IMG_2388.jpg

We were on our way to pick up Christine and head off to watch Lykke Li at a gig when our car suddenly swerved on a ramp off the highway. Our wheel just about came off - not the tire even, but the whole axle snapped and we lost control of the car. It was rush hour too. We are still wondering how we managed to avoid hitting any other cars and get the car to the right of the shoulder. Oil spilled everywhere because we think the axle burst into the oil pan. We sat in the tow truck and could not leave the scene until either the fire department or MTO (Ministry of Transportation) truck absorbed the slick oil (made it less dangerous), and clean it up to be less dangerous for other drivers.

Hope everyone had a better day than I did.:boxed:

Oh Suzy, how horrible!

That must have been such a shock!

At least you are OK.

Makes note to take car to garage for overdue service and MOT.

Thanks. I still can't get over how many things could have gone wrong. The timing of everything was pure luck. The axle could have broken off the car duiring our usual drive home, at that usual time, on another dangerous highway. But of course we went a different route today to go to this concert.

Obviously, I texted Christine that we couldn't make it...luckily she was able to sell the tickets.

Oh yeah, and someone at work ate my lunch. Took it right out of the fridge (when no one was looking I presume), ate most of my chicken breast strips, left me with 3 bites, and put it back.:boxed:

This is only a week after someone at work ate my PopTart. Unbelievable. :thumbdown:

Cheeky ****ers! A pop tart is one thing, it's a bit like a loaf of bread, maybe people think you won't notice a slice or two, but chicken breast strips. Chicken's a bit more expensive than bread or pop tarts. You just don't do that!

Call the authorities!!

Cheeky ****ers! A pop tart is one thing, it's a bit like a loaf of bread, maybe people think you won't notice a slice or two, but chicken breast strips. Chicken's a bit more expensive than bread or pop tarts. You just don't do that!

Call the authorities!!

I wrote a note, posted it on the fridge. It read:

TO WHOEVER ATE MY CHICKEN BREAST STRIPS - HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT. THANKS FOR LEAVING ME A FEW. YOU OWE ME LUNCH! :sneaky2:

And like I've been telling everyone - I should have added:

"BTW, I had the flu when I prepared that food - hope you don't catch it" :naughty:

SUZY!!! Omg!!! How scary... I'm so sorry you had such a rough day! I'm glad you and Ryan are ok - thank goodness - but wow, it sounds like you could use some good luck right about now. I'm sending some hugs your way. :huglove:

Christine texted me about the tickets but unfortunately I didn't see the text until too late. (Thank you anyway for thinking of me Christine!). I didn't know about the accident though.

Where did it happen, on the 401? Scaaaaaary. I am SO glad you guys are ok... someone was watching over you.

I hope your weekend is much much better.

PS - bring an extra lunch next week, mix lots of laxatives in with it, and leave it there until the culprit strikes again. :naughty:

Edited by zoots14

Hmm...maybe because the car is 10 years old? I really don't know. I was asking everyone how such a thing could be prevented? Never really got a good answer. Imagine if we did get mangled by a big truck - well the whole car would be in such bad shape, that it would be difficult to know that the accident was caused by a broken axle to begin with. :blink:

hi suzy! sorry to hear about your incident and happy you were able to avoid an accident.

i'm sure that the fact that your car is 10 yrs old didn't help (especially in canadian weather) but something similar could have happened to us and my car is less then 2 years old. we own a jeep compas 2008 that we got in dec. 2007. in quebec this year, it is the law to have winter tires on the car. when we went to have them installed at the end of november, the garage informed us to go to the dealer as both front wheels were ready to fall off and not to drive the car anywhere. it's a good thing he told us, as we had planned to go to ottawa that weekend, a 2 hour drive.... imagine what could have happened. the dealer fixed it and it was still on warranty. go figure... i guess cars aren't as well built as they used to be. :thumbdown:

Yeah I was thinking maybe it was corrosion too because the roads are so full of salt this year.

Poor Suzy. Now I feel even worse because I thought you were on your way home from work, not to meet me. :boxed:

At least everyone is okay, that's the important thing.

Guy, zoots - thanks.

Yeah I was thinking maybe it was corrosion too because the roads are so full of salt this year.

Poor Suzy. Now I feel even worse because I thought you were on your way home from work, not to meet me. :boxed:

At least everyone is okay, that's the important thing.

Don't feel bad at all, Christine - it was actually a good thing that we were on our way to you (the concert, and downtown). Because had we been in our regular route home at that normal time we commute, we would have likely been far worse off. I hope you still a great time and that she put on a great show. I told Ryan that if it was a Mika concert though, I would have still made it somehow.

I wrote a note, posted it on the fridge. It read:

TO WHOEVER ATE MY CHICKEN BREAST STRIPS - HOPE YOU ENJOYED IT. THANKS FOR LEAVING ME A FEW. YOU OWE ME LUNCH!

And like I've been telling everyone - I should have added:

"BTW, I had the flu when I prepared that food - hope you don't catch it"

Suzy, first of all: I'm so happy that you guys got out of the car situation with nothing serious happening. I can't believe how lucky (after the really unlucky part of it happening that is, of course) that was!!

When Christine told me, I was horrified!! So I'm very very happy to hear that you're all ok.

About the lunch thing, I can't believe that either. Well, sadly I can, as I've also suffered that type of theft and so have other people that I know, but I mean: how bad is that :boxed:. Once, when I lived in Dublin, my friend had left half a melon in the work fridge and someone ate it out, and then neatly put the empty melon shell back in the fridge :roftl:.

You could also take it as a compliment in a way though: whoever ate it, clearly thought that it looked appetising. Or maybe it was Mika, secretly looking for some 'chicken' :bleh:

In any case, I think that you should follow Zoots' wicked advice :naughty:.

Early! I woke up too early. Think I will go back to bed in a minute, it's 05.10.

Bab, I can never quite follow your mad schedules :lmao:

SUZY!!! Omg!!! How scary... I'm so sorry you had such a rough day! I'm glad you and Ryan are ok - thank goodness - but wow, it sounds like you could use some good luck right about now. I'm sending some hugs your way.

Christine texted me about the tickets but unfortunately I didn't see the text until too late. (Thank you anyway for thinking of me Christine!). I didn't know about the accident though.

Where did it happen, on the 401? Scaaaaaary. I am SO glad you guys are ok... someone was watching over you.

I hope your weekend is much much better.

PS - bring an extra lunch next week, mix lots of laxatives in with it, and leave it there until the culprit strikes again.

Yeah, definitely the plan. You should make an extra nice looking lunch and leave it there, and then just keep your eyes on the toilet doors.

Oh, and if you want to be 'extra wicked', you could also make the toilet paper disappear :fisch: I bet you that it would be a good deterrent for any future ideas that they might get in their head :roftl:.

IMG_2388.jpg

We were on our way to pick up Christine and head off to watch Lykke Li at a gig when our car suddenly swerved on a ramp off the highway. Our wheel just about came off - not the tire even, but the whole axle snapped and we lost control of the car. It was rush hour too. We are still wondering how we managed to avoid hitting any other cars and get the car to the right of the shoulder. Oil spilled everywhere because we think the axle burst into the oil pan. We sat in the tow truck and could not leave the scene until either the fire department or MTO (Ministry of Transportation) truck absorbed the slick oil (made it less dangerous), and clean it up to be less dangerous for other drivers.

Hope everyone had a better day than I did.:boxed:

Oh Suzy how scary!

I'm happy to hear you didn't got hurt, more than the schock of course!

A wheel isn’t supposed to fall off like that, even if the car is old and has corrosion!

I’m always whining about the every year control we have…. MOT?

Okay I tried to look it up in the dictionary and the word MOT came up; I hope it’s the thing I mean…

Anyway, do you have that kind of control?

It's supposed to prevent that kind of thing happening they say...

I lost a wheel from my car many years ago, when my daughter was a baby.

No high speed though, we were just driving out from the parking lot of IKEA.

The wheel rolled past me, the car tilted and there was a rain of sparkles!

Later we could see at the surface where it had broke that it had been halfway off for probably a long time!

Scary!

Hello Apples :bye:

Sosi said I'm not a real fan so I belong here with you. Babs said you like wasps and Guy says you're not scary at all :thumb_yello:

So Hello

They haven't replied. I think I scared them off :blush-anim-cl:

Hello Naectegale!:bye:

I still not know if I’m a real apple:blush-anim-cl: because I wasn’t here from the beginning….but I love to be here…

I’m not sure about the criteria.

But…the apples, the ones I’ve met in real life, are sweet and very friendly people, but they/we have a healthy attitude about the fan girl thingie…at least that is what we/they like to think!:wink2:

Not scary, not easy scared and not so big-big posters as for example the oldlings !:wink2:

Hello Naectegale!:bye:

I still not know if I’m a real apple:blush-anim-cl: because I wasn’t here from the beginning….but I love to be here…

I’m not sure about the criteria.

But…the apples, the ones I’ve met in real life, are sweet and very friendly people, but they/we have a healthy attitude about the fan girl thingie…at least that is what we/they like to think!:wink2:

Not scary, not easy scared and not so big-big posters as for example the oldlings !:wink2:

that's because of their wild friday nights :naughty: