Haha no I didn't. But I know a man who did lol.

so there's not a single bit of the previous tour in the documentary? :sad: why was andy filming on that tour then, was he just rehearsing for paris? :blink::naughty: well, makes it easier for me to wait til the 14th. :bleh:

Well, it was always stated as private mika material just for himself and then andy said that maybe it will be released, but i assume it ended as private documentary for Mika just like it was at the beginning :bleh:

I bought it today and watched it. His voice in Big Girl was not so good :S Not at all actually (not that i would do it better xD )

But for the rest I LOVE IT!!

To be honest, although the DVD was great for many other reasons, his voice in it was not. And I mean on most songs. You can tell that all the running around the huge stage affected him, and he sounds strained.

The best quality Mika performances are the ones where he stays on the spot, in small stages, and doesn't do all that moving around.

To be honest, although the DVD was great for many other reasons, his voice in it was not. And I mean on most songs. You can tell that all the running around the huge stage affected him, and he sounds strained.

The best quality Mika performances are the ones where he stays on the spot, in small stages, and doesn't do all that moving around.

oh, like we said then, arras was waaaaaayyy better gig, music wise and energy wise, though this was spectacular and it felt important for him.

but arrars was :wub2:

That's what we said at the time, I believe. :mf_rosetinted:

I bought it today and watched it. His voice in Big Girl was not so good :S Not at all actually (not that i would do it better xD )

But for the rest I LOVE IT!!

I don't have the dvd yet...but M must have been pretty nervous :wink2: I think it's incredible that such a young musician can be so brave to perform in front of so many people and during such a long show :thumb_yello:

I think we should also consider that he moves a lot on the stage and he really sings every single song...it's understandable that his voice is not always perfect, but we know what he can actually do, musically speaking, don't we? :wub2:

can't wait to watch the show :punk:

Did you hear that Mika! go back to smaller venues... :thumb_yello::naughty:

totally agree with you... though when watching him live, I seem to be enjoying myself so much I barely feel it... then watch the videos and realize the difference :blink:

Did you hear that Mika! go back to smaller venues... :thumb_yello::naughty:

totally agree with you... though when watching him live, I seem to be enjoying myself so much I barely feel it... then watch the videos and realize the difference :blink:

That is EXACTLY what happened to me when watching the Paris show DVD. When there, I didn't notice his voice not being perfect (only that I could hardly see him :roftl:, that was my focus then). Now, watching it from home, I do. Weird he?

I'd say that though that might be the best quality singing, it's not the best performance. I thought all that running around (and all the other stuff going on onstage) really got Mika's personality and vision accross. I don't think he's the "less is more" type somehow

And "Headless chicken" doesn't describe it at all

I'd say that though that might be the best quality singing, it's not the best performance. I thought all that running around (and all the other stuff going on onstage) really got Mika's personality and vision accross. I don't think he's the "less is more" type somehow

And "Headless chicken" doesn't describe it at all

I think that headless chicken does describe it quite well :naughty:. He was frantically running up and down trying to cover all angles, and his voice didn't hit the right notes a few times. How else can one call that?

I am not saying that he should stay put and not move a muscle, but that when he makes too much of a point of moving and running and covering the 10 Km that the stage spreads over (exagerating :naughty:), he is not giving his best performance at all.

I've been to so many of his gigs now that I can tell you, there is a MASSIVE difference in the quality of the whole vibe, depending on how large the stage and venue was. From what I've seen, his best performances (both voice quality wise and general vibe wise) were the smaller ones.

Toronto was incredible, and I think that even though it was a small gig, his vision and "Mikaness" if that is what you want to call it, came across perfectly well. He was being himself and enjoying it, and he gave us an incredible show.

Same for that little Fiat gig, or the last Brixton one in Feb 08 for example...he was relaxed, happy, and sung well. I can't really say the same for the PDP one, no matter how "spectacular" it was to watch.

Let me add that it's not that I am looking for a sterile 100 percent perfect voice gig over the vibe, that is not it..I just want the perfect balance of both, atmosphere and voice, and I felt that Paris did not do that.

Edited by sariflor