Hi fellow Apples and delightful visitors!

I'm drowning in work and other RL stuff...have a minute to come up for air and finally post in the new thread. Hope to be around a little more in a few weeks.

Hey Suze! :groovy:

Hope you're enjoying your new space. It'd be great to get together soon - but if I remember correctly, I don't think you included Katy Perry or Sara Bareilles in your plans with us. Maybe when the weather isn't so nipple-itis, we'll have to find an excuse to meet up for something.

Hello, artistically sarcastic professional whiners.

Have I ever told you that I really like your initials. :naughty: I'm biased of course. :naughty:

Hey there, multi-personality person:cool:

Keeps things interesting that's for sure.

Hope you're enjoying your new space. It'd be great to get together soon - but if I remember correctly, I don't think you included Katy Perry or Sara Bareilles in your plans with us. Maybe when the weather isn't so nipple-itis, we'll have to find an excuse to meet up for something.

I'm in for Katy Perry! But aside from that I want to invite you guys over to my place too at some point. :)

we have so many clever impersonators, we don't know which apple is which!!

If Yop was here *waves wildly* Hi Yop, hope real life is good

If Christine was actually here *points* YOU? AGAIN?

IF VS is passing, you are too funny, girl!

If S&M drops by again, I love your gorgeous sig...let me guess...

If soangel comes by, have you survived all that heat?

If Suzy is here, hope real life snowed under does not include real snow

If Zoots comes back, love our apple call sign!

enough apples covered so far? :wub2:

we have so many clever impersonators, we don't know which apple is which!!

If Yop was here *waves wildly* Hi Yop, hope real life is good

If Christine was actually here *points* YOU? AGAIN?

IF VS is passing, you are too funny, girl!

If S&M drops by again, I love your gorgeous sig...let me guess...

If soangel comes by, have you survived all that heat?

If Suzy is here, hope real life snowed under does not include real snow

If Zoots comes back, love our apple call sign!

enough apples covered so far? :wub2:

Survived it thanks to Zooper doopers. Its back to the mid 30s now... much more bearable (though I leave for QLD for a week with family tomorrow, humidity here I come :blink:)

Wendi, I miss the puppies!

Did you ever get your photos back from that old illustrator guy? (That was you right?)

I don't really miss them to be honest!! :naughty: They have gone

to lovely homes so I am happy. My pup, Poppy, is full of mischief

and energy!! Posted more photos and videos on the puppy thread!! :thumb_yello:

That guy STILL has my stories and my photos!! :boxed: Have not

seen him about town at all!!

Hello, artistically sarcastic professional whiners.

S&M - nice to see you :naughty:

gotta post at least a REAL post in here :naughty:

helloooooooo !! :wink2:

Hello Yopp!! :bye:

IMG_2388.jpg

We were on our way to pick up Christine and head off to watch Lykke Li at a gig when our car suddenly swerved on a ramp off the highway. Our wheel just about came off - not the tire even, but the whole axle snapped and we lost control of the car. It was rush hour too. We are still wondering how we managed to avoid hitting any other cars and get the car to the right of the shoulder. Oil spilled everywhere because we think the axle burst into the oil pan. We sat in the tow truck and could not leave the scene until either the fire department or MTO (Ministry of Transportation) truck absorbed the slick oil (made it less dangerous), and clean it up to be less dangerous for other drivers.

Hope everyone had a better day than I did.:boxed:

IMG_2388.jpg

We were on our way to pick up Christine and head off to watch Lykke Li at a gig when our car suddenly swerved on a ramp off the highway. Our wheel just about came off - not the tire even, but the whole axle snapped and we lost control of the car. It was rush hour too. We are still wondering how we managed to avoid hitting any other cars and get the car to the right of the shoulder. Oil spilled everywhere because we think the axle burst into the oil pan. We sat in the tow truck and could not leave the scene until either the fire department or MTO (Ministry of Transportation) truck absorbed the slick oil (made it less dangerous), and clean it up to be less dangerous for other drivers.

Oh my god :shocked:

I'm glad you guys are okay :boxed::huglove:

IMG_2388.jpg

Oh my goodness. Is everyone alright? What ended up happening?

Oh my god :shocked:

I'm glad you guys are okay :boxed::huglove:

Thanks. I still can't get over how many things could have gone wrong. The timing of everything was pure luck. The axle could have broken off the car duiring our usual drive home, at that usual time, on another dangerous highway. But of course we went a different route today to go to this concert.

Obviously, I texted Christine that we couldn't make it...luckily she was able to sell the tickets.

Oh yeah, and someone at work ate my lunch. Took it right out of the fridge (when no one was looking I presume), ate most of my chicken breast strips, left me with 3 bites, and put it back.:boxed:

This is only a week after someone at work ate my PopTart. Unbelievable. :thumbdown:

IMG_2388.jpg

Well, apart from it being stinking hot here, it definitely sounds like I'm having a better day than you. Praise God you're both OK, considering all that could have happened. Any clues as to why the axle snapped?

Well, apart from it being stinking hot here, it definitely sounds like I'm having a better day than you. Praise God you're both OK, considering all that could have happened. Any clues as to why the axle snapped?

Hmm...maybe because the car is 10 years old? I really don't know. I was asking everyone how such a thing could be prevented? Never really got a good answer. Imagine if we did get mangled by a big truck - well the whole car would be in such bad shape, that it would be difficult to know that the accident was caused by a broken axle to begin with. :blink:

Hmm...maybe because the car is 10 years old? I really don't know. I was asking everyone how such a thing could be prevented? Never really got a good answer. Imagine if we did get mangled by a big truck - well the whole car would be in such bad shape, that it would be difficult to know that the accident was caused by a broken axle to begin with. :blink:

My car is older than that! That's real scary biscuits!!

And I'd rather not imagine you mangled by a big truck thanks!:shocked: