Reviews dvd Parc Des Princes

Moonlightchild

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think we're going to agree on this one

I didn't see any "frantic" in it either (although I know he admits to being terrified). I was awestrcuk by his energy. And he filled that stadium with his presence in a way that neither Bruce Springsteen (master of the stand-still-and-sing show) nor Eminem (who had a circus in Milton Keynes but not Glasgow) could- and they'd filled more than a few stadiums between them by the time I saw them. I thought the singing was fine too.

And I thought the set which he's so amazingly proud of was actually better than he's getting accross. He said in his first vlog that it was "stunning" but you're only stunned once, that set was constantly changing and amazing

I didn't see any "frantic" in it either (although I know he admits to being terrified). I was awestrcuk by his energy. And he filled that stadium with his presence in a way that neither Bruce Springsteen (master of the stand-still-and-sing show) nor Eminem (who had a circus in Milton Keynes but not Glasgow) could- and they'd filled more than a few stadiums between them by the time I saw them. I thought the singing was fine too.

And I thought the set which he's so amazingly proud of was actually better than he's getting accross. He said in his first vlog that it was "stunning" but you're only stunned once, that set was constantly changing and amazing

Are you speaking after seeing the gig, or after seeing the DVD? I know that you were there on the 4th, but have you watched the DVD yet?

You see I didn't see most of that. Yes the set was good and the show was interesting, but it had no atmosphere for me.

I didn't see any more energy than I have seen at other gigs , other than the obvious because he had to cover more ground.

I was totally bemused at times at what was going on on the stage, awe struck by the number of people in the stadium, but for me, it was by far my least favourite gig.

But then I guess he wasn't out to please people like me who prefer smaller shows and that's something I may just have to live with in the future.

It left me feeling totally empty. Sorry Mika.

Are you speaking after seeing the gig, or after seeing the DVD? I know that you were there on the 4th, but have you watched the DVD yet?

I've got one of the promos, though I've also ordered from Amazon (which is where he says he was terrified and enthuses about the set) but I'm saying what I thought (and wrote in my journal) on the night. (Though I haven't changed my opinion.)

I think it might make a difference that I was way further back than you and got more of a big picture perhaps? (Though I could have been a whole lot nearer and still got that.) I would imagine that to you he kind of kept flashing past, and was sometimes near and others almost out of sight. I could see him moving and was impressed. Though come to think the sound quality, though way better than Eminem, was patchy where I was. I was much nearer the stage for BS- but he barely moved (sang for 3.5 hours though)

So, did you like the gig on the first dvd better then?:naughty:

Well I certainly watched it often enough (it's OK, I know you were asking the others)

I like this one though- dvd wise, I certainly prefer it. But I wouldn't have minded if he'd swapped "Just cant get enough" for "I want you back"- my favourite live cover

Well I certainly watched it often enough (it's OK, I know you were asking the others)

I like this one though- dvd wise, I certainly prefer it. But I wouldn't have minded if he'd swapped "Just cant get enough" for "I want you back"- my favourite live cover

Oh, I don't mind it that you answer:bleh:

I'm just happy it wasn't Missionary Man:naughty:

look at mika's right arm..

mikaliveparisntsc175zf3.jpg

No it's not real, cause in Amsterdam we saw him shirtless and he didn't have that. Oh, and he didn't have it in Paris either when he was shirtless.

Geez, the guy likes fake ones, doesn't he:bleh:

Edit: Maybe he's experimenting with fake ones cause he's planning to get a real one?:naughty:

I mean, remember the tattoo blogs?

Edited by xlindee

I also don't recall it in arras and that was the day after.

but he's it on in all the paris shooting. :blink:

if he'd cover it with make up, it'd be to see anyway, wouldn't it? esp. after all the sweating that he does on stage.. :naughty:

I also don't recall it in arras and that was the day after.

but he's it on in all the paris shooting. :blink:

if he'd cover it with make up, it'd be to see anyway, wouldn't it? esp. after all the sweating that he does on stage.. :naughty:

how much make-up would you need to cover a tat?

possibly not, you know all those weirdo tattoo parlours.. ewwww.....:boxed::naughty:

i thought the transfert ones were just in b/w, you know hennee and such, but I'm not an expert. I have just one and it's real. :blink:

No, they have coloured ones as well:thumb_yello:

all this talk about the new DVD is making me drool :drool: I missed the gig and won't be getting the DVD any time soon...

so I have to rely on your POV for now.. and so far so good :thumb_yello:

It's the same for me, you're not alone!:wink2: