Decided to come here for my 9,000th post.

Congrats. :yay:

Christine, congrats on the big 9K. Anyway, when I read your post I thought of something. I realise that this may sound very macabre, but it was a bit reminiscent of when people go somewhere special to die.

You know, like 'I came home to die', etc... :naughty:

LOL, I hadn't thought of it that way. :naughty:

Top of the week? Just so you know, I'll be calling it Twatter :fisch:

:lmao::bow:

But holy sh!t when did you pass 10,000 posts? :shocked:

Nice people, very friendly but the apple thread has a tradition to be a "fan gurl" free zone.:wink2:

You don't have to worship all Mr Curly's movements all the time all of the year to be welcome in here!

I'm not a real apple though, too much of a coward I guess and I have my fan gurl moments! :blush-anim-cl:

To be honest, I used to have but now with this lack of information I think I'm loosing interest, if it wasn't for the friendship and all the fun moments on the MFC I wouldn't even be here by now.

But...being the weak hearted person I am I suspect when (if:sneaky2:) the new album comes out it will take me around 10 seconds of listening to fall again!

ahh! this is a good place for me then. :naughty:

i can assure you i'm not a mikagasmicer. i love mika's music.. and i know becauase i'm a fan and i'm 15 i'm supposed to be 'in love' with mika becsue i love what he does so much, but i don't.

yay, i want to be a apple :biggrin2:

WOW!!! Big number!! I think this calls for......

AppleCalltoAction2.jpg

Heeding the call to congratulate fellow apple Christine on the big 9K...if only it were money, you could go to ANY future Mika gigs without a worry in the world. Oh except you have a job.

Instead, we have the 9K gold of Christine's articulate and enlightening posts, preserved here for posterity.

Heeding the call to congratulate fellow apple Christine on the big 9K...if only it were money, you could go to ANY future Mika gigs without a worry in the world. Oh except you have a job.

Instead, we have the 9K gold of Christine's articulate and enlightening posts, preserved here for posterity.

Love that quote! :original: And so true.

Okay...twitter...can someone please explain...?:blink:

What is good and what is bad????

It's quite cool, you can basically just follow anyone's updates. Some people post zilch, and others post many times a day. It's quite fun.

Oh and making yourself a profile is much, much easier than with myspace for example.

Top of the week? Just so you know, I'll be calling it Twatter :fisch:

:lmfao::lmfao:Goodness. The word does have some appeal ,you know, it has a funny ring to it.

We're working on it. :fisch:

Yeah, trying to bully errr petition him into getting one :roftl:

It's quite cool, you can basically just follow anyone's updates. Some people post zilch, and others post many times a day. It's quite fun.

Oh and making yourself a profile is much, much easier than with myspace for example.

Okay thanks!:wub2:

Easier than myspace sounds good to me...why do I get this feeling that you know me?:blush-anim-cl:

:roftl::naughty:

Just so you know, I'll be calling it Twatter :fisch:

Don't think that hadn't crossed my mine.

Especially since Patrick Wolf seems to have a real attitude about Twitter. :naughty:

Ah you're sweet.

Also a whole lot of rubbish in there too. :naughty:

I'm not liking the Twitter craze. It's like watered-down FaceBook status updates. :blink:

Btw, is the Mikasounds Twitter real or a spoof? Because the avocados mention made me think of the Apples. :lmfao:

It's real. Collaborated with Greg Wells...it is pretty funny S&M...we now know Mika is off to play tennis, and all the Aussie jumped on him with sunscreen advice.

Nice, time-wasting twattering.

We'll see you over there shortly eh??:wink2:

Edit: It's not "watered down"...it's red-bulled-up. Full on, every two seconds, updates.

Impossible to keep up ....the Tweet deck keeps tweeting at me, gotta go look AGAIN

Edited by Blue Sky

I'm not liking the Twitter craze. It's like watered-down FaceBook status updates. :blink:

Btw, is the Mikasounds Twitter real or a spoof? Because the avocados mention made me think of the Apples. :lmfao:

Strangely enough, I've not once used the Facebook status updates the whole time I've been on there. I've always thought "It's none of their business what I'm doing!"

But I'm using twatter to talk. Apart from occasionally saying stuff like "taking kids to school" or "need chocolate", I don't do proper status updates. As HK said somewhere, it's a bit like gabbly.

It's real. Collaborated with Greg Wells...it is pretty funny S&M...we now know Mika is off to play tennis, and all the Aussie jumped on him with sunscreen advice.

Nice, time-wasting twattering.

We'll see you over there shortly eh??:wink2:

Edit: It's not "watered down"...it's red-bulled-up. Full on, every two seconds, updates.

Impossible to keep up ....the Tweet deck keeps tweeting at me, gotta go look AGAIN

Well I say 'watered down' because it's like taking FaceBook and removing all of the features except from status updates.

I may or may not join, I'm going to give it a think first.

Red Bulled or on speed. I leave it for a few hours and come back and there's heaps and heaps and heaps of updates.

Red Bulled or on speed. I leave it for a few hours and come back and there's heaps and heaps and heaps of updates.

I've set up a separate account, just to follow Mika, (and Greg and Ella :naughty:) with no followers allowed. i just get the important posts and don't have to listen to the endles chatter from fans :thumb_yello:

If i want to chat I come on MFC - it's a much more appropriate place to do it - but it is sooo quiet these days :thumbdown:

I've set up a separate account, just to follow Mika, (and Greg and Ella :naughty:) with no followers allowed. i just get the important posts and don't have to listen to the endles chatter from fans :thumb_yello:

If i want to chat I come on MFC - it's a much more appropriate place to do it - but it is sooo quiet these days :thumbdown:

You just need tweet deck, then you can separate everyone into the groups you want, and check in with the tweets you really want to listen to.

Twitter is just like MSN or gabbly, no more or less appropriate. You have to remember, unless you have clicked on someone to follow them, AND they follow you back, then the updates flow only one way.

I'm not liking the Twitter craze. It's like watered-down FaceBook status updates.

Btw, is the Mikasounds Twitter real or a spoof? Because the avocados mention made me think of the Apples.

Oooh I love Twitter, just give it some time and you won't envisage life without it :roftl:.

It's like therapy. You can post whichever nonsense you want, chat to whoever you want, and rant about what or whoever you want. If someone doesn't like it, then they just need not follow you. Fantastic :naughty:.

What is there not to like? :lmfao:

Oh and it's pretty much real, yes.

I've set up a separate account, just to follow Mika, (and Greg and Ella :naughty:) with no followers allowed. i just get the important posts and don't have to listen to the endles chatter from fans

If i want to chat I come on MFC - it's a much more appropriate place to do it - but it is sooo quiet these days

You won't get updates or posts from your followers, unless you also choose to follow them :wink2:.

Maybe that is what you meant though and I understood your post the wrong way around?

I do love it that Ella has her own profile thought :roftl:. My brother set up a prof for our family dog on Facebook and boy was he popular! I loved it.

Oooh I love Twitter, just give it some time and you won't envisage life without it :roftl:.

It's like therapy. You can post whichever nonsense you want, chat to whoever you want, and rant about what or whoever you want. If someone doesn't like it, then they just need not follow you. Fantastic :naughty:.

What is there not to like? :lmfao:

Oh and it's pretty much real, yes.

And how is the 140 sign limit working for you???:naughty::wub2:

You won't get updates or posts from your followers, unless you also choose to follow them :wink2:.

Maybe that is what you meant though and I understood your post the wrong way around?

I do love it that Ella has her own profile thought :roftl:. My brother set up a prof for our family dog on Facebook and boy was he popular! I loved it.

I only want Mika (and his close circle) so I just follow him:thumb_yello: nice & simple.

I have another as naectegale, where i have lots of followers & uodates - but I found it difficult to follow - like being in a room where everyone is talking loud and not listening. I will try it from time to time - it may settle down as the novelty wears off.