REPORTS/PICS/VIDS for MIKA LA Surprise Show 04-15-09

Blue Sky

Yeah :biggrin2:

There was a group of girls who had flown/driven in from Mexico for the show... they brought a bunch of signs and that was one of them. He grabbed it from them, waved it around, then threw it back :naughty:

from Mexico? they are from MFC?

thank you for the great pics :wub2:

OMG! I HATE MYSELF! I can't believe I did my subconscious alarm-turning-off thing TODAY :shocked:

Nono: "some of us are getting f***ing gyped again. they let 10 mfcers meet him but i was the first one here and i didn't even get in. bull f***ing s***."

Text from Nono:

"I think it'll be fine. Allison said she'd let us meet him. I love her."

Mana just texted: All MFC had private meet and greet.

Way to give us all a heart attack, Nono. Thank god they all got in, yayyyyy!

Grace Kelly first, of course.

Then Big Girl!

Billy Brown

CLAPPING SONG! "this has to be a single, sounds amazing"

"re-worked" Stuck in the Middle

slower, new song. people were laughing at something that mustavebeen the lyrics

Love Today!

Lollipop

*ENCORE*

a new song with guitar

Grace Kelly again!

NEEEWWWW SOOOONGS! *dies due to how much she needs videos*

The band:

3446037885_c93725e672.jpg?v=0

OH MY GOSH, WHO ARE THOSE STRANGERS?

3446855378_68beb79f7b.jpg?v=0

This is my favourite icecream man photo :wub2:

"I filmed the whole show by the way."

sariflor told the same on twitter:

Yayyyy! Now START UPLOADING! :naughty:

From Mana: Best f*cking gig ever!!!! MFC meet and greet post gig!!!!

M took pics with MFC, hung out with us, chatted - and squeaked when he saw my tattoo!

Ahhh! Need ... detailed ... report.

They heard *4* new songs -- we left one out of the set list when we

posted it originally! She said the slower one that everyone was laughing

at was called Boy Toy, or Toy Boy, and that the lyrics were really funny.

Was it supposed to be funny? Aww, a funny song, I wanna hear iiiiit. And clapping song, I'm excited about capping song. In my head the live version would be AWESOME because he'd make the crowd clap inctricately. He best have done that.

Aw Ella What a show! They wouldn't let me in but from the back alley I heard the fans singing along to new and old songs. Nighty night.

Awwww, I love Ella, this is my favourite report.

3447016292_51d58603b6.jpg?v=0

Looove this picture lovempls!

Yeah :biggrin2:

There was a group of girls who had flown/driven in from Mexico for the show... they brought a bunch of signs and that was one of them. He grabbed it from them, waved it around, then threw it back :naughty:

WOW

LUCKY GIRLS!!!

I hope they had convinced him to come to Mexico!!!!! :D

Was anything of interest posted in the pre-show thread? Should I read back through it?

It was pretty much the excitement of knowing what songs he was singing. Don't really think it's necessary to read it all :wink2:

Man, I'm getting so impatient now :woot_jump:

I can see this was a great show! Love all the pics. Can't wait for reports and vids.

I won't talk a lot because it'll be harder for other people to catch up to this if it's all chit chat in the way.

OMG! I HATE MYSELF! I can't believe I did my subconscious alarm-turning-off thing TODAY :shocked:

Don't worry.. I did it too:naughty:

The chorus of "The Clapping Song" went: "Blame it on the giiiiiiiirls, blame it on the boooooooys...", and I've had it stuck in my head since the concert ended :naughty:

:roftl::roftl:

And I don't even know the tone of the chorus.. Aaaah:roftl:

Ok, here we go.

Arrived at the venue at 9am, and waited for about an hour for more people to show up. We staked are places in the queue in our beach chairs and froze. Seriously, it was the most cold I've ever been, I think. I saw that Mika had replied to be on twitter and was gonna send us some hot chocolate and donuts. So freakin' sweet. So John and Sheryl came and took our orders and then came back with the goods. Though the hot chocolate felt so nice and warm and my hands, it did not help my already nauseous stomach. I came so freaking close to just calling my mom and going home. Yes -- it was that bad. However, I stuck it out. As I was laying on the floor, practically dead, Christine whispered "Mika's here" and BAM! I shot right up and felt immediately fine. SO WEIRD. We listened to the soundcheck at which point I thought he was doing a bunch of covers 'cause one of them sounded like the Beach Boys and another one sounded familiar aswell.

Eventually we were let in. Almost all of us made it front row. Some stupid VIP people got there before the rest of MFC could. The opening act was so f*cking WEIRD! It was just some burlesque dance/borderline stripper. I was laughing so hard.

Now the part you care about.

Mika sprung on the stage, starting with Grace Kelly. He kept joking about missing the high G on the keyboard. Next was Big Girl I believe. It was cool hearing the "acoustic" version of that. It didn't sound that acoustic though, but it was tons of fun. After that I believe it was a new song called "Good Gone Girl". I really liked that one. Next was "Billy Brown" where he forgot quite a bit of the lyrics, but it was very cute. I have to admit, I sort of forget them myself. After that was "The Clapping Song" which I still don't know the official name for. It's a lot of fun though. The crowd caught on quickly and were singing along. The main phrase from it is "Blame it on the girlssss, blame it on the boyyys." Then came "Stuck In the Middle." At one point he messed up on piano and smiled at me. :wub2: I was laughing. He could be the worst piano player in the world but no one would give a f*ck. He's just too lovable. After that was this song called "Toy Boy." It was really funny 'cause he looked at the band and was like "And it's in...A?" (he was talking about what key it was in.) The lyrics are sort of Billy Brown-ish. They're quite funny at times and very...interesting. :wink2:

Then he played "Love Today." When he got up from the keyboard he accidentally knocked the mic stand down which fell to my crotch, but he left it there for a while, until he finally whipped it back up and then moved two feet and dropped it on the other side. :lol3: Then he played "Lollipop" as a finale, though he came back afterwards with a song called "Blue Eyes" (I think). It's very pretty and catchy (of course :rolls_eyes:). And after that he played "Grace Kelly" again 'cause he said he wouldn't be playing it much on this acoustic tour. I really wanted him to pay "Relax" though. Whatever, it was amazing.

After that, we walked down about half a block and collected all of the MFC peeps. Andrew was waiting for Allison to give him the "OK" in order to go back and meet Mika. They said they were only going to allow 10 people, and unfortunately 5 of us got left behind. We were on the verge of tears when we saw Allison smoking outside. I didn't want to bother her 'cause she seemed stressed but the others asked her nicely if we could go in as well and told them I'd been waiting there since 9am and she saw me and remembered me. "You used to have blond hair, didn't you" etc. So thankfully she said not to worry and that she'd let us in. I don't know how many times I can say it, but I LOVE ALLISON! This is the second time she's made me the happiest fan ever. I'm gonna send her flowers or something.

Anyways, we met with the other 10 MFCers in this platformed area with booths, and everyone stood in a line to get ready for Mika. But me being the freak I am and to stay sitting down 'cause I was beginning to feel sick again. When he got to the last person (Ashley) I noticed he was about to leave so I ran next to her and said "MIKAAA!" and he turned around and gave me a big hug. :stretcher:

Then I asked "You know how I have a bad habit of giving you the most random gifts?"

"..Yah" he said.

"Well, I've done it again, though I've made it this time."

He started looking at it, but I was like "No, don't look at it here!" and he said "I like embroidered things. Ok, I'll look at it later."

Then he asked if we wanted a group picture or a picture of him with each member. We let him choose, and he said he'd do both, so we took the group photo and then he posed with everyone. *dies*

After he was all done, I asked him to thank Perez for everything, but I don't know if he heard me.

Then we all floated out of the club on our clouds and said our goodbyes.

I am so lucky to have been part of this and I'd like to give a HUGE thank you to Mika, Perez, Allison, John, Sheryl, and all of his management for just being so awesome to us.

And all of the people I got to meet yesterday and today are AMAZING! I love you and guys and I'm very happy to have met you! :huglove:

THE END.

Edited by Fmbm

The energy in the Roxy was super high... the give and take between Mika and his fans was awesome to experience.... unfortunately, the opening burlesque stripper act put a damper on it for me... and, I learned later, it was a bit of a downer for many, even if they are not talking about it publicly... She was classy, yes... but inappropriate for an all ages show. I stood behind two children in line that were no more than 12 years old. If I had been their parents I would have been quite upset. I know it made the lesbians happy... and the minority of male fans... But...with so many young female fans, it would be wise for the Mika organization to show some consideration to them in this regard... If they can't do that, then next time, how about some turnabout... some equality time... how about a male stripper for the female fans (and the gay guy fans), hmmm?

The energy in the Roxy was super high... the give and take between Mika and his fans was awesome to experience.... unfortunately, the opening burlesque stripper act put a damper on it for me... and, I learned later, it was a bit of a downer for many, even if they are not talking about it publicly... She was classy, yes... but inappropriate for an all ages show. I stood behind two children in line that were no more than 12 years old. If I had been their parents I would have been quite upset. I know it made the lesbians happy... and the minority of male fans... But...with so many young female fans, it would be wise for the Mika organization to show some consideration to them in this regard... If they can't do that, then next time, how about some turnabout... some equality time... how about a male stripper for the female fans (and the gay guy fans), hmmm?

I totally agree. Weird and inappropriate. And like was pointed out, aren't the majority of his fans women and gay men? Why would we want to see that? :naughty: