Twilight Thread II!!!!

foalbaby14

really?

I thought it'd be hard to watch a so literally taken from the books serie with some peculiar scenes cut out without having read them first :teehee:

Okay finally watched the first two to see what all the fuss was about and...I really enjoyed them. :shocked:

I was so annoyed with the cliffhanger at the end of New Moon. :aah: I'm going to have to go to the cinema now to see what happens next. :naughty:

166j0b7.jpg

wanna know why?

cast-victoria.jpg

:mf_rosetinted:

k, I'll download the dvd + commentary :naughty:

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

really?

I thought it'd be hard to watch a so literally taken from the books serie with some peculiar scenes cut out without having read them first :teehee:

Yeah I found some parts in New Moon a bit non-sensical but I like the soap operaness of it all. :naughty:

Must I read the books then?

Yeah I found some parts in New Moon a bit non-sensical but I like the soap operaness of it all. :naughty:

NO! Time wasted doesn't return :aah:

& the movies could've been moar entertaining w/ a certain accent of Edwardo

2mezpyd.jpg

2ekruqe.jpg

Avada Kedavra :teehee:

• 4 weeks later...
Anyone seen Eclipse yet? I saw it at the midnight showing on opening night. I thought it was pretty good. I loved New Moon a lot better though. :)

I did! I did! I did!

I liked it a lot. It has a lot of great scenes. But there is one thing. The color scheme and style continuity between the scenes that twilight and new moon had. Am I the only one noticing?

Edit: Oh and I don't fancy the new Victoria. She's hmmm... FAKE. OKBYE

Edited by adda

• 1 month later...

Oh good- I thought it was just me that couldn't follow the inner sense of it- but I was already hooked after the first movie, which I finally got round to a couple of weeks ago

I'm reading through the books now, and loving every minute. I can remember feeling just as alien in the world as Bella, who's currently (half way through New Moon) wondering if there's a something about her that makes it obvious that the only guy she ever loved is a vampire and the guy she chose as her rock steady good mate and soul healer turns out to be a werewolf (**DON'T tell me if there is a reason**)( Bet there is a reason- for her) It' makes me glad to be 48, that's for sure- for me it was just a serious case of adolescence)

I'm reading the books slowly, to spread out the pleasure, but I guess I'll still read Eclipse before I see it on dvd, which will be interesting. And I'll probably see Breaking Dawn at the pictures

Edit- when I say "Don't tell me" I mean, don't post specially, but don't worry about spoiliers generally, if you come in a thread for an old movie/ book series, you just have to put up with them IMO

Edit2- Who is Andrew Futral? He doesn't seem very bright :naughty:

Edited by Soaring Simpson

• 2 weeks later...

I don't like Twilight. :''3 Well, it's my opinion. Sometimes I really start to get mad with everybody loving it. It makes me feel that they are zombies or something. 8D But yeah, everybody has right to like things they like. I just have read many better books and seen many better movies.

Me and my friend watching Eclipse ----> we laughed many times and everyone else was quiet. 8D

• 2 months later...

I've just finished the Twilight saga... and I loved it!!!!!!!!! I loved the books more than the movies TBH. But Kristen Stewart is the Bella I imagined! I hope Stephenie Meyer will publish Midnight sun , and I hope I'll hear about Renesmee's future.

I've just finished the Twilight saga... and I loved it!!!!!!!!! I loved the books more than the movies TBH. But Kristen Stewart is the Bella I imagined! I hope Stephenie Meyer will publish Midnight sun , and I hope I'll hear about Renesmee's future.

Which book did you like best?

Which book did you like best?

What a difficult question to answer :teehee:...

I love the attraction described in the first book (the repulsion/fascination/attraction/love scheme). I was quickly hooked and remembered the passion we feel when were are teenagers.

Then I found Bella's trauma (the loss of her lover and the void, the emptiness of her life) well depicted too in the second book. You have to love truly to be hurt, hammered like Bella was.

The 4th book was also with the series of great events: the wedding, the honeymoon :naughty:, Bella's transformation and Renesmee's birth, the partnership Vampires/werewolves).

I would say all of them were interesting, but the third book was maybe a little less interesting to me even if I read the saga in 10 days (because I had to eat, work an sleep sometimes :aah:)

What's your opinion?

What a difficult question to answer :teehee:...

I love the attraction described in the first book (the repulsion/fascination/attraction/love scheme). I was quickly hooked and remembered the passion we feel when were are teenagers.

Then I found Bella's trauma (the loss of her lover and the void, the emptiness of her life) well depicted too in the second book. You have to love truly to be hurt, hammered like Bella was.

The 4th book was also with the series of great events: the wedding, the honeymoon :naughty:, Bella's transformation and Renesmee's birth, the partnership Vampires/werewolves).

I would say all of them were interesting, but the third book was maybe a little less interesting to me even if I read the saga in 10 days (because I had to eat, work an sleep sometimes :aah:)

What's your opinion?

I really enjoyed the first two books. The first one is also very funny from time to time. I think the feeling of loss and emptiness is described very well in the second one.

The third and fourth books are sometimes very slow and they are too romantic for my taste. :sad: But there were some entertaining and funny parts there, too. :thumb_yello:

I'm finding Breaking Dawn WAY too long atm- I'm thinking all the time "Get on with it" all the honeynmoon and the birth and transformation and things- all good stuff- but LOOOOOOOOOOONG drawn out. I hope it ends on a bang though (I'm just starting part three)

I liked Eclipse- I liked Jacob's pain and the weird relationship they all had. (I was nearly switching to Team Jacob by the end, as Edward seems so boringly safe, despite being a vampire) I also liked the school stuff as a contrast in Twilight, and the danger, and the way they're irrevocably devoted to each other, in a completely non-real but compelling way

Really looking forward to 6 Dec when Eclipse comes out on dvd. But on present form, if they film book 4 in two parts, like it's rumoured they might, I might well skip the first part

I'm finding Breaking Dawn WAY too long atm- I'm thinking all the time "Get on with it" all the honeynmoon and the birth and transformation and things- all good stuff- but LOOOOOOOOOOONG drawn out. I hope it ends on a bang though (I'm just starting part three)

I liked Eclipse- I liked Jacob's pain and the weird relationship they all had. (I was nearly switching to Team Jacob by the end, as Edward seems so boringly safe, despite being a vampire) I also liked the school stuff as a contrast in Twilight, and the danger, and the way they're irrevocably devoted to each other, in a completely non-real but compelling way

Really looking forward to 6 Dec when Eclipse comes out on dvd. But on present form, if they film book 4 in two parts, like it's rumoured they might, I might well skip the first part

Yep, I agree more or less.

I don't think I will go farther than the second film. :no: Twilight was ok, but Eclipse was boring. :sad:

Yep, I agree more or less.

I don't think I will go farther than the second film. :no: Twilight was ok, but Eclipse was boring. :sad:

But.... but.... I've already ordered it from Amazon :crybaby: (And to be honest, there's no way I'd miss it anyway) But the first part of Breaking Dawn- not so much. I think they should do BD as one movie and shorten the first bit.

I've still got Midnight Sun and the Short 2nd Life to read though- so it's not all doom and gloom when I finally finish BD. (I've been spinning it out to make the pleasure last longer)

In the 3rd book the love triangle, Jacob's pain and his life as a werewolf with the pack are very interesting. The only reason why I liked this book less is that I don't like love triangles, and the history of the newborns and the fights were a bit too long for me.

As for the movies, Kristen Stewart is the Bella I imagined. Whereas the vampires wear a make up that is too thick, too fake (only Alice and Rosalie look beautiful) especially Jasper and Carlisle. What is sadder though is the focus on the heroes' love story. The other elements are put aside. That is the main theme of the saga, of course, and it must have been difficult to change a 600 pages book into a script.

Edited by macboll

Yes the last sequel will be in 2 parts, like Harry Potter. Stephenie Meyer should think about her 5th book Midnight Sun, the one that leaked on the internet. Edward's viewpoint must have been really interesting to read!

But.... but.... I've already ordered it from Amazon :crybaby: (And to be honest, there's no way I'd miss it anyway) But the first part of Breaking Dawn- not so much. I think they should do BD as one movie and shorten the first bit.

I've still got Midnight Sun and the Short 2nd Life to read though- so it's not all doom and gloom when I finally finish BD. (I've been spinning it out to make the pleasure last longer)

Oops! :teehee: Sorry! But that's just my opinion. I don't like romantic plots, perhaps the films are getting too cheesy for me. :boxed:

Actually, I have seen the third film. :doh: I'm getting confused! :aah: I quite liked the third film but the second one was :sleep_1:

I generally dislike sagas at the cinema. :sad: After each film you can see very clearly that they just want to make money.

I'm actually a bit disappointed with Robert Pattinson, because I thought he was a different kind of actor. But perhaps he just got trapped with the first film and now he can only finish the saga. :dunno:

Yes the last sequel will be in 2 parts, like Harry Potter. Stephenie Meyer should think about her 5th book Midnight Sun, the one that leaked on the internet. Edward's viewpoint must have been really interesting to read!

I would love to read Midnight Sun, but I read that Stephenie Meyer was really mad when it leaked. That's why she didn't want to publish it.

I also think she wants to write other stuff to avoid getting stuck in the vampire story.

I think she is good at describing a male point of view and male characters in general. She has got sons and brothers, if I'm not mistaken, so she must have quite a lot of experience with guys. :teehee: