New Newsletter 18/2/09

Louiza

Just checked my e-mails and found this:

Hi guys

It's been a few weeks since our last communiqué and we hope all is well with you out there. MIKA has posted a very exciting new video blog on http://www.mikasounds.com.

Check out MIKA in the studio in LA giving some tantalising snippets into some of his new material. It's a fascinating insight into how his new songs are being built in the studio including footage of the Andrea Crouch Gospel Choir, who have previously worked with Michael Jackson and Madonna. Watch them at Capital Studios recording backing vocals for one of MIKA's new tracks.

There's also a snippet of violinist Owen Pallett's contribution as well the percussive layers (including MIKA's foot stamps, clapping and Cherisse's drumming) that go towards the track with the current working title of 'Clapping Song'.

So if you like to understand how songs, particularly MIKA songs, are constructed and put together as part of the studio process then this will be right up your street.

OK guys that's it, take care... and enjoy!

Love

Mikasounds

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It would have been great to have the tourdates in the newsletter. I've looked on ticketmaster and can't see anything for Mika. If anyone knows how to find out about the Dublin gig, or any of the others, please could they let me know. It could be that I'm not looking in the right place. I've also looked on the Dublin Acadamy's site which has the acts playing there listed at the side on the homepage, but I can't see Mika listed there.

Just checked my e-mails and found this:

Hi guys

It's been a few weeks since our last communiqué and we hope all is well with you out there. MIKA has posted a very exciting new video blog on http://www.mikasounds.com.

Check out MIKA in the studio in LA giving some tantalising snippets into some of his new material. It's a fascinating insight into how his new songs are being built in the studio including footage of the Andrea Crouch Gospel Choir, who have previously worked with Michael Jackson and Madonna. Watch them at Capital Studios recording backing vocals for one of MIKA's new tracks.

There's also a snippet of violinist Owen Pallett's contribution as well the percussive layers (including MIKA's foot stamps, clapping and Cherisse's drumming) that go towards the track with the current working title of 'Clapping Song'.

So if you like to understand how songs, particularly MIKA songs, are constructed and put together as part of the studio process then this will be right up your street.

OK guys that's it, take care... and enjoy!

Love

Mikasounds

I've got it too!!!! :wink2:

As usual, I got FIVE copies of that email.

five copies!?!:blink:

Each time it makes you feel so good to read "from: Mika" in your email :naughty:

i know!!!

am i the only one who thinks that mika writes at least some of these..

sometimes i think that he writes some of them too.