Michael Jackson

♥Dancing Machine♥

I really liked his music in the old days but I don't think these shows are going to be all that great. The guy is very sick. Wouldn't surprise me if the shows get cancelled or moved, and/or that he would lip sync and have a crappy show. Don't expect much of it. The guy lost his magic.

Queenie, did you get tickets?

WOW, a million tickets sold in just a couple of hours!

(I feel like raising my middlefinger to the crappy press that said after the courtcase he would not be able to see 1 single ticket or cd).

I would not have thought getting tickets online could be so NERVEwrecking!

Ticketmaster threw me out 4 times (cost me 3 yrs of my live, really) but i managed to get us tickets for the shows on july 14 and 16 WOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

I read 1500€ in the press !!

Real prices were between £50 & £75. Not too much comparing to Madonna´s & U2´s ticket prices.

There are VIP packages and you can imagine how much that will be....

The 1500 euros prices are prolly for scalping

(and no, i didn´t get tickets at the end. I received my presale code very late and i couldn´t make it. I tried the regular sale and it didn´t work either :tears:)

Real prices were between £50 & £75. Not too much comparing to Madonna´s & U2´s ticket prices.

There are VIP packages and you can imagine how much that will be....

The 1500 euros prices are prolly for scalping

(and no, i didn´t get tickets at the end. I received my presale code very late and i couldn´t make it. I tried the regular sale and it didn´t work either :tears:)

ooh,...i'm sorry for you...

all the gigs are sold out???

I'm going on the 18th of january :punk:

lucky you i wish i could go, my only hope is winning tickets in a competition i entered (wish me luck)

have been a fan 22 years (i'm 23 now) and have never seen him live yet, I would so love to go!

Are there any tickets available or they all sold out? Would love to see him live, especially since in July i'll be in London and will not want to miss it...

There are some tickets available, they´re VIP packages and they´re like 900 pounds each :(

• 3 weeks later...

A Prince Beats A King (Of Pop)

Posted Wed Apr 8, 2009 by Paul Grein in Chart Watch

Who would you say has amassed more top 10 albums, Prince or his one-time arch-rival, Michael Jackson? As of this week, the answer is Prince, and that's true even when you give Michael credit for albums he recorded with his brothers. LotusFlow3r, which enters The Billboard 200 at #2, is Prince's 14th top 10 album. Jackson has notched 13--seven on his own and six with the Jackson 5, later known as the Jacksons. Though Prince and Jackson have been considered rivals since the early ‘80s, Prince owes a big debt to Jackson's trailblazing. 1999 was released five weeks before Thriller, but it hit the top 10 only after Thriller had clocked a few months at #1--and, significantly, only after Jackson's mega-hits "Billie Jean" and "Beat It" broke down MTV's resistance to playing videos by black artists. 1999 ultimately logged 11 weeks in the top 10, no match for Thriller's 78 weeks, but enough to establish Prince as a star. Prince's follow-up, Purple Rain did far better than it would have had Thriller not paved the way. Purple Rain logged 24 consecutive weeks at #1, spawned five hit singles and brought Prince an Oscar and three Grammys.

Edited by A. Clay

0,,6517501,00.jpg

In case you may have missed it.

Here are books of MJ's "STUFF" . . .

http://www.juliensauctions.com/auctions/2009/michael-jackson/catalog-list.html

large_57_2009-michael-jackson.jpg

BOXED SET, SIGNED & NUMBERED-$500:

SOLD OUT!

http://www.juliensauctions.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=57

jackson_01_350x435_489999d.jpg

Michael Jackson Auction Memorabilia Catalog

FOR DAY 4 ONLY. AVAILABLE for $50.00

http://www.juliensauctions.com/shop/index.php?l=product_detail&p=62

Some dandy examples-

wacko-jacko.jpg

Edited by A. Clay

Michael-Jackson-s-Famous-Glove-Auctioned-on-eBay-2.jpg

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/article2370369.ece?OTC-RSS&ATTR=Bizarre

The Grace Kelly singer plans to bid for MICHAEL JACKSON’s iconic diamanté gloves

and his Zoltar The Fortune Teller fairground machine in the Neverland auction,

starting on April 22.

Zoltare_the_fortune_teller.jpg

http://www.sindhtoday.net/world/85309.htm

and

http://www.newkerala.com/nkfullnews-1-19001.html

Edited by A. Clay

Michael Jackson's 50 dates

at London's O2 arena sell out

michaeljackson-tour.jpg

The King of Pop's residency has completely sold out in just a few hours with fans

snapping up more than a million tickets.

Tickets for Michael Jackson's 50 live dates at London's O2 arena have sold out, meaning that a staggering one million tickets to see the singer have been bought in a matter of hours.

Dates for the summer residency, beginning on 8 July, had been extended to 50 nights – one for each year of Jackson's life. The singer is said to be "thrilled" by the response, though no doubt his promoters are even happier. "Not only are these concerts unparalleled, these records have never been broken," said Randy Phillips, of promoters AEG Live. "We knew this was show business history, but this is a cultural phenomenon".

Tickets only went on sale on Friday 13 March, with pre-sale allocation available yesterday, and Ticketmaster described the demand as "unprecedented". Fans queued overnight outside the O2 arena in Greenwich, south-east London, in the hope of avoiding jammed phonelines. However, those not lucky enough to secure a ticket can head to

eBay to buy them second hand, providing they are prepared to pay between £170 and £10,000.

Jackson confirmed details of his O2 arena residency last week with the words: "When

I say this is it, I mean this is it," prompting many to question whether this will be his farewell tour.

Those who managed to buy tickets for the singer's first full concert in 12 years can

expect to hear "the songs my fans want". Tabloid speculation this week claimed these would include classics such as Billie Jean and The Way You Make Me Feel. And with the This Is It dates now stretching into 2010, Jackson has plenty of opportunity to perfect them.

michael_jackson_shaan_kokinafpgettyimages_1411988.jpg

Edited by A. Clay

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

What a mess with the postponed dates (we used to go 14 and 16 of july and they postponed the 14th to march 2-0-1-0 (whoa).

Butttttttt we managed to trade our 2010 tickets for tickets to the OPENING gig,now on july 13!!!!

It has cost me a few yrs of my life BUT WE'RE GOING.

So we'll be there on july 13 and 16 and we'll be in London until the 17th.

I'm hoping Mika will be in London for some promotion or so, that would be the coolest!

(Hey, mayby he'll attend the openingnight as well, its possible right?).

I'm getting more and more obsessed with him! :teehee:

:thumb_yello:

What a mess with the postponed dates (we used to go 14 and 16 of july and they postponed the 14th to march 2-0-1-0 (whoa).

Butttttttt we managed to trade our 2010 tickets for tickets to the OPENING gig,now on july 13!!!!

It has cost me a few yrs of my life BUT WE'RE GOING.

So we'll be there on july 13 and 16 and we'll be in London until the 17th.

I'm hoping Mika will be in London for some promotion or so, that would be the coolest!

(Hey, mayby he'll attend the openingnight as well, its possible right?).

It's a mess indeed!

I was going on the 14 and 16th as well. But now it will be the 16th and then in March next year.

Cool that you are going to the opening night!

I also hope Mika will be doing something in london then. :biggrin2:

my sis happened to ask mika about his plans when we met in him Amsterdam this week :D.

He said he had to work on the night of the opening gig but intends to see the show this summer...

He made it sound like he was sorry that he couldnt make it on openingnight.

We didnt think of asking WHERE he is working that evening, lol, :doh: